“Really.......”

The Neu Ranch House
Ranked #12 of 71 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Was recommended by a friend bragging particularly on the ribs, sorry but I guess he doesn't get out much. The food was average at best.
The only thing making it reach an average score was the wait staff being very attentive and the place being clean.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Choice of menu or buffet, and we went with the buffet. Most everything on the buffet line was very good, and the price was great. Supper buffet is $8.50 and then $7.99 for seniors. (Seniors get $5.50 pricing with drink from 2:00-4:00 weekdays!) Five different BBQ meats including meaty ribs. I mostly went with the very good ribs. My wife said the BBQ chicken was very good. Three kinds of cobbler, and I can attest that the apricot was very good. We were the only tourists in the establishment. Catfish Louie's occupies the back half of the restaurant, but I did not quite figure that out. Heading east from I35, I think Neu Ranch House was just past the third red light, on the left. Good staff. We will return!

1  Thank dougfmftw
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stumbled on to this restaurant while looking for another, the lot was full, good sign, but don't like to wait for a table, but why not give it a try. Hostess was most helpful, talked us off the menu for the buffett, plus their was a senior discount. One of the advantages of getting old. Tried to peek at the food gave up because everybody in line looked like they have eaten at the all you can eat buffet.
Salad, standard items, disappointed their was no soup, Mashed, greenbeans(one of the best I have tasted) corn on the cob (awesome). squash, turnips and onion gravy. Main meat and sea food entrees was plentiful, I liked the ham especially, my wife the ribs (big and juicy) fried catfish and my favorite, the mystery meat. It was tender, tasty, but a different taste then I could ID.
Asked the waitress (who did it all) poured drinks, cleaned tables, friendly to everybody and very attentive., What was the meat, she said chicken steak, asked one cook on the line and a server.
Ground Beef and the other said Ground Pound Steak. What ever it was, it was good.
Apple coobler and ice cream finished it off.