“Pathetic”

Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Although I can truly understand an hotel must be sensitive to their guests' needs, I know the solution exercise used by management at this location was insanely under-thought.

We stayed here because our "usual", Embassy Suites, was booked tight and charging double during our visit to Frisco and were told this was a "sister" property. Being tired from our pre-wedding month of busy appointments, we decided to stay an extra day just to rest and relax. After renting a movie from their media service, we learned a governor of sorts was placed on all hotel televisions. We had to turn our A/C OFF to be able to HEAR the movie!! We also had to MOVE THE TV up to the foot of the bed to be able to hear it.

Now, I'm thinking that I hope I don't get any bruises tripping over wires and furniture just to potty. Oh, how is love to have bruises on my legs when my groom raises my gown to remove my garter! Maybe my amazing photographer won't charge me too much to PhotoShop bruises out of my photos.

The Hampton Inn doesn't hire very perceptive management. I'm telling you, it isn't too difficult to find a solution to this. And besides..... because Hampton Inn chinced on their expenses for insulation, we should all suffer? People... gather a cot near the TV if you actually want to USE that immenity!!

Save your money. Either go to Motel 6 or stay at Hotel W.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michelle c
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco

Reviewed October 22, 2011

This Hampton is relatively new and it shows - spacious rooms good condition furniture, nice entry, etc. The real weak spot is breakfast which seems to demonstrate mgmt trying to cut corners. The eggs were clearly the powdered variety, the waffle iron really needed some no stick spray, and the apple juice was basically water with coloring. I asked about the juice and was told that its because of the blend they chose. Call me crazy but if that's the case they should change the blend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Having to travel to our corporate headquarters, I requested to stay at the nearest Hampton Inn. Hamptons have a standard of cleanliness and order that I have come to appreciate in all my years in business travel. This Hampton was disappointing. Yes, they had their special comfortable bedding, yes the checkin was quick and easy. Most of the staff was friendly. And yet the breakfast was meager, fruit was spoiled or on the verge of being spoiled. Hospitality was not up to what is usually standard. No coffee refills in the room on the first day. No toiletry refills on the second. Laundry room next door was rather active on the last night, I had to turn up the volume of the TV.

Sorry to say on the next trip, I will be at a different property. I will continue staying at Hamptons, but not this one.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed for 1 week on a business trip to the area. I found the hotel to be very quite and comfortable. Spotlessly clean, good shower, comfortable bed, free wifi etc. I don't need much more on a business trip. I must add that the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Frisco for a convention held at the Embassy Suites close by. The hotel was wonderful! Very comfortable beds, generally quite, although we could hear conversation occasionally from next door. Free breakfast was great and the coffee was good (always a plus for me). Very clean and well cared for and all staff was very helpful and friendly. We did not use the pool, but it looked very clean as well. We had a rental car but they offered to shuttle us to the convention when we checked in, so we did not need the shuttle.

Highly recommend Texas Land and Cattle restaurant! It was fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dshouse4
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This 5-story Hampton was a grade above a typical Hampton. King room was nice and quiet, bed was comfortable. All hotel staff was accomodative and pleasant. Great price for a weekend getaway. Didn't eat free breakfast since there were so many alternatives in surrounding neighborhood.

Room Tip: Plan to have a car unless you don't mind walking a 2-mile radius for shopping / eating. If you...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Arrived after a five hour drive to do some shopping - in a perfect location, with IKEA down the street, a huge mall across the street, and a even huger (?) outlet mall within a few miles. Becky checked me in and saw that my king room was next to the elevator so she upgraded me to a queen suite automatically with no charge. The room was spotless, beautiful decor, huge bathroom with lots of light. Free breakfast in the morning and there was a "social" going on when we arrived - didn't partake, but complimentary pulled pork and wine. Please don't miss this one if you are going to the North Dallas area. It certainly lives up to it's grade here....

Room Tip: Booked online, automatic upgrade because of the location - not because I asked but because they care...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple