“we enjoyed our visit”

Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Fulton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Moondog Seaside Eatery is located right on the water in Fulton, Texas with great food, views, fresh seafood and a full bar. Welcome to Moondog Seaside Eatery where we serve the coldest beer in town and mouthwatering seafood. Our brisket nachos, crab cakes, fish tacos, and sweet potato fries are just a few items on our menu that are among our customer's favorites. We have a full bar with 20 beers on tap and Happy Hour specials coming soon. At Moondog Seaside Eatery, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and have an amazing atmosphere offering scenic views of the gulf. Come in for lunch or dinner today, you will be glad you did.
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

after reading many reviews i was a little worried about this place. my husband and son are very simple eaters. we really enjoyed the food! there's nothing fancy here, but everything was homemade. my husband and i ordered the fried shrimp. it wasn't your normal fried shrimp with a heavy batter. it was light and flavorful. my son ordered the peel and eat shrimp, and to my surprise he at it all. i'm not sure why people were so fussy, but we will be back.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant sits right on the water and the view and the seaside breeze is just wonderful! The location is probably the best feature of the place.

They are undergoing an expansions, so it will be a bit disorganized for a while.

The one thing on their menu that is OUTSTANDING is the brisket nachos. Basically, it is a large dish of tortilla chips with cheese, brisket meat and salsa fixings piled on a plate. I was skeptical at first because it sounded weird, but this alone is worth going there. It is really delicious! Order the nachos, and something cold to drink and sit and watch the beach. It is awesome.

Ignore the rest of the menu, especially the fish tacos. They are the worst I have had anywhere.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I just went here tonight for my bachelorette party (long story, wouldn't come back...) and from the beginning, we should have known that we wouldn't like it. I think they are undergoing an expansion and at the front door, they lead you through an unfinished room with plywood walls and down a small set of stairs into the restaurant. We decided to sit inside and the wind or the fans or something was blowing this moldy/ musty smell around our table- gross! It took a little while longer than an average restaurant to get a drink order put in after our waitress (Stephanie, I think was her name?) greeted us. We ordered pina coladas and she closely scrutinized the IDs of one of my friends and I, who were the only ones drinking. Her manner of doing so came off as rude and quite disrespectful. Whatever, we dismissed that. We order our food and when it came out, she had not brought out the appetizer we ordered. We weren't in the mood to complain about it and our food was already out, so we just ignored that as well. The food itself edged on being slightly above average for a small town beach restaurant. Throughout the meal, my friend and I were not offered a second pina colada and the table was not offered dessert either (even though I saw another waitress carrying out a dessert display. Another person with us was not offered a refill on her water and it took at least 10 minutes for her to check on our table to see how our food was. After the check was dropped off and we were waiting for our waitress to come pick up the card payment, we heard a woman at another table complaining that she was overcharged for her meal and wished to speak with a manager... And our waitress walks over and is loud and rude to the customer (who wasn't all that nice either, but talk about no professionalism). We and the other tables can hear them argue, so we decided to pay cash for the ticket just to get out of there quicker.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We (boys 12 & 13, hubby, and me) were in town over night and wanted to eat fresh seafood. The hotel staff recommended this place. First off, the atmosphere does have a cool look and feel and the staff was friendly. It was lunch time. We sat outside on the deck. The menu did not have a great selection of fresh seafood, and the prices were pretty steep for what you got. The food was just ok. (Burgers, shrimp nachos, grilled shrimp) The most annoying thing about our visit was that two other tables brought their large dogs in (apparently this is the norm here). The dogs barked frequently at the birds and each other. Wish we had eaten somewhere else.

1  Thank SmallFry72
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a really fun place right on the harbor in Fulton Beach. Very casual. You can eat inside or out. Outside you can be under the patio cover or out in the sun. Excellent service. Very good beer selection. Food very good -- hamburgers were huge--try the one with blue cheese. Oyster PoBoy was excellent but only had 4 medium oysters--still loved it. Prices as expected reasonable for a harbor-side place.