“Not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Gainesville
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Gainesville
Waco Tx
“Not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I stopped at this hotel on our travel to Oklahoma. We got a suite with a jacuzzi and the price was alittle high for this area. They put us on the first floor and not letting us know they were working on the room above us. The coffee maker ran water all over the place and the ice bucket still had the water in it from the previous guest. They did get us another coffee maker but we had to go get it.The refrigerator was dirty and I couldnt put anything in the freezer dept. I called front desk and told them about the noise and the manager asked me why we didn't complain during the night! You can't get anyone to answer the phone during the night!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kirkkay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The hotel itself was great. Friendly staff, clean rooms, the breakfast was just so-so (I guess my stays at other HI Express hotels have me spoiled to their superb breakfasts).
However my only complaint, and it is a major one, has to do with the trains that run nearby somewhere. They blew their horns it seemed all night every thirty minutes or so.
I got very little sleep and what sleep I did get I dreamt about trains (not joking!).
The room was oriented in a south-easterly direction so maybe if you're on the other side of the hotel you'd be okay.
Or if your a heavy sleeper, or if train horns don't bother you than I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Otherwise, you've been warned!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the north west side.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank L S
Oklahoma
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Had a wonderful stay. We signed up for the rewards and got so many extras. It was loud because our room was located next to the elevator. But once everyone went to bed it was fine. We had to move the couch to make room for a blow up bed, and under the couch was a terrible mess. I left a note for the cleaning crew so I'm hoping they cleaned it up. The breakfast was ok, but overall the stay was nice. Loved the late checkout and it was also nice to have an indoor pool/hotub.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed at this establishment and have to say we will never go back there. The beds are hard. The room was relatively clean, but rather noisy. Could hear traffic noise very clearly. While the person we checked in with was very nice, the rest of the staff did not take the same course. Arrived for the breakfast buffet at 9:25, (it closes at 9:30) while I was cooking my pancakes the staff took up the rest of the food. So I had pancakes no syrup, no butter it had already been picked up, along with all the other foods. Someone eating in the room couldn't believe what was happening. The staff just shrugged and said we closed. a few minutes later, 5 different staff members walked out with food. When I explained to the front desk they said sorry. Very disappointing.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I made a reservation for my son for his honeymoon. I was offered a rate in the 130"s for a jacuzzi room. When i called a few days later and spoke with Stephanie she said it was impossible that i had been offered that rate for that room. She also said it was impossible to tell who took the reservation which later proved to be untrue. She said she could care less whether i wrote a scathing review on this site or any other. She also said she could care less whether i cancelled the reservation (I did). Unbelievable

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank proesler

Travelers are raving about these Gainesville hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel is close to the WinStar casino. So it was a convenient place to stay while we enjoyed seeing the Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker concerts. Free breakfast was included with the room. So we had a nice leisurely breakfast at the hotel. There are also several resturants within easy walking distance. If you show your room key, IHOP and Chili's will give you at 10% discount. The Fried Pie Company is a bit further away in downtown Gainesville but worth the trip. They are famous for their good food and delicious fried pies. The food and service are excellent and their prices are extremely reasonable. That's why so many of the locals eat there.

Room Tip: Eat at the Fried Pie Company in Gainesville, TX.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Sonia T
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed May 26, 2011

We have been traveling since March. This Holiday Inn Express is very very tired and worn. Our room had a hole worn in the carpeting. Everything looks old. The bathroom floor had some long black hairs on the floor. I have blonde hair and my husband has short gray hair so it wasn't ours. I would pass on this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank dvhtbm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gainesville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
#1 of 1 in Lindsay
Red River Inn & Suites
Red River Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Thackerville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Gainesville? Share your experiences!