“Just like the name...”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Houston, Texas
“Just like the name...”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Traveling alone for a family gathering, I needed to stop on the way. I found the hotel to be exceptionally clean, my room pleasant, the staff very helpful and the bed most comfortable. This is my second stay at a Comfort Suites - I think it is my first choice on the road!

Room Tip: Making a reservation online saves you $$
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I work with Choice Hotels and have stayed at several different properties throughout the years. I found this Comfort Suites online and after viewing the pictures knew I had to book it. From my very first call to the hotel I had a great feeling, Hillary (very helpful front desk clerk) confirmed my room type for me because by the pictures online I thought it was too good to be true. Her description did not disappoint me, the room was VERY impressive.
We had a spacious bathroom with the most comfortable water temp I had ever experienced CONSISTENTLY throughout our stay and for the longest showers everyone could stand (BIG BONUS). The pool was clean and fun, equipped with a spa as well. The breakfast certainly stands out in my mind! We stayed 2 nights and each morning I saw the same nice lady setting up and keeping a good eye on the breakfast to make sure everything was fresh and fully stocked. There was a different style of eggs to choose from each morning and waffles were outstanding.
The second night we stayed we were traveling from a family event back to the hotel when we encountered heavy rain, storms, and tornado warnings. We took shelter at a gas station 3 exits away from the hotel because it was hailing nearly baseball size. When there was a break in the hail we got to the hotel as quick as possible. Again, I was extremely impressed with Hillary at the front desk. Upon my entering the hotel she immediately notified our party of their safety precautions and we found each guest of the hotel SAFELY waiting in a hallway with her constant guidance in English and in Spanish, one member of my party later notified me. Not only did she deal with the chaos and uncertainty of this storm but also during a beautiful wedding reception. I did make certain to mention most of this to one of the managers at the front desk who responded they would do something for HIllary and I certainly hope they do. I would be pleased to share a position with her at the front desk at my work.
Also upon check out Lauren did a great job of making sure that when we left we saw a smiling face. I certainly appreciated all of the staff, these 2 names were the only 2 I do remember at the time.

Needless to say I was VERY pleased with my stay at this Comfort Suites and would recommend this location to anyone I know!!! Thank you for such a great experience!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2011

This is a newer hotel located right on I-35 in Gainesville. We stayed overnight after attending a concert at Winstar. We felt like it was a very good value for the money. The staff were pleasant and competent. The included breakfast was decent and even included hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, and a waffle station. Free Internet is always nice and we accessed it with no troubles. We did not use the indoor pool area, but it looked very nice as well.

The bottom line: Great value for the money. Is it the Ritz Carleton? No. But it is new, clean, safe and more than adequate.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
southwest
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed here just one night because the moment I walked in to the room I did not like it. It did not seem clean, a few of the walls were damaged & needed cleaning or a fresh coat of paint.. Breakfast was ok, the usual fare. Maybe we just got the room that hadn't been addressed yet.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank texgal50
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The time we enter the hotel we were greeted with a smile and everyone I will never forget that. Each time we left and came back in there were smiles and greeting. I was the Best customer service I ever experience. I was treated with Royalty they rolled out the Red Carpet.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank NikkiPegues
Irving, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We stayed here on a Friday night in Sept. Checked in about 5 pm and room was ready. Room type was what we reserved. Room included small fridge, and microwave. A/C worked quietly and cooled without any problems. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Overall room, bathroom, carpets all appeared clean and well maintained. Went to Winstar till about midnight. Came to back to hotel (about 7-10 min drive) and hotel was well lit with plenty of places to park. Breakfast a little better than most and included plenty of coffee, juices, cereals, eggs, bacon, toast, yogurt and muffins. Hotel didn't mind you taking a little bit of breakfast to enjoy in your room.
The indoor pool (felt warm to us) was great and large hot tub was even better.
Check out went fine with no problem charges. Saved almost $70 versus staying at Winstar Casino Hotel. Will do samething next time in town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveling07Texans
texas
Reviewed June 21, 2009

The pool , hot tub, and sauna were the best in town. My husband and our friends spent the day sipping pina coladas pool side. It was a wonderful vacation away from the kids. We also went to the nearby Winstar Casino and had a blast. My only gripe is that the bar/lounge at the hotel never opened the mon night we stayed. The rooms were very luxurious with soft and comfortable pillows and mattresses in a roomy enviornment. We will definetly be return guests.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leaheather
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Comfort Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!