“A super experience”

iFLY
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Frisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Ever dream of flying? Now you can at iFLY Indoor Skydiving in Dallas. Experience the thrill of skydiving without having to jump from a perfectly good airplane - no falling, no parachutes, just you floating on a smooth cushion of air with our professional instructor right next to you. No special skills are needed, just a sense of adventure. iFLY is safe for kids 3 and up, fun for the entire family, and perfect for birthday parties or groups. iFLY is the experience of a lifetime.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Dallas, Texas
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A super experience”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Overall, I highly recommend this unique experience. It's pricey, & fly time goes by super fast, but WOW it's an experience you're not soon to forget. It's quite a thrill and really gets the adrenaline flowing. This was my birthday gift, and I can't think of a better gift to have gotten- though I never would have asked for it (big chicken that I am!)

Nolan was our instructor and he was GREAT- very knowledgeable and made us feel prepared & comfortable. He also had a great sense of humor and kept it fun. I was a bit nervous (serious vertigo sufferer), but there was nothing to fear at all as Nolan had reassured.

To address a couple of complaints others have had and give my perspective-
-Yep, it's expensive. But,really, where else are you going to get this experience? It's unique as is the facility and you're paying for it. So, get a coupon or save up for a special experience. Their service is probably a work in progress, since they're new. But, I found them to be pleasant, helpful and friendly. And I'm tough on customer service.
- Yes, the instructor may need to hold on to you the entire time. If you're following instructions and doing it right, they'll be able to let go. They can't have you banging into walls, now can they? The tiniest little movement can send you careening off in unexpected directions. If they're hanging on, it's for a reason.
-Flying high is worth the extra cost. We didn't know about it in advance either. So what- it's a cool extra perk if you want to pay for it. Maybe if you happen to be there on an off/dead day or get lucky you 'd get a perk of a free high flight, I dunno. But, I heard them advising everyone the same with the add on cost.
- As some mentioned, there is no feeling of falling or vertigo or motion sickness with this experience. I'm deathly afraid of heights- seriously, I can't look over a 2nd fl balcony without feeling sick. So, don't worry about vertigo. I can't see how motion sickness would be a factor either since you're not 'really' moving at all. You're hovering. It's kind of like being in a hammock (with a lot more muscle use!)

Visited February 2014

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Business meeting”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We decided to invite vendors/partners and have a business meeting at IFLY. It was a memorable and well run event that all enjoyed.

Lewis Dauria
EarthLink Business

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“My son loved it.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I took my 13 year old son to IFly Dallas. He had a fabulous time and had an exceptional instructor. We will definitely be back.

Visited February 2014
Shelly J, Manager at iFLY, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
We are glad to hear that your son had such a great time! Thank you for the excellent review and we can't wait for you and your son to come back and fly with us!
Little Elm, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“IFly Review....”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Way too expensive. $129 for 4 1-minute "flights". Then when you arrive they try to sell you, for an additional $9.50, you can have the instructor grab onto you and take you up higher. They stamp you to let the instructor know that you added this up charge. Come to find out the instructor takes you up whether you paid this additional fee or not. I really felt ripped off. The term being "Nickel and Dimed" came to mind. They took something fun and priced it too high to enjoy.

6 Thank Ramsfan201154
Shelly J, General Manager at iFLY, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
We take all feedback very seriously and work very hard to incorporate user feedback like this into our review and improvement processes. We have reached out to this customer to ensure that these issues are addressed. We strive to ensure that each of our customers are satisfied to the best of our abilities and walk away from iFLY with a smile.
Fort Worth, Texas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Just try it.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This was a blast. My brother took me. We experienced it together. I love to fly in the air. I will definitely go back. It's expensive so make sure you find all the details before so you don't miss out on anything. I got a t-shirt and can't wait to take my friends. This is a fantastic idea. I just wish we had more fly time or the option to do tricks. We do pay for what we get. If we want to fly and flip we should be able to. You sign a waiver so let us fly. I was disappointed because I could have accomplished way more in the tunnel with my instructor but was not allowed. If I sign my life away, let me jump high please. That's the point. We signed away our safety rights and we pay. I just expected more.

1 Thank Sadie D