“Taste of Mexico in Texas”

Los Mariachis Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

A recent stop to what looked like a whole in the wall. Turned out to be a great meal. The carna asada was great. It melt in your mouth. Order arrived hot and very fresh. My son had fajita which were very good as well. My wife had their enchilada lunch special and she wants go back again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

On our 52nd wedding anniversary we chose to have our family meal at the Los Mariachis Restaurant in Gainesville. We had called ahead to make our reservation and they had everything arranged for our group of 11 just as promised. The service was excellent and everyone's food also excellent which made our anniversary with our family extra enjoyable . Our server was very attentive plus he was completely accurate on all of our orders. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes good Mexican food. The restaurant is in an old building that has been upgraded and decorated in the Mexican style where it's beautiful, plus it retains much of the character of the past.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

You won't regret it! The decor is perfect, the service is quick and friendly, and the food... Wow. I highly recommend the alambres.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I happened on this restaurant while traveling through Texas a while back and we are very glad we did.
We got off I 35 in Gainesville and someone told us about this place and said get the fajitas. We did the share order platter and it was very good.
the chips and salsa were very good as well, nice kick to the salsa!
If you are ever through there and want a good texmex place to eat.. go to Los Mariachis!

1  Thank onthego2much
Reviewed April 18, 2014

If a small town local restaurant suits you and you like typical Tex-Mex fare, Los Mariachis is a place to eat. The carne asada is tender and tasty; the chile relleno is good and you can request green sauce in lieu of red (they bring it on the side in case it is too hot for you!). My husband is a fan of the enchilada plate (never my favorite to eat out -- I like my enchiladas with sauce inside the tortilla as well as on top!). We eat here about every other month or so. Good homemade salsa -- just a nice fall back spot for family or friends dining.

1  Thank ttaylortx