“Good strudles and desserts”
Review of Rumpy's

Rumpy's
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Gainesville
Cuisines: German
Description: Rumpy's is a store that sells various German bakery items and meats. Because they have tables/chairs for eating their wares, I called it a restaurant. It could be an "attraction" but I think that's a stretch because they mainly serve food, beverages, and gasoline...with a few local gifts. We stop there every trip to Texas because of their great goodies!
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great selections of sweets and a place to get good sandwiches. Best to go and pick up. Not realyy a destination. Lots of people around here enjoy it.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

In addition to being an authentic German bakery, Rumpy's is also a gas station and convenience store that sells beer and wine. While you can get beer and wine just about anywhere, you can only get the World's Best Strudel at Rumpy's....it awesome and highly habit forming. In addition to a large variety of Strudel's, Rumpy's also has great kolaches and huge variety of cakes, pies, brownies and other baked goods.

They are right on I-35, so if you're driving through town, stop here to fill-up your gas tank and your stomach.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I've only had the strudels but goodness were they delicious. They are so large I couldn't finish one, which was nice because I got to enjoy it for a second time later that day!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Rumpy's is a convenient, nice stop on I-35 in Gainesville. It is clean and has a wide array of pastries. I stopped in recently for a couple of sausage kolaches. They were reasonably priced and very tasty. But, I could not bite into the casing. It was just too darn tough. But the flavor was good. I will go back and try them again in a week or two.

1  Thank jj8117
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Rumpys was one of the reasons moved to Gainesville from Lewisville , that and living in a small town with great people and love of the country. Rumpys (sweets of all types German cakes, pies,strudel , a sort of a cake with yummy insides ,a reason to stop and more in our sister city in Muster where you can get meat ,hams, Brisket , etc the best
yep