“Incidently...”

Hampton Inn & Suites Legacy Park-Frisco
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Having to travel to our corporate headquarters, I requested to stay at the nearest Hampton Inn. Hamptons have a standard of cleanliness and order that I have come to appreciate in all my years in business travel. This Hampton was disappointing. Yes, they had their special comfortable bedding, yes the checkin was quick and easy. Most of the staff was friendly. And yet the breakfast was meager, fruit was spoiled or on the verge of being spoiled. Hospitality was not up to what is usually standard. No coffee refills in the room on the first day. No toiletry refills on the second. Laundry room next door was rather active on the last night, I had to turn up the volume of the TV.

Sorry to say on the next trip, I will be at a different property. I will continue staying at Hamptons, but not this one.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed for 1 week on a business trip to the area. I found the hotel to be very quite and comfortable. Spotlessly clean, good shower, comfortable bed, free wifi etc. I don't need much more on a business trip. I must add that the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Frisco for a convention held at the Embassy Suites close by. The hotel was wonderful! Very comfortable beds, generally quite, although we could hear conversation occasionally from next door. Free breakfast was great and the coffee was good (always a plus for me). Very clean and well cared for and all staff was very helpful and friendly. We did not use the pool, but it looked very clean as well. We had a rental car but they offered to shuttle us to the convention when we checked in, so we did not need the shuttle.

Highly recommend Texas Land and Cattle restaurant! It was fantastic!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dshouse4
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This 5-story Hampton was a grade above a typical Hampton. King room was nice and quiet, bed was comfortable. All hotel staff was accomodative and pleasant. Great price for a weekend getaway. Didn't eat free breakfast since there were so many alternatives in surrounding neighborhood.

Room Tip: Plan to have a car unless you don't mind walking a 2-mile radius for shopping / eating. If you...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Arrived after a five hour drive to do some shopping - in a perfect location, with IKEA down the street, a huge mall across the street, and a even huger (?) outlet mall within a few miles. Becky checked me in and saw that my king room was next to the elevator so she upgraded me to a queen suite automatically with no charge. The room was spotless, beautiful decor, huge bathroom with lots of light. Free breakfast in the morning and there was a "social" going on when we arrived - didn't partake, but complimentary pulled pork and wine. Please don't miss this one if you are going to the North Dallas area. It certainly lives up to it's grade here....

Room Tip: Booked online, automatic upgrade because of the location - not because I asked but because they care...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This hotel was nice. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The a/c was great, very cold. It was a little noisy outside our room in the morning. The breakfast was good with plenty of selection and they kept it stocked. We will stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

When I travel for business, I tend to look for the Residence Inn or Homewood Suites, but with no availability I booked at the Hampton Inn. Although I didn't have the space and kitchen, there were things I really liked about this hotel. The curtains were excellent, black-out style that actually met in the middle. It seems like a little thing, but so many hotel rooms have light bleeding through the gaps. The rooms were decorated very nicely, with jewel-tones -- and I appreciated both the easy chair and padded bench (where my suitcase & computer bag lived). I was surprised to see not only breakfast, but also the evening "manager's reception". All tableware was disposable, but made from earth-friendly materials. THe breakfast had a couple of nice hot-selections, oatmeal was instant only, and there were a few varieties of cold cereal. Fruit was pre-served in bowls. I heard someone comment there were no plain bagels. The night I was there for dinner they had meatloaf, potatoes, corn and green salad and cookies. They also kept the beer/wine selection near the front desk and did ask my name and room to limit to 2 per person. They actually had Shiner Bock which was a pleasant surprise. (There were about 3 or 4 beer varieties in bottles, then a red and white wine). The location is very easy access from the tollroad and plenty of parking. It's right across from a park with trails and the giant cattle drive statues.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business