“Omg...”

Taco Casa
Ranked #22 of 70 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had Taco Casa for the first time last night. Hubby raves about it all the time. So we stopped in at the Gainsville location for dinner on our way home from a South Texas trip. Man oh man. That is some excellent food!! I am a HUGE cheese lover and it's like they knew. More cheese on everything than I could actually eat. Would DEFINITELY eat here again. (At the Norman, OK location which is where hubby usually has it) Best fast food type taco I have ever had.

1  Thank piclady75
There are newer reviews for Taco Casa

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I eat when I find them ,5 years in Gainesville, TX. home office to taco casa. yep its so good.I ate there last night. got my discount too.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I usually eat at the Weatherford and Willow Park Locations, the food and menu are simple ,which is why it's so great. The prices are good. I always order two regular tacos, two bean burritos extra sour cream, a childa, or Super Nachos, and a Dr Pepper. And walk away with a Smile. Also I like the fact that at the Weatherford ,Willow Park, and Gainesville restaurants, they have cool and unique Art on the wall! Some people don't get it, but I do.

1  Thank NorthTexas2014
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The bar must be set very low for anyone rating this over 2 stars. It's slightly better than Taco Bell and falls way short of Taco Cabana. I live in Houston and have developed a liking for Tex Mex food. Taco Casa is not Tex Mex. The food was bland and uninspiring. The menu was limited. The chili burger was a joke. The bun was soggy. There was very little flavor. It was cheap and if you are on the road and can't find a Taco Bell, I guess Taco Casa would do. Who picked that orange decor?

Small town folk...if you don't know any better, you will like it. Big City folk with real Tex Mex restaurants...steer clear of this place.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Taco Casa started it's first restaurant in Gainesville in the 70's at the Grand Avenue location[now closed.] Moved to their new location several years ago at I-35 and California Street. All their food is fresh made when you order. Tacos, burritos, super nachos, tostadas, all are great. They have opened Taco Casa's in Denton, Abilene, Fort worth, and others, but Gainesville is home. All my kids go to Taco Casa when they are here to visit. Get their large drinks. Sweet tea sure cools you off in the summer.
Well worth a try