“Delightful surprise in Gainesville, TX” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Delightful surprise in Gainesville, TX”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

For starters, Sarah was a madame and the building was a brothel back in the days of old. This place is a lot spicier than the name implies.

The building has been beautifully renovated with a restaurant on the first floor and a Victorian B&B on the second floor. The restaurant is extremely attractive and very comfortable. The centerpiece is an old bar from the 1800's. I would recommend it for a comfortable meal with friends or a romantic dinner for two.

Both the lunch and dinner menus are expansive and run the gamut from salads and sandwiches to steaks and other heavier entrees. (They also claim to have the world's best hamburger.) There is also a whole case of homemade desserts which will tempt even the most disciplined to depart their diet.

I had the Southwest Cobb Salad and my wife had Chicken Salad with the Corn and Crabmeat Salad. Both dishes were over-the-top delicious and nicely presented. The portions run to the large side and the prices lean to the small side.

What more could you ask?

I'll tell you; ask for Cindy as your server...she was great and the whole experience has left me wanting to go back again and again to try all of Sarah's dishes.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank DGraupner

“Great little restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Sarah's is a charming little restaurant on the sguare in downtown Gainesville. The food is wonderful; I highly recommend the chicken spaghetti! Service is great as well!!

• Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
“Cute restaurant with great service and charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very cute place... a B&B upstairs with the cafe downstairs. Food is fresh and very flavorful. Service is good too.

Visited May 2012
Texas
“Good food, Good staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here many time since moving up here 2 years ago. It is a very pleasant surprise in a town this small. Love the Southwest salad, but all of their food is great. We have never left disappointed. Nice for lunch and dinner.I think you would enjoy it.

• Visited November 2011
Sanger, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quiet little gem in Gainsville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

My wife and I were going to the Winstar casino to see a show in Oklahoma. We were celebrating our 30 anniversary, so rather than going south to to a restaurant . I looked up Sarah's in Gainsville on the square. Absolutely amazed at my find, food was amazing, service was very attentive , but not to the the point of being intrusive . The owner took the time to stop by and visit . Portions were large, my wife had a slice of buttermilk pie that was so large it took both of us to eat it. Do try the corn chowder with crab, great, crab cakes very good. None of the food we had was that off the truck industrial fair. My only complaint was that it took us so long to find Sarahs.
Donna thanks for a very enjoyable meal , we will see you again soon.
Bob & Linda