“Great atmosphere, decent sashimi”
Review of Kotta Sushi Lounge

Kotta Sushi Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Kotta Sushi Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 425 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Dallas North Tollway
Mukilteo, Washington
“Great atmosphere, decent sashimi”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Given that I am a bit of a sushi snob from where I have lived (Seattle - surrounded by amazing fresh fish and sushi bars) I was pleasantly surprised by Kotta. My barometer is always the quality of the salmon, which was quite good. The restaurant atmosphere was great, the service was attentive, and the selection of sashimi was decent. You can get "crap" rolls anywhere - the true test is the raw, unadulterated fish. I would come back again - and I am a tough sell. Not Seattle, Japan, or Vegas amazing - but quite good. (little spendy)

• Visited May 2013

Frisco, Texas, United States
“Kotta Sushi ROCKS!!!”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I have been to Kotta Sushi multiple times, either on date night, with family, or a group of friends. Every visit has been amazing! The food and service are fantastic and our kids enjoy it also! Great "signature" rolls like TDF Roll, Mardi Gras Roll, Guns 'n Roses Roll, the list goes on! Try them all, it will be hard to pick a favorite. Ask to meet the owner, Ken Kim, while you're there. He's a great American, passionate about his business and customer satisfaction. We LOVE Kotta Sushi!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank John K
Frisco, Texas
“GREAT SUSHI, GREAT ATMOSPHERE/AMBIANCE”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Easily have eaten at Kotta 20+ times/year, lunch & dinner. Always delish. Very family friendly, sushi outstanding, service good. Can sometimes be tough on Fridays & weekends due to so many wanting to eat there but worth the wait. Always can do take out, preorder w/ call & eat at home to avoid crowds.15-20 min max on takeout. Tables outdoors too for nice days/nights.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Vinny_Vegaz
“Could have been much better.”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The sushi was good and fresh. Though had to give low rating for unsanitary practices. Sushi chef never washed hands or wore gloves. He would constantly drink his drink in between making food. Server never came back after putting in my order, until I had the chef track her down to give me my ticket. Need to fix staffing and sanitary issues.

Dallas, Texas
“The Most Excellent Sushi!!!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My daughter and I had a late afternoon lunch here. I ordered the chicken terriyaki bento box. It came with salad, miso soup, shrimp and vegetable tempura, california rolls and chicken terriyaki with white rice. Everything was excellent especially the tempura. My daughter ordered kotta roll, smelt roe sushi and blue fin. It was all wonderful. The ice tea was good as was my daughter's hot green tea. Our server, Evan was also excellent. We shall return.

• Visited June 2012