“Great patio and food! Hostesses need better training.”

Gloria's Latin Cuisine
Ranked #7 of 425 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Mexican, Salvadoran
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gloria's growth has been a constant ever since then. Now boasting 15 Texas locations, the restaurant still serves the same delicious Latin cuisine that has been satifying hungry Texans for over 25 years.
Dallas, Texas
“Great patio and food! Hostesses need better training.”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

I go to Gloria's a lot, so I consider myself a patron. I love their margaritas, the bar tenders are friendly, the food is unique, and the patio is the best place to sit when the weather is nice. This is not just a tex-mex restaurant either. They offer El Salvadoran cuisine as well. I enjoy the pupusas and plantains- delicious! My family always devours the black bean dip they bring out with the salsa. I have enjoyed items from the tex-mex side of the menu and the El Salvadoran. I recommend the Gloria's Super Special, Gloria's enchiladas, and the chicken soup. The Gloria's top shelf is awesome, and if you prefer your ritas frozen, the mango margarita is good, too, but rich. My friend ordered a spicy margarita, which I tried, and was surprised to find that I really liked it. All in all, Gloria's is a great restaurant for family, friends, or dates. I do have one bone to pick with them: their hostesses are not the most capable or the most friendly. On one occasion I had to ask the hostess why she had not seated us when she had already seated several parties who arrived after us. The manager was there and when we surveyed the wait list, she had clearly marked off the names of parties who arrived after ours. The manager apologized, offered us a table right away and complimentary queso. I didn't need anything free, I only wanted fair service, and for the hostess to not have a horrible attitude. We did not return for a while after that. On one other recent occasion we again had an issue with a hostess not properly seating us. The second hostess gave our table away, and we waited for another one. I am not sure what is going on with the hostesses, but I do believe they need more training in how to coordinate seating and in dealing with the public. A little friendliness and a smile go a long way. It is only a detriment to the business to look at customers as if they are a nuisance. Having said all that, I really like the wait staff and find them to be really competent and fun. If only the hostesses could keep up.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank NorthTXRealtor

Broken Arrow, Ok
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Love their quesadillas & black bean dip. They have the best mojitos. The spicy mango margarita is fantastic.

Visited August 2014
Talladega, Alabama
“Great Take-Out Dinner”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Didn't have the time to eat in so looked ate the menu and phoned in an order for take out. Decide on Gloria's Super Special that had a tamale, plantains, yucca, pupusa, black rice, and beans. As others have said, the tamale is really good. They gave me a huge bag of chips and cups of their bean dip and salsa to go. I' m not a big bean eater but the dip and beans on the plate were very good. I picked up food on a Friday night around 5:45and they already had people waiting. Outdoor eating area is available too. Noisy inside if you are looking for a quiet place.

Visited August 2014
Frisco, Texas
“Seafood salads are delicious”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Surprised to know it is not your "texmex" restaurant. I is a great place to have a different dining experience. We always have either the cerviche salad or salmon salad, wonderful fresh seafood. The wait staff and bartenders are so friendly and helpful. They make us feel like "welcome guests." It's a fun place to have lunch or dinner.

• Visited June 2014
Creswell, Oregon
“Salvadorean food”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoy the atmosphere of this restaurant. My first visit was in Addison. I enjoyed the Sunday brunch they offered in Frisco. Always good food. Love the Papusas, wish they came with Laroco.

• Visited February 2014