“The Standard of Comfort”

Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My family loves this hotel. We visit each year for an annual sporting event. Everything down to the linens are so comfortable and relaxing. It feels like home. If you are in the Dallas/Frisco area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We are delighted that you and your family continue to enjoy our hotel, and so appreciate you choosing us whenever you're in the Frisco area! I'm especially pleased that our hotel "feels like home," as that's exactly the kind of atmosphere my team and I work hard to create.

Thank you very much for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Highlights:
The ability to check in online prior to my arrival was awesome -- I loved being able to pick out the room ahead of time and I chose a room on the top floor. I think being able to do that allowed for my room to be ready for an early check-in.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There was a billing issue when I checked in but Gayle got it corrected quickly. The staff responded promptly to any issues we had -- they fixed the A/C when it wasn't flowing into the living area. One staff member was also nice enough to fill our styrofoam cooler as we were headed out on a long road trip.

The free evening meal was good -- they offered free beer and wine (including moscato, which you hardly ever see). The one night we had dinner, they served pasta with 2 different sauces, a salad bar, veggies, and crackers and cheese. They also had very tasty chocolate chip cookies (which were snapped up quickly by a couple of unsupervised kids roaming the dining area). The free breakfast was your typical fare -- eggs, bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, bagels, a variety of breakfast breads, and make-your-own waffles. Another morning they also had sausage gravy and biscuits.

The hotel is in a great location in Frisco -- lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. They do offer a complimentary shuttle around town, but if you reserve a time, make sure it's clear to both parties. I reserved the shuttle to take me to a nearby restaurant at a specific time since I was meeting friends there, but the front desk person gave me the wrong reservation time and the shuttle van left without me.

Challenges:
The A/C was noisy -- the main unit was in the bedroom so if you're a light sleeper, you'll probably hear it going on and off throughout the night.

The walls were a little thin -- we could hear our next door neighbors having a conversation.

The free wifi was a little spotty, especially in the evenings. Our iPads would not consistently connect to the network, so my husband had to go down to the lobby a few times when he needed to get on the Internet.

The HomewoodSuites.com website did not have accurate photos of the standard 1BR suite on the site. Just an FYI, the picture of the living room area is not what the actual space looks like -- I'd say it's half that size. As a family of four, space was very tight in the 1BR suite. They only have 3 two-bedroom suites so I think it's almost impossible to get one of those.

Room Tip: If you are staying as a family in one room, spend the extra money for the 1BR "master" sui...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Many thanks for the thorough review, and my team and I so appreciate you choosing our hotel! I'm glad to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay, and that both my team and our accommodations met your needs - and I agree with you about the chocolate chip cookies we serve at dinner! They're good and they go fast!

I do apologize for the miscommunication with the shuttle schedule, and have reminded the front desk team to ensure they always double check with the guest regarding pick-up and departure times. Also, I will address the photo discrepancy on our website ASAP, and apologize for the confusion.

Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

2012 Award-Winning Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco

Reviewed July 30, 2013

As I ate a great breakfast I was thinking is there anything that I can complain about when I write a review? The answer is no. Other reviews say it all. I would mention that the location right next to one of the biggest malls I have ever seen is definitely a plus. Lots of good restaurants. The staff will give you easy directions to a "gaucho" restaurant nearby that is worth to money (but pricy).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Wow - thanks for the great review! Thank you so much for the kind words, and for choosing our hotel. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you were able to take in some of the (very) nearby shopping and dining. And yes, we're fortunate to be located very close to Estilo Gaucho, a Brazilian steakhouse that is top-notch. We had an employee appreciation event there, and we all went home stuffed!

Thanks again for the great comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Homewood Suites and would certainly stay there again. The Management and Front Desk staff was excellent and very friendly always. The hotel team always made sure that all are needs and requirement are taken care of. Overall, a must recommended stay for everyone. Only thing is they need to include vegetarian options in their evening reception.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

What a wonderful review, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm especially glad - and proud - to hear that my team's guest service was excellent, as we all work hard to ensure every guest has a pleasant experience at our hotel. I've noted your comments about offering additional vegetarian options and will look into this with my food and beverage team.

Many thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the friendly, efficient staff to the excellent breakfast and comfortable room, I always have a great experience at the Homewood Suites. The pool area is beautiful and the fitness center is above average. I also greatly appreciate the free shuttle, which was prompt and dependable for helping me get to and from the office and area restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you for the great review, and thank you for continuing to choose Homewood Suites as your home away from home! Glad to hear our accommodations and services met your needs, including the shuttle service - a definite plus since so many wonderful shops and dining are nearby.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have to spend a week every summer in Frisco for work. I found this hotel a few years ago and absolutely love it. I realize it is a little pricier than some of the other hotels in the area it is definitely worth the extra money. If I am going to spend a week in a hotel I want to be comfortable and feel safe. I always do when I stay here.

I have already booked my room for next summer!

Room Tip: Reserve your room early.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for the great review, and welcome back to Frisco! We love hearing from repeat guests, and sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel whenever you're in the area. Glad that our accommodations and services continue to meet your needs, and feel free to let us know if there is anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again next summer!

General manager, Homewood Suites Dallas/Frisco

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had to go to Frisco for work. I travel a lot for work, so I've seen a few different hotels. Ended up being the best place I've stayed at in a couple of years. I can see why they have those awards showing in the front lobby. My business permitting, I will come back and stay at this facility.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Wow! We're thrilled that you found our hotel to be one of the best you've visited in recent years! That's exactly the kind of feedback my team and I work so hard to attain, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And yes - we are an award-winning hotel, and guest feedback has been instrumental in ensuring we're providing an award-winning experience.

Thanks very much for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.