“Quiet, relaxing stay”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels, but this place was one of the quietest, calmest places I've ever been in. While I was in my room, I could barely hear anyone walk by, and I never heard the ice machine buzz. The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful at all times. And the food available for breakfast was plentiful and fresh. Would love to go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thanks very much for the great review, and we're so glad you had a quiet, relaxing stay with us! I've forwarded your comments to my team - including the front desk - as they'll all enjoy the kind words.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco

Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel does not meet the publics idea for standards of a Hilton property. It is a new hotel but has significant flaws that I think many people would not like. This hotel would be good if you are looking to bring your pet. They say there is a deep cleaning done of the hotel room when someone brings a pet in, however I found my allergies were reacting and also saw short pet hair on one of the towels, along with multiple longer hairs, so i disagree. Continuing my review, would show black discoloration on the shower curtain and a flawed cheap soap and shampoo dispenser that fell off the wall when I tried to get soap out and had to be replaced. Maybe it is a cheaper alternative, but come on!! Trying to be a hip, modern hotel ok we get the point, but don't overlook the cleaning, cutting corners with quality and pets in the rooms is ridiculous in my opinion. Nice large refrigerator and microwave in room. But, This hotel caters to a small segment of the population. Make sure this is the kind of hotel you are looking for before booking.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Hawstev
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for the honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and we seem to have missed the mark during your stay with us.

In regards to the bath dispensers in the guest suite showers, we are looking at other methods to better secure them to avoid this from happening in the future.

As for guests traveling with pets, we attempt to designate specific “pet” rooms throughout the hotel, which will eliminate future guests from having to stay in a room previously occupied by a guest with a pet and prevent further discomfort from pet allergies. I apologize, it appears from your comment that you were assigned a room that perhaps a pet had been in prior, we do have a extensive deep clean program for the room and linens but will look at ways to improve these processes.

I have also personally discussed your comments with my entire team to get their feedback for their and to make sure we are not overlooking any opportunities to improve our service.

Again, I apologize that your stay was not a memorable one. Should your travels bring you back to the Frisco area, I sincerely hope your will give us another chance.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We made the trip from MN to watch NDSU win the National FCS Championship football game. The welcome was awesome, rooms met all our needs, and service was outstanding. We will be back! We were even shuttled to our restaurant. Staff went above and beyond!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Annmarie1275
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Welcome from Minnesota, and thank you very much for the great review! Minnesota to Texas is a long trip, so we're very glad to hear our hotel and staff met your needs during your stay. I've forwarded your comments to my team, as they'll also enjoy the feedback.

Thanks again for the review, and should the Bison play again in the Frisco area, we'll look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a wonderful stay! Granted the hotel is very new...only a few months since it opened, the staff are 'bang on' with their customer service! Very welcoming from check in to check out. Clean and crisp with vibrant colors (see picture of hallway). Kudos to housekeeping and design team with the rooms! Lots of open space within the room. Bathroom is a shower stall, some might want a bath, but I am fine with the shower. Rooms have the standard kitchenette, though a hot plate is on request basis. Nice feature was the DirectTV....beautiful HD reception with lots of channel options. Location is nice, with Stonebriar Shopping Mall within walking distance and lots of dining options nearby. Kind of a quirky thing, but when a hotel takes the time to make sure their stairwells are as nice as the rest of the hotel, you know that they are paying attention to the small details. The stairwells were clean and nicely painted.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Wow - thanks for the great review, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! You are correct in that we are a brand-new hotel (opened November 2012), but we aim to provide top-notch service and a great guest experience at all times. And we completely understand your comment regarding details such as the upkeep of our stairwells - we agree the little things are what make the difference, and we're glad you found our stairwells to be as bright and clean as the rest of the hotel.

Many thanks again for the great review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed here recently to try out the new brand in the Hilton lineup. It reminded me of some of the newer small hotels I've stayed at in Europe, but with much more spacious rooms. There was plenty of storage available, and lots of counter space. The kitchen is fairly well-equipped. The bathroom was neither too big nor too small. The soap/shampoo dispensers in the shower were interesting. I like the bedside clocks with iPhone docks. I wish these would become standard throughout the Hilton brands. The TVs had great picture quality and a channel lineups. The curtain around the bed reminded me a little of being in a hospital. The worst part of the decor was the couch. I was disappointed in how uncomfortable this thing was. It looks like it's straight off the old Pee-Wee Herman set. The breakfast options, while somewhat limited, were tasty. The front desk staff was helpful during every interaction I had with them. This is a good location right next to Stonebriar Mall. You can literally walk out the back door and across the street to Dillards. All prices being the same, I'd probably elect for the Homewood or Embassy Suites if I had to have a long-term stay in this area, but others may like it better.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay, and we're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As a brand-new hotel (and new brand of hotel from Hilton), it's been very rewarding to introduce guests to the Home2 Suites.

Glad to hear you liked our TVs - we're very pleased to offer DirecTV expanded channel offerings in all suites. Regarding our breakfast selections, we are continuing to add more selections and variety, including waffles, and invite you to enjoy this the next time you stay with us.

Again, thank you for the review, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Had to be in the Frisco area for 2 weeks and Home 2 was great. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and clean. Have full size fridge and dishwasher. The breakfast was ok. Wish they could have had some gluten free items but other than that we really enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Many thanks for the great review, and my team and I are so glad you chose to stay with us during your time in Frisco. Glad to hear that our accommodations and service met your needs, and we do appreciate the feedback regarding gluten-free breakfast items, as we're always looking for opportunities to improve our guests' experience.

Thanks again, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family stayed at the newly opened Home2 Suites in Frisco, TX this past weekend.

We had a pleasurable stay while enjoying the city of Frisco.

With lots of bright colors and Ginormous Rooms we felt like we were staying at a ritzy villa. Our 1 bedroom suite had 2 huge 42" TVs. This allowed us to have one movie on for the girls and I hooked up my movie player to the other TV for Me and the Mrs. Also some other neat features were a video port replicator to hook up multiple devices to the TV and they even had Direct TV Satellite on both TVs. This was great because you actually had a Guide that you were able to see what would be on in the future, not to mention tons of stations in HD as well.

Everything worked well for us on its opening day! Extremely comfortable beds, lots of desk space for working, High pressure showers with shampoo and soap dispensers (no more wasted bars of soap!), and did i mention yet the ginormous amount of floor space!

The kitchen area was laid out nicely. Plenty of pots, pans, and dishware items. They even have an option to use a portable stove top.

Breakfast was great with a very attentive staff. Lots of options for you to choose from with an emphasis on so many extra options like toppings and a variety of juices. Perfect start for your day.

We didn't use the workout room, but it sure looked like it had everything. The pool looked very inviting and had a 1/2 foot shallow area to lie around in. Unfortunately it wasn't opened yet but the sign said it would be in two weeks. This place even had a little walk-way path around the outside of the building for a workout. A neat idea that our family had fun using!

All of the staff was very personable! The kids loved greeting them with a hug every time we passed by.

I had not heard of the Home2 before we ran across this hotel. Now in the future I will always be looking to see if a city has one of these gems around before staying anywhere else!

We will be back!

Room Tip: The 1 Bedroom Suites are Awesome !!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
MagnoliaLodging, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Wow - thanks very much for the very thorough review, and my team and I were very honored to have had you and your family as one of our first guests at our brand-new hotel!

We are all very proud of our new hotel, and so appreciate your feedback. The Home2 Suites is the newest brand from Hilton worldwide, and our hotel is only the second Home2 Suites in Texas. We are so excited to be a member of the Hilton worldwide family, and look forward to welcoming more guests to our hotel and the Home2 brand.

Our outdoor saline, heated pool will be open for guest use later this month, and we hope you and your family will have an opportunity to enjoy it during your next stay with us. It sounds like you were able to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather by relaxing on our outdoor patio!

Many thanks again for the great review, and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco!

General Manager, Home2 Suites Dallas/Frisco

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#12 of 17 in Frisco
Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Hilton Garden Inn Frisco
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco? Share your experiences!