“Poor housekeeping management”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Frisco
Huntington Beach, California
“Poor housekeeping management”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

As a HHonors Gold member I am a fan of the Hampton Inn brand. With only the very rare exception these hotels are well managed, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately, this Hampton failed my pretty generous standards.
I used HHonors rewards and my family stayed at this Hampton for 3 nights while in Frisco/Plano for a youth soccer tournament. This hotel is situated in a very nice area with almost every shopping and eating option imaginable. We stayed in a room with two queen beds on the top floor, 6th. Overall, the staff was very friendly and responsive but there were constant quirky issues that force me to rate this Hampton at the bottom in comparison to dozens of others I’ve stayed in; surprising given the relatively new feeling of this Hampton and the nice area.
The Good: Very friendly staff, great area for dining and shopping, nice and well maintained outdoor pool, standard Hampton Inn amenities.
The Bad:
-The sheets didn’t fit the queen size beds; on either bed. At some point in the night you would awaken to the sheet and liner crumpled under you. I am 5’10, 175 and my wife might weighs 100 pounds soaking wet so I cannot imagine the battle a larger person would fight here.
-Housekeeping started cleaning our room at 5pm one day and was knocking on our door at 8:20 am the next morning. Sorry if this seems sensitive but housekeeping should be able to do their business between 10am and 3pm. This was a holiday weekend stay. We were about the 3rd room from the end and I could hear the housekeeper knocking and she walked down the hall. If you don’t want to clean as many rooms start knocking at 8 am on a Sunday morning.
-A short curly black hair on my bath towel when I unrolled it. I always check and so should housekeeping. Call me crazy but I don’t want to see someone else’s body hair in the bathroom, especially on a towel.
-The refrigerator had a bad smell. Problem solved by turning it on and keeping it closed.
No reason why this Hampton shouldn’t be top drawer given the area. Housekeeping needs better management and properly fitting bed sheets; easy fixes that management should address for complimentary feedback.
On a scale of 1 to 10 this Hampton rates a 6. I'd be willing to give them another look in the future.

Room Tip: Request a King bed. Maybe those sheets fit properly.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank OnTheRoad1986
rebecca l, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to correct the problem. I understand the condition of the sheets on your bed were also of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm sitting here at 6am on a Saturday morning wide awake listening to my neighbors in the next rooms turn the water off and on at the sink, take a shower, use the restroom, etc. I can't believe how much I can hear! Forget my relaxing weekend getaway! This started at 5:00am! I thought I'd get to sleep in until at least 7:00! I don't believe they put much insulation in these walls! I can hear every word of people's conversations in the hall too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
rebecca l, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise disrupting your stay. Your comments will help us to correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Moore, OK
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Very nice rooms at a fairly reasonable price. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was better than your average "continental". This Hampton is literally minutes away from every restaurant or store that you could possible dream up, and very close to IKEA. My only issue is that this place is not smoker-friendly at all. Yes, there are those of us who smoke....get over it! I am pefectly fine with being sent outside to smoke. But at least give me a bench out by the dumpsters or something. At this hotel, you either go to your car, or you stand in the flower bed, or you impose on folks around the pool. There will always be smokers, so it's best to accomodate us in whatever way you can that is the least offensive to non-smokers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue I
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you have read my other reviews you will notice I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns. I feel as if Hampton Inns are the most consistent discount chain. I am often in areas that a Hampton inn is the best option and they never seem to disappoint. There are a ton of options in Frisco but the Hampton Inn is my #1 choice.

it is fairly new, very well built but most importantly, it has a great Hotel staff. For example this last time I was traveling with a larger group of 4. While I am a Diamond member the rest of the group is not but you would not have been able to tell by the way they were treated by the staff.They treat everyone well and really make you feel like you are an important guest.

In addition to the normal free breakfast the hotel also has a happy hour every night with some food options and free beer/wine.

The rooms are nice, the condition of the rooms are excellent as is the condition of all the common areas. The entire place was spotless and the beds were really comfortable too. The hotel is well lit, you feel very secure and there are many restaurants nearby to chose from. You are also really close to the Dr Pepper ballpark for the Frisco Rough Riders (minor league baseball team - I would recommend taking in a game) plus the practice facility for the Dallas Stars

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, great breakfast, excellent bed! Had no problems whatsoever, definitely would recommend!

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

I stay at hampton inns across the US and this is above average. Pricey, but it is middle of Frisco. Some of the Pros... Bathroom is spacious, bfast was good for being a continental and the chocolate cookies they put out in the evening were delicious. Some Cons Tv remote sucks, no Jacuzzi, limited parking when I'd come back at night, and there was construction that was going on next door. Overall not bad, good enough for me to keep coming back.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Andrews, Texas
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We booked this hotel through hotels.com so the price was very good to begin with. When we got to Fort Worth there was tons of construction going on to the point we drove in circles for an hour. I called the hotels and theywere super friendly and found us the easiest way for us to get there around all the construction. When we arrived the hotel was very nice and the receptionist made sure we felt welcome especially after going through all the ealier mess. The room was gorgeous....it and the bathroom was superclean and spacious. We got up the next morning to a very good hot breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon, gravy, biscuits, waffels, and several other items to choose from. I will definately stay there again if we ever go back that way.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a better view of the city.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family