“Dog friendly, hooray!”

Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Fulton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Moondog Seaside Eatery is located right on the water in Fulton, Texas with great food, views, fresh seafood and a full bar. Welcome to Moondog Seaside Eatery where we serve the coldest beer in town and mouthwatering seafood. Our brisket nachos, crab cakes, fish tacos, and sweet potato fries are just a few items on our menu that are among our customer's favorites. We have a full bar with 20 beers on tap and Happy Hour specials coming soon. At Moondog Seaside Eatery, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and have an amazing atmosphere offering scenic views of the gulf. Come in for lunch or dinner today, you will be glad you did.
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The food was good and our well-meaning waiter tried to be accommodating. The service, not the food timing, was slow. The location, near a shrimp boat harbor, had a delightful atmosphere. We even spotted a dolphin.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We chose Moon Dog because it was recommended as dog friendly (on the patio). The route to the patio with a pet, however, was around the back or side of the building; and, if what was on that path made the basis of your visit, you’d turn right around. In fact, the view from the parking in front and the side were not attractive.

The patio, on the other hand, is behind a semi-open open interior area of the restaurant and it has a nice view of the Fulton harbor.

The food was good enough — basic coastal seafood that was either fairly fresh or well preserved. The fired oysters were better than you can expect in an off-month for oysters. The shrimp were also good.

Our server was a bit green but he tried.

1  Thank newsguygeorge
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

after reading many reviews i was a little worried about this place. my husband and son are very simple eaters. we really enjoyed the food! there's nothing fancy here, but everything was homemade. my husband and i ordered the fried shrimp. it wasn't your normal fried shrimp with a heavy batter. it was light and flavorful. my son ordered the peel and eat shrimp, and to my surprise he at it all. i'm not sure why people were so fussy, but we will be back.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant sits right on the water and the view and the seaside breeze is just wonderful! The location is probably the best feature of the place.

They are undergoing an expansions, so it will be a bit disorganized for a while.

The one thing on their menu that is OUTSTANDING is the brisket nachos. Basically, it is a large dish of tortilla chips with cheese, brisket meat and salsa fixings piled on a plate. I was skeptical at first because it sounded weird, but this alone is worth going there. It is really delicious! Order the nachos, and something cold to drink and sit and watch the beach. It is awesome.

Ignore the rest of the menu, especially the fish tacos. They are the worst I have had anywhere.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I just went here tonight for my bachelorette party (long story, wouldn't come back...) and from the beginning, we should have known that we wouldn't like it. I think they are undergoing an expansion and at the front door, they lead you through an unfinished room with plywood walls and down a small set of stairs into the restaurant. We decided to sit inside and the wind or the fans or something was blowing this moldy/ musty smell around our table- gross! It took a little while longer than an average restaurant to get a drink order put in after our waitress (Stephanie, I think was her name?) greeted us. We ordered pina coladas and she closely scrutinized the IDs of one of my friends and I, who were the only ones drinking. Her manner of doing so came off as rude and quite disrespectful. Whatever, we dismissed that. We order our food and when it came out, she had not brought out the appetizer we ordered. We weren't in the mood to complain about it and our food was already out, so we just ignored that as well. The food itself edged on being slightly above average for a small town beach restaurant. Throughout the meal, my friend and I were not offered a second pina colada and the table was not offered dessert either (even though I saw another waitress carrying out a dessert display. Another person with us was not offered a refill on her water and it took at least 10 minutes for her to check on our table to see how our food was. After the check was dropped off and we were waiting for our waitress to come pick up the card payment, we heard a woman at another table complaining that she was overcharged for her meal and wished to speak with a manager... And our waitress walks over and is loud and rude to the customer (who wasn't all that nice either, but talk about no professionalism). We and the other tables can hear them argue, so we decided to pay cash for the ticket just to get out of there quicker.