“Great dinner”
Review of Barnlight Eatery

Barnlight Eatery
Ranked #27 of 526 Restaurants in Frisco
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had an early dinner at Barnlight Eatery. It’s one of our favorite places. We had the crab cakes for an appetizer - they were filled with crab meat. For dinner I had the blackened salmon. It was covered with a tasty chimichuri and served with a smooth mushroom risotto. My wife had the fried chicken breast; it was crispy and delicious, served with mashed potatoes. Both entrees came out hot and obviously freshly made. The service was attentive and courteous.

Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

2nd time we’ve been. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes so good I wanted it again. The portions are large enough to split and add an additional side. You owe it ti yourself to try this place.

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

I have been here several times & have tried something different each time - have never been disappointed!
The black-eyed pea hummus is delicious. Loved the pork n slaw sandwich & the pork chop meal. The fried catfish was great. All entrees have fresh & different sauces. Most everything on the menu sounds familiar but has an amazing special culinary experience added to it - special sauce; a side with unique ingredients, etc. All but one of the waitstaff have been quite knowledgable & enthusiastic about their work. Drinks are good and reasonably priced.
Only had room for dessert twice. Loved the cookies & milk & creme brûlée.

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

My pork chop was so tender and juicy it came with jalapeño cheese potatoes and sautéed spinach. I listen to my waitress she recommended it and it was fantastic. And bonus there sweet was good as well. Will definitely return on future visits to frisco.

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Met a friend for lunch and chose it because it is close to the house. I was not too impressed with the menu but it was close, had never been, so what the hey. I chose the chili and while it had the potential to be good, it was lukewarm and bland. The texture of the meat made it feel a bit grainy. I was also disappointed that the only desserts available were the cookies, key lime pie, and creme brulee. With a pastry chef owner, I expected more.

I had read many reviews about the bad service but our server was nice and very attentive.