Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
USA
“Very Nice”
Reviewed July 3, 2009

I stayed here for three nights with a group of 14 year olds for a regional soccer tournament. Typical Embassy Suites set-up - large internal atrium with windows in the sitting area facing into the atrium, and the bedroom windows facing outside. It seemed very new and everything was in great shape. My room was on one of the ends of the hotel, and so both the windows to the sitting area and the bedroom faced outside, which I think is preferable to the other set-up. Full, hot breakfast (free) was served every morning, and drinks (free) were served every evening. I think you get what you pay for there, but it included a soft drink fountain too. No complaints at all about this hotel. Many teams participating in the soccer tournament were assigned to this hotel, and so it was crawling with teenagers, some well behaved, and some not. The hotel staff did a great job of monitoring activities and being lenient where appropriate, and putting an end to activites that they found disruptive to other guests. They allowed us to use meeting rooms for team meals brought off the property and for team meetings. It was uncertain how long any given team needed to stay since eliminations occurred each day, and the hotel was very flexible about cancellations. I thought the hotel was extremely accommodating to the teams, given that it was probably both a blessing and a pain in the behind to have so many teenages loose in the hotel.

Stayed June 2009
1 Thank Hesitant-Traveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2009

This would be a good place to stay for a long time. It has a little mini kitchen with fridge and microwave, and a balcony w/table and chairs. Livingroom with tv, desk/table, couch (folds out to a double bed) chair, etc. Bedroom is good - TV, excellent bed and linens. Toiletries could be better, and I wouldn't mind paying for items in a stocked minibar if they were provided.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I stayed there for a conference at the adjoining Frisco Conference Center. If you are there for something similar, or for something at the nearby sport/concert venues, it is a great location. Otherwise, it seems kind of out there- several miles morth of the Galleria area, but not really in Plano either. However, there were *plenty* of nearby dining and shopping options, including Stonebriar Mall, which was wonderful.

The hotel itself is beautiful and looks very new - gorgeous lobby and atrium, nice decor. Rooms are nicely appointed, and have a separate kitchenette and living area. There is also a full, hot breakfast buffet included, with omelets cooked to order, and it was quite good. The breakfast staff was friendly, courteous, and attentive.

However, there were some issues. The day before we arrived, the electricity apparently went out, and due to the cardkey system, people were unable to get into their rooms. During my stay, on one morning there was no hot water in the entire hotel - cold showers are not fun! Apparently, it had to do with nearby construction crews clipping lines or something, but it took several hours for hot water to be restored. One member of our party was credited for that the night, but the other 4 were not. :-(

The doors also slam - loudly. As with many hotels, walls are very thin, and I could hear people next door talking, could hear anything and everything in the hall, and the door slamming actually shook my walls. This may not be an issue with a business conference, but if you're there with a bunch of rowdy sports fans, good luck.

Overall, nice hotel, but I would not risk going back until the "nearby construction" is finished to avoid the related hassles.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
greenwich
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We stayed for 2 nights on the weekend Jimmy Bufffett was in town for his concert. The hotel is great. The staff were very friendly even with the hotel being almost sold out. It is a large hotel so there were hundreds of guests. The reception in the evening is very nice with many choices of drinks not just beer or wine. The breaksfast in the morning was excellent with made to order omelets and lots of food choices. The room itself was comfortable, clean and most importantly quiet. I stayed at a Doubletree recently and never had a good nights sleep. I have had larger suites but it was fine. We used the outdoor parking which is free. The mall across the street is very large and we did walk to it but wished we had taken the rental car as we walked back more than a mile. There are great restaurants and stores within minutes. Our favorite was the Texas Land and Cattle about a 2 minute drive. Excellent food and service. And the business center was great with free access to the internet for printing boarding passes, checking emails etc. We did not use the pool or exercise room but saw others that did. There are several other hotels right down the road which also looked newly built. Even with a AAA rate we paid more than we ever have visiting Texas and I imagine it was the concert which made the rate go over $160 a night. If we had a reason to visit Frisco I would check other hotels for better rates.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wutsnext
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 11, 2009

This is a convention facility and the Stars Arena is also next door. If both events are going on then you are in for a challenged stay at best. We stayed the weekend of 4-12. It was jammed to the hilt. We did not get to take advantage of the pool, spa, or exercise rooms. We highly suggest the hotel establish an "adult only" period between 11PM to 1AM in the pool and exercise rooms. We actually chose this hotel because it was furthest away from the Ft. Worth race track on race weekend. We would consider returning but we will call first to make sure there are no hockey tournaments going on. I was also disappointed with breakfast as compared to Marriott. I think its a John Q. Hammons issue as none of his locations feature biscuits and gravy. We stayed the night before in his Dallas turnpike location and it didn't have biscuits and gravy either. But whenever we stay at the competing Marriott, they offer a breakfast buffet with our favorite breakfast items. Also because the place was so crammed, they rushed the eggs and they were very runny.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My family of four took a trip to this Embassy Suites for a one night get away. Many factors influenced our decision to stay here. This property has an indoor pool; my 11 and 8 year old loved it. Breakfast is included and made to order; my wife loved it. Social drinks in the evening and walking distance to the mall. The employees were awesome. Special props to Megan upon check in. She was very kind and accommodating to our request. If you wanted to attend a baseball game, this hotel can see in the ball park from the higher floors. It is truly adjacent to everything one would need to be entertained for a weekend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank fquinter
Sydney
Reviewed October 17, 2008

Beware Dishonest Behaviour - if you have to stay in Frisco stay somewhere else.

This is a nice property, even bordering on excellent. But you need more than that if you are camped in a place for a week or more. In the first instance the experience at the front desk was indifferent at best. No one has any authority to do anything if you want to amend your existing arrangements. (Two of our party gave up trying). Or they just do not care. An employee behaving like that in a hotel in Dubai or Hong Kong or even London would be out of a job. (Maybe I am being unfair comparing it to international hotels but it does tell you their performance was substandard).

I fail to understand that sort of attitude when there are so many other hotels in the vicinity competing for their business.

I could and did put up with the indifference/numbness at the front desk - after all I was not staying with any of them - but the "coup de grace" was to discover they had placed another $1000 on my credit card AFTER I had departed but without my authorisation and without my knowledge. They pleaded all sorts of ridiculous stories about needing to account for any additional costs. What, a $1000 worth of bottled water - the only thing billable in my room?!! Two days after I left? Get real. I bet they won't pay the overdraw fees on my card!! And in the end they failed to acknowledge that anything wrong had been done.

I will stop there or this will turn into a rant. One final point - it is also obvious they or their third party internet provider access your emails. The unsolicited marketing materials that drop out while you are there attest to that. Perhaps I needed to read the online contract more closely.

Either way, nice carpet. Nice rooms. Nice Mexicans who make up your rooms. Disastrous lower and middle management. Within a stones throw of this pub there are half a dozen other choices. Check them out first.

I will not stay here ever again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PickledEel
friscotexas41, Management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, February 12, 2009
While we certainly understand and empathize with all of the guests who may encounter a problem with our establishment, we are not always able to control bank card authorization protocols. We attempted to remedy this particular situation over the course of a week. Guests do not always understand the authorization protocols set forth by their banking institutions. We were in no way dishonest or deceiptful, nor do we treat guests indifferently.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Frisco
Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#12 of 17 in Frisco
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Address: 7600 John Q Hammons Dr, Frisco, TX 75034-1916
Location: United States > Texas > Frisco
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Frisco
#3 Romantic Hotel in Frisco
#5 Family Hotel in Frisco
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa 3.5*
The beautiful Embassy Suites Frisco Convention Center and Spa is located in the heart of Frisco. Frisco is the most booming place in the USA! So much is happening here! We are a four diamond, four star Embassy Suites! We boast over three hundred and thirty wonderfully appointed suites. We have that special four diamond, four star service that will exceed all of your expectations. The Embassy Frisco features a full service SPA BOTANICA which has everything from pedicures to body massages. The perfect place to relax from a meeting or sneak away for a romantic weekend.Talk about meeting space; we got you covered! The Embassy Frisco has a full convention center with over 90,000 square feet of flexible space that can accommodate up to two thousand! Whether you are coming in for that special meeting or family reunion- we do it all! Don't forget weddings! We have a special coordinator to assist your every need.The Embassy Frisco is close to everything to do! We are steps away from Dr Pepper Arena. We have views that overlook the Roughriders stadium. Close to many restaurants and shopping shopping shopping! Right across the street from Stonebrier mall and all they have to offer! So come on over to Frisco Embassy Convention Center and Spa- we will exceed all your expectations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco Hotel Frisco