“Not Impressed”

Ranked #41 of 425 Restaurants in Frisco
The Colony, Texas
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

First time going to any Cotton Patch. We were seated immediately. Our server was prompt and friendly, and she kept our drinks filled. No problems in that department.

The food, however.........not so fab. I ordered a dinner salad, and I ordered ranch dressing instead of the fruit vinaigrette that normally comes with it because I don't like sweet on a green salad. It was still very sweet and the only thing I can figure is the chicken was marinated in something sweet. The whole flavor of the salad was overbearingly sweet. Not the restaurant's fault but it just wasn't my cup of tea

My husband ordered the fried catfish and shrimp combo. It was okay, but there are places that have waaaaayyyyy better catfish, and for less money. The shrimp were not the greatest either. The french fries.....ehhhh. And the worst part...........the green beans and corn were canned. Canned??? Yuck.

After my experience, I will probably not be back. It's not that Cotton Patch is bad. However, Black Eyed Pea and Cracker Barrel offer basically the same things, but with fresh vegetables, better fish and shrimp, and for a little less money too.

• Visited September 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Large portions, super fresh food.”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I love this place!! The food is always hot and fresh. The service is quick and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited September 2013
Stevensville, Maryland
“Standard quick service sit-down food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A friend and I went to the Cotton Patch Cafe for a later dinner (around 8pm). We were seated quickly and were given menus immediately. The restaurant was crowded, however our service was very good. I ordered the salmon and my friend ordered the blackened tilapia. Our server did bring two rolls for us to try, and they were the best part of our dinner. The menu is fairly large, and mos things are breaded, fried, or covered in gravy. My entree came with a Caesar salad, which was restaurant standard, nothing exciting. When our entrees came, we were both just thinking "this is it?". My salmon, well, I'm not sure it was really salmon, as it was bland, and more white in color than pink. My friend's blackened tilapia was more of a "Cajun spice" tilapia. The steamed vegetables that accompanied both entrees were very good. Overall, I don't think i will be returning to the Cotton Patch Cafe, not because of the service, but due to the flavor of the food.

• Visited August 2013
Bossier City, LA
“Popular place but not too crowded”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very convenient to our hotel and to the mall. Excellent service, good food. We split a rib-eye steak, baked potato, and salad. Will definitely go there again when we go to Frisco.

Visited July 2013
Texas
“Not so great..”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I stopped by Cotton Patch Café for an early dinner. We were in the mood for some seafood and a friend had recommended the fish and chips. We were pleasantly greeted and shown to a booth where we were quickly served out drinks by Nathaniel, our server. My husband ordered the fish and chips and I ordered the shrimp basket. The food was delivered promptly, nice and hot. However, my husbands fish was basically flavorless. The menu also said it was a white fish. Normally, white fish is flaky and firm. This fish was mushy, more like catfish. My shrimp were fine, but not great. The best thing was the yeast rolls served before the meal. My husband sent the fish back to the kitchen and decided not to have anything else, so the entre was deducted from the check. Nathaniel was very apologetic and offered to get anything else we wanted, but we declined. The service was great, but just not the food. We may try this place again, but it certainly won't be toward the top of our list.

• Visited May 2013