“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Frisco
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend while we were in town for a wedding. Our room was very spacious, very clean, and very comfortable. The staff was also courteous and helpful. They even personally brought me a bottle of water and a towel while I was working out in the gym. Our stay was quite pleasant, and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we so appreciate you choosing our hotel. Glad that our accommodations and amenities met your needs, and I'm especially glad that my team was helpful and welcoming during your stay - even during your workout!

It was our pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting for a wedding. Its new, clean and modern. The staff were very nice and helpful, helping us find places to eat, and booking us taxis. The pool area is a bit small but I think this hotel is mostly used for business trips, didn't really see anyone else using it. The location is good, plenty of restaurants and the mall close by

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review, and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. With the weather cooling down, our pool is not getting as much use as it did during the summer; but it's a popular spot when the Texas heat is on! I'm especially glad my team was warm and welcoming, and helped with transportation and dining recommendations.

Thanks again for the great comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

My first stay at a Home-2 Suites was extremely positive. I would highly recommend. The design of the facility is great for the business traveler. The rooms all have a great work area complete with wireless.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed our service and accommodations, including the complimentary WiFi and the Working Wall desk space in your suite.

It was our pleasure serving you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Stevensville, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here with some of my colleagues after our original hotel was overbooked. I came in on a late flight and arrived about midnight. The front sliding doors are of course locked for security purposes after a certain time, so I picked up the house phone & called the front desk. The front desk representative saw me, rolled her eyes, and opened the sliding door without picking up the phone. My greeting at the desk wasn't much warmer, as I was handed my room key and waved in the general direction of the elevators. My room was a spacious 2 queen bed room with a little sitting area with a couch, and a full size fridge and dishwasher. There are hotplates available if you ask at the front desk. The bathroom had a tub/shower combo that is the standard size for hotels. Home2 has a cleaning schedule that most hotel travelers are not accustomed to: light cleaning every day with a deep clean every 5 days. You get fresh towels daily, but don't expect a full room turnover every day unless you ask. For the most part, this wasn't an issue for me, except the first night when I checked in late and there were crumbs on the floor & a hair in the soapdish. The next day, those issues were taken care of & I did not have an issue after that with housekeeping. The room is very spacious, with lots of storage capacity, however, there are no cabinet doors on certain shelves, giving the room a dorm room apperance. I'm still trying to figure out the curtain/partition between the beds & couch area, since it only went partway across the room. Also, there is not a table to eat at while you're in your room, so you're either eating on the couch, using the coffee table, or sitting at the desk. I did use the fitness center facilities and I was impressed with those: ellipticals, treadmills, freeweights, and a weightlifting system. Very nice. I would have liked to have seen a spa/hot tub area, but there is only a pool available here. The pool area is nice and open, but the molded plastic chairs are a little uncomfortable at times. The breakfast selection is ok, consisting mostly of cereals, oatmeal/grits, fruit (melon, cantelope & pineapple), breads, yogurt, and heat & eat breakfast sandwiches & pizzas. It's more continental-type fare, however I have been told they are going to be having a larger selection in the future. Seating is limited in the morning during peak times, so you may want to take breakfast back to your room. Overall, service was great. Joel was wonderful taking us on the shuttle in the morning & Jay was more than accomodating to our requests for menus for different restaurants that delivered in the area. The one opportunity I can see is the shuttle service. Home2 needs a second shuttle to accomdate all the shuttle requests they receive. Jay was nice enough to take us in his personal vehicle to CVS to pick up a prescription & also stop to pick up our food order after we had made a reservation for the shuttle & the shuttle was still not back 15 minutes after our reservation time. Jay really went above and beyond and he understands hospitality. I would stay here again, as the location is within walking distance of the mall, however I would make sure I have my own transportation & will know what to bring for breakfast next time.

1 Thank Karissa S
Thank you very much for the thorough review of your stay; while it appears that overall, you enjoyed your time with us, I do apologize for the service inconsistencies you experienced during your arrival and check-in. We want every guest to feel warm and welcomed throughout their stay with us, and we unfortunately missed the mark during your arrival. I have addressed this with my front desk team to ensure we are always going above and beyond for our guests, regardless of the time of day, or night.

I also apologize your suite was not properly cleaned and prepared prior to your arrival; the Home2 Suites brand is unique in that it offers a daily 'refresh' vs. a full cleaning in effort to be more environmentally friendly and use less cleaning products and water. However, all suites are deep cleaned prior to a guest's arrival, and I apologize that there were some missteps with your suite. I have also addressed this with my housekeeping team to ensure all suites are cleaned and checked prior to a new arrival.

We are looking into the possibility of adding a second shuttle for larger in-house groups to accommodate the additional shuttle runs.

Thank you again for your comments, and it was our pleasure serving you. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I recently stayed at this property for a weekend trip. This was my first time to this area of Texas and I would definitely stay here again. From the time I walked through the door to the time I left, the staff was more than welcoming and always smiling! There were 6 of us that stayed in one room (2 queen beds and a pull out sofa bed) and there was more than enough room for us to move around. The kitchen was an added bonus!

Breakfast was great, quick and healthy. Everything was always available and there was a hotel staff member available if anything ever ran out.

The only downside I had while on the trip was the room next to ours. There was a screaming baby the majority of one of the nights and the poor thing could be heard most of the night but this was not the hotels fault.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate you choosing our hotel. Very glad that our double-queen suite worked for all six of you, and that our accommodations, service - and even breakfast! - met everyone's needs. I'm especially pleased that my team was warm and welcoming.

I am sorry to hear you had a noisy neighbor; if there is anything we can do to make future stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great business hotel to stay in. Value for money and as good as any five star. Well located with good access to the Stonebriar mall. Definitely recommend the hotel for stay. You cant get anything better than this for USD 100 a day.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're delighted you both enjoyed your stay with us and felt you received a value worthy of a five-star hotel. That's the kind of feedback we love to hear! We hope your experience will inspire you to stay at other Home2 Suites during your travels.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is by far and away the best 'suite' hotel I have ever stayed in. Bed was very comfortable, sheets were wonderful! Loads of room for your stuff. Comfortable couch with ottoman for 'kicking your feet up'. Desk area tucked nicely into the cabinetry. Bathroom just the right size and loved that it was a walk-in shower, instead of a tub/shower. Also loved the shower and bath soap in a container on the wall and didn't have to open a package and waste anything. Complimentary breakfast was great - lots of options. Also liked the newspaper available on the first floor - not dropped at each door and wasted. This brand has the right idea - give the people what they want, anticipate other needs, but don't waste time, money and resources on trying to please EVERYONE. And they are very eco-friendly!

Only problem I see with the shower set up is the shower head is out of reach of someone who is 5' 5" and I could not adjust the direction or the flow. Fortunately, I could work with it, but it would have been nice to try other settings.

This will be my first choice of where to stay in the Frisco area on future stays!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Wow - what a great review! Thanks very much for the wonderful feedback, and we all appreciate you choosing our hotel. Glad our accommodations and services met your needs, and I'm especially glad that you enjoyed our eco-friendly amenities. An emphasis on greener, cleaner living is a hallmark of the Home2 Suites brand, and something we feel good about doing for our environment. It's the little things that can add up for a big difference.

Thanks again for the great comments, and we're all glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Frisco
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#13 of 14 in Frisco

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco? Share your experiences!