“good for business travel, nice staff, odd shower”

Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Charlotte, North Carolina
“good for business travel, nice staff, odd shower”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel is good, but not great. I would give it 3.5 stars if I could. I stayed 4 nights for business travel.

Likes - comfortable bed, very accommodating and friendly staff, restaurants within walking distance, nice complimentary breakfast, clean rooms!

Dislikes - shower with 1/2 a glass 'wall'/no curtain or option to close it. Water gets on the floor and you feel an unwanted breeze while showering, rooms either too cold or too hot always, thermostat light super bright (I know it sounds odd but the light was so bright it disturbed my sleep and I had to hang something over the thermostat to block out the light).

Overall my complaints were minimal. I would stay here again for business but this would probably not be my first choice otherwise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank TinQC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This might be the perfect hotel when traveling on business to Frisco. The staff is always so kind and willing to help. The hotel is new and modern. The location now has 5-6 restaurants that you can walk to. The hotel itself is small with lots of close parking. And you can use all the facilities at the Westin Resort across the street. I will continue to stay here...love the small hotel feel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gusrageous
Tomball, Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Arrived around 9 p.m. Was greeted at my car by the bell hop. The receptionist was extremely cheerful and kind. While I was checking in, the bell hop (is that term still used?) brought me a cold bottle of water. My room was on the 3rd floor. It was large and clean. Coffee pot with 3 types of Starbucks coffee was on the desk. Internet connection was free. Nice shampoo/conditioner and shower gel with loofa were in the bathroom. Soft robe hanging in the closet.

My negative comments: The bed was too hard for me. But the linens were nice. The door to the bathroom was a pocket door and was awkward to close. The road noise from Hwy 121 was really, really loud.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank blessings
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel was good, can't say that the stay was great. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The room was nice, but loud and very bright. Outside noise was a factor, along with the brightest lights on the rooms temperature control left us up 1/2 the night. If we stay here again, I will definately ask for a different room location.

Room Tip: Stay above the 2nd floor and opposite the street and traffic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SoonerMom3
San Jose
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I spent 6 straight months working out of this Hotel and found all amenities above average or higher. The real difference was some of their excellent staff.

From the first day I arrived until the last day I left, a core group of their staff treated me like the most important guest in their establishment. Over 6 months, bumps in the road will always occur, it was the supreme professionalism and tireless efforts, and in general great friendliness of this staff that made my stay exceptional. Hospitality is a foreign language to me. Living there for 6 months these people became my colleagues and friends because they treated their duties as more than a job!

If you are planning a stay there, Kenneth C., Natalie S., Johnathan H., Nick P. and Candice B. are the people who go the extra mile and then some. I want to thank them myself and hope Sheraton takes this opportunity to honor them as well as they deserve the highest recognition, words cannot do their efforts justice.

I would stay another 6 months in a heartbeat.

Sincerely
Bryan H.

Room Tip: As it is almost entirely business travelers during the week, avoiding the usual noise that typically...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Bryan H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I was here for a corporate event. The hotel itself was pretty good. Rooms were big, reception staff & front desk staff were great. As this was a corporate event, we spent most of the after hours in the bar. We found the bar staff to be less friendly, impatient & clearly didn't seem to want us there. I would have thought the amount of money we spent on alcohol would incent them to be nicer but could only feel that we were inconveniencing them by drinking there.
Given that it's not a hotel that looks like it gets alot of through-traffic that they would want to leave a good impression for repeat business. Maybe it is the nicest hotel in the neighbourhood, but I'ld definately recommend having your event somewhere else where the bar would appreciate having some after hours business.

Room Tip: good place to sleep, just go elsewhere for a drink
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jetset_KT
hospitalityiskey, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear Jetset_KT,

Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Stonebriar and also for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While I am pleased to hear that our reception and front desk staff were great and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, I am very sorry to hear that you did not experience the same genuine, warm and welcoming attention at the bar that we are well known for. I also want to assure you that we have addressed this opportunity with our Team and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Should your travels bring you back to Frisco, please feel free to reach out to me personally at 972-668-9760.

Thank you again for your patronage I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you again soon.

Jean de Vogue
Orange County, CA
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This hotel has it all. Comfy beds, amazing customer service, yummy breakfast, free wi-fi, water, newspaper, I could go on. Within walking distance to good restaurants and nice lounge area. Not a bad thing to say- except for one minor detail- would be nice to have automatic doors when entering the building. I carry suitcases when I travel and it's a struggle to enter the building without assistance. That aside- would stay here again without hesitation. SPG has done it again!

• Stayed February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#12 of 17 in Frisco
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel? Share your experiences!