“Beautiful, comfy, with impecipble service”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Good Service, beautiful hotel and room, clean, comfortable. Good margaritas. Great free breakfast. Here come the complaints, (sorry) Pool too cold, hot tub lukewarm. Ice machine on second floor part of a poor design in my own opinion. Too close to public restroom entrances, in the same alcove.
Back to the up side: IKEA and other great shopping very close. Close to Dr Pepper Ball park (could watch a game from our room). Also, even though the hotel is basically geared toward families, it was quiet. Room looked modern and classy.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,211)

Reviewed January 9, 2011

Checked in on a Saturday and checked out on the next Saturday.

First thing: This hotel is very busy during weekends. Lots of groups with kids and teenagers staying here. A convention center is the same complex as the hotel and there are nearby soccer fields, a baseball stadium and a hockey stadium (actually the headquarters of the Dallas Stars NHL team). The breakfast buffee gets very crowded during Sat and Sun. Be prepared to wait for your cooked-to-order omelette.

The hotel is rather new, at least compared to most other Embassy Suites, and rooms are clean and generally nice. There is free parking outdoors and a large parking garage with a daily fee.

Check-in is always efficient. You never have to wait long to get your key.

The Stonebriar Center Shopping Mall is across the street and there are lots of restaurants close to the hotel, several even within walking distance.

I always stay at the Embassy Suites in Frisco when on business in the area. I appreciate the cleanliness, the large rooms, the free breakfast and the free drinks every evening.

Location is very accessible from major roads.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I travel occassionaly to this hotel and convention center located in Frisco with very quick and easy access from SH 121. It has good sized suites ideal for longer stays both for business and leisure

The hotel has very good hot breakfast options and evening hour manager's reception with cocktails and other alcoholic beverages. It has a good lounge, coffee shoop and also a starbucks located on premises. There is ample parkiing available and the hotel also offers Wi-fi in all its rooms. It has all day shuttle facilities for short trips within a close distance of the hotel

Overall it is a very comfortable alternative to furnished apartments for longer business and leisure trips

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I booked a wheelchair accessible room for my daughter and myself over Thanksgiving. Although on first appearance the room seemed OK in that my daughter who uses a wheelchair could get into the bathroom and bedroom areas easily. However, after the first night, we realized how mistaken we were on first appearance. The roll in shower, after one use, flooded the entire bathroom floor, as the shower was neither sloped for better drainage nor had a barrier dam to prevent the water from spreading. Everything that had been on the bathroom floor was soaked. In addition, the beds were fairly high off the ground so I had to assist her into the bed as she couldn't do it on her own because of the height. This problem, however, we could live with. When I reported the shower problem to the front desk, they sent the plumber up to the room since they thought it was simply a clogged drain. He checked it out and confirmed that the shower was poorly designed and that there was no plugged drain. He reported his findings back to the front desk and they suggested that I form a towel barricade on the floor to prevent the water from spreading. They said no one had complained before about this situation, so they were willing to provide me with an extra supply of towels each day for that purpose. I asked for the manager who then suggested that we transfer to a non wheelchair accessible room. I said I would consider that, even knowing that my daughter would probably have to crawl into the bathroom, but only if they could provide me with a common tub seat that fits across a tub so she could at least use the tub for bathing. The manager said that they only had a tub chair that was about 36 to 48 inches in length and that it would only fit across the tub in a lengthwise or diagonal direction. I said that that would be useless because it would prevent her from safely moving to the bottom of the tub for sitting. Because we were at the Embassy Suites for a family reunion with more than 6 other rooms already booked by our relatives, I saw no other alternative but to stay in the wheelchair accessible room with the daily flooding floor. Each morning I would put the towel barrier down around the shower and then call the front desk for clean up. Sometimes they arrived promptly, some days not until after 6 p.m.

The day I went to check out, I expressed my unhappiness with my visit and asked to speak to the manager. I told him that although I generally find this chain to be top notch, I would not return to this one because of our recent experience. I asked him what would he have done if he were in my shoes. He replied that I should have moved to another hotel. As mentioned previously, with a family reunion at this hotel, that would have been ridiculous, particularly since we were all sharing cars. I told him, in that case, I will warn other disabled travelers that they should look elsewhere for accommodations as the Embassy Suites in Frisco apparently could care less for their business.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I stayed at Embassy Suites Dallas for 4 nights in October 2010, I was travelling there on a business trip but my family would have loved this place. Excellent location with easy access to highways, still not noisy. Great fitness center, pool and bubble pool. The hotel is als close to Stonebriar shopping center, you could actually walk there. Free paking in the roofed parking garage next to hotel. The rooms are large, double sized to a normal room. The breakfast was very good, all you need and fresh.

On the negative side. Wifi connection in room is very slow.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Stefan067
Reviewed October 24, 2010

decent rooms..good food in the restaurant...decent breakfast and manager's reception every evening..but the attitude of the front desk staff and the valet staff takes away from it all and leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth at the end of the stay..no concern or respect for the guest

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2010

We had a corner room suite and loved. We were concerned about the bed bug situation, but the had information available in the rooms, plus we checked the bed ourselves and thre was nothing. The room had a mini-fridge, small microwave and a sink area. The manager's social was awesome!! Free beer and mixed for 2 hours!! The buffet breakfast left a lot to be desired, but I hear the cook to order breakfast was good. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010