“No Dog And Pony Show Here” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stonebriar Community Church

Stonebriar Community Church
Ranked #6 of 30 things to do in Frisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Stonebriar exists to encourage all people to pursue a lifelong, joyous relationship with Jesus Christ. Our history dates back to 1998, when a small group of people, including Senior Pastor Chuck Swindoll, founded a church in Frisco, Texas. We are a nondenominational, evangelical Christian church. That means that we are governed by our own elders, not an outside organization. About 4,000 people worship at Stonebriar each Sunday.
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“No Dog And Pony Show Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stonebriar Church is a genuine, Bible believing church. It does not have gimmicks to bring you in so if you want to watch muscle men tear phone books in half this is not the church for you. It's very traditional and they sing from hymnals. Chuck Swindoll delivers a great message that I take with me all week long. It is a peaceful, calming and perfect way to start my busy week.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank AbundantSunshine

Dallas, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Excellent non denominational Church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Been a Catholic my whole life, however, when we moved to The Colony Texas, was not thrilled with the local church. Checked around, found Stonebriar, and have now gone a few times, and plan on making this my regular weekly church. Pastor Chuck is excellent, very nice sermons, the music is fantastic and I felt very comfortable here, and it seems to be able to fulfill my needs. Look forward to getting to know them better, and becoming more involved.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bob U
Frisco, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Chuck Swindoll's Church”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you like Insight for Living or Chuck Swindoll, you will like this church. We attended a few services, and even joined a lifegroup, but found a different local church with a stronger youth emphasis. Very strict like Southern Baptist. Chuck is long winded, sermon itself is over an hour, and church runs closer to 1 1/2 to 2 hours. If you want a traditional service and can handle a pastor who is a good teacher, but preaches an entire hour, this might be your church? I do not see them very active in social events like our current church is.

Visited November 2012
11 Thank FriscoResident1997
Overland Park, Kansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Chuck Swindall wasn't there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I enjoyed the music and the hymn singing, but Chuck Swindall wasn't there. He apparently goes on a sabbatical during the summer. I really wish I'd have known before I went. The guest speaker was okay, but he told a lot of personal stories with which I could not identify. If I was voting based entirely on the service without the speaker I would have given it an above average vote.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank amitche5
Frisco, Texas
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Awesome Church”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stonebriar Community Church is A Bible based church. We have been going for six months. Since it is a mega church with Chuck Swindall as pastor, you need to be involved with a small group and a Sunday morning bible class. Great church to visit or be a member. Music is awesome!!!

Visited August 2013