“Looks funky, but tastes great”
Review of Joey's Hilltop Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Joey's Hilltop Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant today since he and his buddy discovered it last week. The food was great! I had grilled chicken with balsamic blood orange glaze with homemade mashed potato. My husband had the special which was a pasta with pork and a zippy sauce. We also had delicious brownies with ice cream. My husband said he had the house made cheesecake last time and it was delicious. Joey also said they make the crème brulee on the premises, so that is something to look forward to. We look forward to return trips to try other menu items! (If décor is more important to you than food, you won't like it. But if good food is what you go for, this is the place.) Great for casual dining with great food and bringing friends and family.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my first visit to Joey's. It is a family run business (Joey, Mrs. Joey and the kids). I had a meatloaf sandwich and it was great. moist, well seasoned, topped with swiss cheese on home made bread. add in the fresh cut fries and it doesn;t get much better. I did not try it but I am told the cheese cakes are out of this world. If you are in Gainesville, stop by, you won;t be disappointed.

1  Thank bflip
Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you want a good meal in Gainesville, this place is it. I do not know how many times I forget about the place when out in search of a decent meal. But this place and its owners really know what you want. They take pride in their small restaurant, and they always offer great service. The only really decent place to eat in Gainesville.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Brought by friends as otherwise we would have driven past this place. Glad they did as food was top-notch and great value.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I work in Gainesville, TX. A lot. When working there, I go out to eat. A little too much. When I do, more times than I should, I end up at Joey's. Be it lunch or dinner, I'm there. My waistline agrees with me as does my credit card statements.

Words really can do no justice about this place as the food speaks for itself. This is a family owned business where Joey creates gastro-masterpieces while wife and kids run the front of the house.

From the outside, the restaurant's looks can be deceiving. The building is located on the West side of Interstate 35. Connected to a liquor store and close by a gas station and Western wear store, its easy to blink and miss this hidden gem in Gainesville.

A friend introduced me about a year ago, and the rest, as they say, is history. From meatloaf sandwiches to chicken parmesan to homemade creme brulee to fried porkchops with chipotle mashed potatoes, you can't go wrong. Recently added were: 1) $10 chocolate cake; 2) marbled cheesecake. I've yet to have either as my doctor and wife have me watching my calories. Once I've shed a few pounds, however, I'll be giving those desserts a spin and reporting back.

In the meantime, do your taste buds a favor and stop in at Joey's. Start with the meatloaf sandwich with homemade fries and work your way through the menu. You'll be glad you did!