“Worth a stop when you're in Fulshear”

Dekker's Mesquite Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dekker's Mesquite Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 21 Restaurants in Fulshear
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Houston, Texas, United States
“Worth a stop when you're in Fulshear”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I were driving through and stopped for dinner. Service was prompt and our server was nice. Menus were a bit confusing. One menu is normal and lists items and prices. Another menu just lists the items. When asked, our server said all the prices were $28 or $33 and listed two favorites, one of which wasn't even on the mysterious menu. Anyway, I had a nice tasting blueberry cucumber martini but it was stingy on the vodka. I ordered the roasted chicken salad. It was really good although I'd recommend more quality control on the chicken pulling - it had bits of gristle and ligament. My hubby had the beef short ribs over asiago polenta - it was amazing.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Suzanne W

Sealy, Texas
“Quality does not equal the Price”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After countless "drive-bys", my wife and I finally made the decision to stop in for lunch. When you enter the restaurant, you get the feel that it wants to be an upscale steak house with an "I can't afford it, but going for it anyway" kind of charm. Then, you see the specials, all of which are in the high 20's and up (you don't see the prices again on the specials menu later, so memorize now, ha ha). Most of the menu items were 40% higher than you would expect from a small-town eatery in Fulshear, TX. Once again, FULSHEAR, TEXAS… NOT RIVER OAKS! Here is what we ordered... Margarita - 10 bucks, Crab Fingers (fried in corn meal, Yuk!) - 14 bucks, Stuffed Rainbow Trout (one of the specials, which was very tasty) - 28 bucks, Standard Fried Shrimp Meal (served with Landry's-style fries and greasy onion rings) - 16 bucks. Anyway, after tip, we spent $85.00 for a $50.00 meal... in (you guessed it) Fulshear, Texas. The waiters seemed pretty good, but would congregate in a centralized area (near our table) like a wolf pack and their conversations were easily overheard by all (not very professional). Our waiter didn't mention the daily specials, which puzzled me, but didn't hurt my feelings. The management might not appreciate that though, hehehe. Special note: My wife developed a "grumbling tummy" soon after leaving, probably due to eating so many of my greasy fries and onion rings. This was certainly not normal, as she is from a place in Asia that demands very strong stomachs, ha ha. On a final note, I think this restaurant has reached a crossroads, as it has lost its direction. Does it want to be a fancy, exclusive hideaway, or a solid, "Every man's" eatery? A choice needs to be made, as the potential is lurking in the shadows...

1 Thank GRTraveldawg
Dallas, Texas
“Horrible”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

I used to eat here and always loved the place, mostly thanks to the celebrity chef who had the place running neatly and efficiently. Food was good, drinks amazing and service good. The chef cared about the service and food. Since his partner recently removed the chef, the place went downhill and the quality of food declined, whereas prices went up. I had a 50 plate and my steak was lukewarm, Heineken warm and fires smelled like onions. I anticipate I'll never eat there again. And I love good food.

1 Thank KontessaT
Katy, TX
“A delight off the beaten path”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to Dekkers for the first time in early June. We really enjoyed this place! There is plenty of outside seating as well as inside. We ate outside and there was live music which created a nice relaxed atmosphere. We ate here again a week later on father's day we loved it so much. This time we ate inside. The inside feels a bit more formal, but not stuffy. It's a bit on the more expensive side in my opinion. We dropped $60 easy for 2 adults and a child and we bought an appetizer. It's not chili's where you can go east for $30 ;-) But the portions are sizeable and the food is fresh and delicious! It's also set away from the hustle and bustle of Katy so we enjoy getting away from all that! The outdoor dining area view is great! There is a sandbox for kids to play in as well.

Houston, TX
“First Visit”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We arrived during a thunderstorm, so all of the patrons that had been sitting on the deck for outside dining had filled the dining room. No Problem, we sat and had dinner at the bar, with a view of the kitchen and grill.
Service from the bar was good. Plus we were able to witness how much of an effort they put into cleaning everything (was a little past their dinner rush). Everything was removed from bar trays, trays wiped down, all the bottle were wiped down as well.
Food was good. We ordered the catfish and the chicken fried steak. The catfish came with a bowl of chicken gumbo that was very good.
Only thing I didn't like was the specials menu did not list prices.
We'll go back again.