“I enjoy this place.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cantina Laredo

Cantina Laredo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina Laredo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 416 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Seattle, Washington
“I enjoy this place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I usually come here for lunch when I want good tex-mex. It can be somewhat hit and miss but not so bad that it would make me stop coming.

I enjoy the steak fajitas even though my husband thinks the beef is chewy. They do have chicken too. The guacamole is fresh and made table side.

A few times I have been and ordered a margarita there was little to non alcohol in my drink even if I order their "top shelf" margarita. So I stick with wine there.

It is good for business meeting or groups.

• Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good but not fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Awesome margaritas however the food was so so. I ordered the daily fish special, not so great. The made at your table guacamole was excellent. Chocolate cake dessert very good.

Visited January 2014
Stevensville, Maryland
“Tableside guacamole!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

A group of 5 of us went here after work. We really enjoyed the tableside guacamole & the signature cocktails. I had the blood orange sangria, which was delicious. For the main, I had fish tacos & ceviche. The ceviche was a little on the blah side, even with the lime. One in our group asked for something light that wasn't on the menu & they made it for her, no problem! The service here was very impressive & we didn't wait long at all for a table & never had to wait for refills on our drinks. We will definitely be recommending this restaurant & revisiting when in Frisco!

• Visited November 2013
Macon, Georgia
“Great food near a conference center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Cantina Laredo is within walking distance of the Westin Stonebriar and closer to the Sheraton. I went with a large group while attending a conference at the Westin. They accommodated our group quickly and having a group did not impact the time it took for us to receive our meals. They easily accommodated multiple small group checks within the large group and the servers were attentive. SO service for a large group was EXCELLENT.

The guacamole was great! I had the Camarones Escondidos (supposedly chicken "stuffed" with shrimp - actually "topped"). The meal was very good with very tender chicken.

It is somewhat expensive for such a restaurant, but a great top off of a long conference day.

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Don't "splurge" on the expensive margaritas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our server offered us an $11 margarita. Basically, for that price, we figured it would be huge and delicious. Quite the opposite in reality. It was good, but not $11 good.

After I finished my overpriced drink and asked for just a house margarita, the server informed me that it was ladies' night and they were actually on special for $4. The $4 margarita was just as good as the expensive one. I wish he would have told me about the special before I ever ordered the $11 margarita.

Visited August 2013