“This Home is 2 Sweet” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Frisco
Brandon
“This Home is 2 Sweet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel. It is located practically in the parking lot of an upscale mall called Stonebriar. There is a road between the hotel and the Dillards parking lot, but it is a road within the perimeters of the mall, so it is not busy and one can easily walk to the mall. There is also a hotel shuttle, but I am not sure where it goes since I did not use it.

The lobby has a living room like atmosphere with bright, colorful furniture and beautiful floors that are either wood or tile made to look like wood. There are two computers in the lobby hooked up to a printer for guests to use and free wifi throughout the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and friendliness of the hotel and staff. All of the people working at the hotel were courteous and helpful. I was greeted every time I entered or exited the lobby. They were always smiling and made you feel welcome.

Our room was a King Suite with a King Bed, pull out couch, kitchen with dishwasher, full sized refridgerator, sink, dishes, and utensils. The room was spotless. I have never stayed in a hotel room that clean.

The breakfast area was clean and fully stocked. There were donuts, cereal, croissants, yogurt, fresh fruit, grits, oatmeal, and toast. Drinks offered were milk, orange juice, water, and my personal favorite, tropical mango water. Coffee and tea were available all day. The breakfast is served from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. One morning some teenagers arrived around 9:15 a.m. and the staff opened the area back up for them.

I loved this hotel and will stay here the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthernTraveler905
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Wow! Thanks for the incredible review, and my team and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I've forwarded your comments to my entire team, as this is exactly the kind of feedback we all strive for. We rely on our guests to gauge the level of service we provide, and it's nice to hear when we've hit the mark.

Many thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I really liked this hotel.
It's brand new, super clean, quiet and in a convenient and very safe neighbourhood that is close to Stonebriar mall. Staff are extremely friendly, and will make a point of greeting you and getting to know you if you are a longer term guest. (shout out to Olinda, Barry, Rae Ann and MaryLuz!) They are also very willing to help you solve any issue you have from room issues to finding places of interest. In fact, several of them made a point of searching me out to say goodbye and thank me for staying just before I left the premises.
Rooms are well laid out and have all the comforts of home including a cooking area. Hot plates are available as well, so you can truly live "at home" if you choose. Beds were super comfy and clean. I also appreciated the presence of a full length mirror in the room and 24hr laundry facilities. Continental breakfast is available 6-9am with cereals, breads, fresh fruit and beverages.
The only cons I can think of is lack of ATM on the premises, and inconsistent pricing on the Marketplace grocery items available in the lobby.
Be aware that there is no bus services in this suburb. There is almost everything available in walking range and the shuttle runs until 9pm, but arrangements can be made with the desk if there is something important happening outside of the shuttle operation times.
I will be recommending this hotel to anyone who is staying in the area in the future.

Room Tip: If your room is facing front, your view is open field, hotel pool and the local Ikea in the distance...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sassix
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
My team and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, and so appreciate the great review! I've made sure Barry, Olinda, RaeAnn and Mary Luz all had a chance to read your comments, along with the rest of the Home2 team, as we all enjoy hearing from our guests. We appreciate you choosing our hotel during your Frisco visit, and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Overall staff very attentive - however rooms have VERY thin walls - also pillowcases smelt like dirty hair - question if they were changed from previous guest. Overall nice layout but too many negatives

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank BusTravelGuy
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your review, and while I’m glad to hear you liked our hotel’s layout and our team was attentive and their service met expectations, I’m sorry you were disturbed by noise from neighboring guests during your stay.

While our bed linens are always changed between every guest, and several times throughout a multiple-night stay, I have forwarded your comments regarding the pillow cases to my housekeeping team to ensure they are providing the best service possible. As we are a brand new hotel (opened November 2012), all of our linens are new, but at times they retain an odor from their plastic packaging, which may account for the odor you noticed.

Should your travels bring you back to the Frisco area, I hope you will again choose our hotel and experience the newest brand from Hilton Worldwide. Thank you again for your comments.

Temple, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is one of the best suite hotels ever! The layout of the room is awesome. The room has a large refrigerator, large microwave, and a dishwasher. It is also stocked with dishes, and silverware. Someone could truly live here. It was also one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in. Awesome place! Would choose this place over and over again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Many thanks for the great feedback, and on behalf of the entire Home2 team, we so appreciate you choosing our hotel during your trip to the Frisco area. Having just opened in November, we rely on what our guests are saying about their experience with us to gauge how we're doing - it is always very rewarding to hear when we've hit the mark!

I'm delighted your enjoyed our accommodations and services, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

The Embassy Suites at the conference center was booked and this is an easy 5 min walk away. It is clean, great gym, the housekeeping staff is very friendly and you get a Hershey bar with a personal welcome letter. They have a continental breakfast that gets the day started and back up to a huge mall.

The bed was comfy and the sheets super soft.

I was pleased with my decision.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you very much for the great review, and while we weren't initially your first choice of hotel, we're so glad you found your way to the Home2 Suites! We're a brand-new property, so we appreciate guest feedback, and are glad to hear you enjoyed both our service and accommodations.

Many thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Idabel, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very friendly and "glad you are staying with us" welcome. Hot coffee ready and quick check-in.Easy walk across the street to shopping at Stonebriar Mall. Just a quick drive to Dr. Pepper BallPark for the Frisco RoughRiders. Room clean and the bed was very comfortable. Sheets were so very soft and felt so good. Room was quiet. Not a full breakfast, but much better than the bowl of cereal at a lot of places. Will stay again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're so glad you chose our hotel for your shopping trip. Sounds like you were able to take advantage of much of what the area has to offer - we love being so close to Stonebriar Centre and the ball park. Very glad to hear you also enjoyed our microfiber sheets - they really make for a comfortable night's sleep and we get a lot of compliments on them.

Should your travels - or shopping plans - bring you back to Frisco, we'll look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again!

Sincerely
Jay Lee
General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family in November and I only have good things to say for it. The two girls I met when I checked in at night were delightful and very helpful, the room was clean and don't even get me started on the beds. The beds are amazingly comfortable. i didn't want to leave! The breakfast is pretty healthy as well as filling and overall, I had a very relaxing stay. My family was in awe of the size of the rooms and and the amenities, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Many thanks for the great review, and we're delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! We're fans of our beds, too, and especially the microfiber sheet sets. I'm so glad you and your family were please with both our service and accommodations.

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Happy New Year,
General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#13 of 14 in Frisco
3.5 of 5 stars 267 reviews

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco? Share your experiences!