“My husband and I really enjoying dining the The Main street Pub in Gainesville, Texas.”

The Main Street Pub
Ranked #8 of 69 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The dining experience at The Main Street Pub, in Gainesville is delightful. The food is great, though sometime the service at lunch is a bit slow. However, in the evenings the service is top notch. We prefer this restaurant more than any other in Gainesville.

• Visited May 2014

Rugby, North Dakota
“Unique atmosphere”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We decided to stop here because they had 'burgers'. We were very, very pleased when we arrived. It is located in an old building, very well maintained. It is decorated with a western theme, lots of old time photos and many pics/histories of MEDAL OF HONOR award winners. One of them right by our table happened to be from our home state. Came for burgers, but had a club sandwich and veggie wrap, which were some of the best we've had. Like everything else, the service was excellent too. I can't wait 'til our road trip south next year so we can patronize this business again.

• Visited April 2014
Houston, Texas
“Good food, good people!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I am from Houston and was in Gainesville for two weeks and found this to be a great place to dine for lunch and dinner. Pat, the owner was very nice and friendly and Ginger, the bartender/sever was absolutely friendly and great. All food was great, but I particularly enjoyed the steaks and the grilled fish. Do not miss out on the desserts, peach, blackberry and blueberry cobblers were so good, I had to stop by on my way out of town to get some to go! Thanks for the hospitality guys!

• Visited March 2014
Gainesville, Texas
“What a SHame”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The "Pub" used to be a wonderful experience until it changed owners a few years ago. Now, service is terrible servers act as if they don't care about their customers; the food is at best adequate and the prices are ridiculously high! A hamburger steak is $16??? What are they thinking.

• Visited December 2013
Colorado
“Nice afternoon for a late lunch”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family was visiting the area and honestly, this was the first place that we found open. It's a fun environment with wonderful local history all over the walls. The service was alright. The food was good. Nothing outstanding, but would go again.

• Visited February 2014