Econo Lodge Inn by the Bay
Quality Inn(Rockport)
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewshot breakfastbacon or sausageoatmealfront office staffplace to stayreasonable ratesfree breakfastfishing pierclean roomsoutdoor poolcoffee makerrockportdryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Staff was good however owner was very rude. After agreeing on a rate at check in, I noticed the day rate was $10/day higher at checkout. Owner refused to go with original rate. I have contacted the main Best Western number to file a complaint. I also will never stay there again.
Complaint- paper thin walls. The dog in next room barked whenever I made a move in my room. Parking is not good. Musky smell in room.

Room Tip: Owner very rude-no social skills
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tmsa1520
Reviewed March 17, 2011

A very nice place, with large clean rooms on nicely landscaped grounds. The room was comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was very good - freshly cooked eggs & bacon, grits, and biscuits and gravy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bern666
Reviewed March 14, 2011

The location was convenient but sat directly on a busy road. The check in staff were helpful and polite. The room was clean and surprisingly large. It had fairly fresh paint, exhibited no obvious signs of disrepair, and was in overall good condition. I usually don't notice bed quality but these beds really were tough to sleep on. The neighbor's shower emitted a jet-engine whine louder than none I had ever heard before. It drowned out the TV and once scared us from sleep when it began to howl at 5:00 A.M. We showed at breakfast at 08:55 AM the first morning and got in line to place our order with the cook (quite an annoying system). At 09:10, as we were next in line, we were told the we would not be fed since breakfast is over at 9:00. I have never been treated like that in 25 years of travel. At least throw us together a few hash browns. I bet the stray cat outside got fed. The promising landscaping job needed about an hours worth of attention to bring above abandoned-house level but the weeds were at least very green and healthy. Housekeeping came by so late in the afternoon that we refused service. As we checked out we were not asked how our stay was -- a question that I imagine the staff had quickly learned to avoid.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank RodgerJ
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast very good hot and cooked for you courtyard attractive, only stayed onenight but would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed May 14, 2010

I'd been there a few years before and returned for a weekend of fishing and "not being at work". The hotel is friendly, relaxing and in a great location. Maybe not the ideal place for teens and youngsters who need a lot to do, but great for those who want a slow paced comfortable place to call base for the weekend. The courtyard is beautiful and conversations are easy. One of the best things was the breakfast - real eggs, pancakes, hashbrowns cooked when you place the order. One negative - I booked on-line for $65 a night and the manager added $2.50 per night - when questioned he said, "that's the rate". $5 more isn't too much, but it isn't the advertised rate!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo