“A lil' Texas luxury!”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Recently stayed at the Westin for a friend's wedding @ Stonebriar Country Club and have nothing but great things to say.

STAFF:
One of the most efficient, friendly I've dealt with in awhile. Anything from room service to extra towels - all were answered immediately upon request.

AMENITIES:
Pool area was fabulous - tons of activities for kids and a DJ on the weekend can help you forget about the Texas heat while trying to lay out. Equipped fitness location was definitely a plus as well as the lobby bar. Room service breakfast was delicious as well and served with every possible option desired.

DECOR:
Loved the hotel actually kept with a tasteful Texas theme from vintage paintings to cowhide couches in the lounge area - each piece was appreciated and felt custom to its location.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2010

Dear DanielleT12,

Thanks so much for your great review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear all your requests were met by our staff. It sounds like you were able to refresh and rejuvenate here, which is always one of our goals with our guests.

Jean de Vogue

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Great hotel, with a great price via Hotwire. All the facilities you would need of a 4* resort, good pool, fantastic sun loungers - best ever, wonderful beds, and if you want to play golf, set on a good looking and well maintained course. Food in hotel is well priced and good standard. Staff were first class. I ran each of the four mornings I was there, and each time I came back to the hotel, guy on door was ready with a bottle of iced water and cool towel. Well done, very much appreciated.

Area is off the main freeway junctions and near to corporate offices, with plenty of eating places within 1 -2 miles. We stayed at this hotel as a family including four teenage girls, and there was something for all. Hotel is north of Dallas, about 20 mins from downtown. We used it as a base to visit places of interest during our road trip, such as sixth floor museum and Fort Worth, so ticked all of our boxes. You do need a car to get around, so if you are just using public transport ,maybe better to shoot for Galleria area hotels. All in all great stay.

Reviewed September 1, 2010

Overall I had no problems with the service of this hotel. Having to pay for wireless internet was bad, for such a big name hotel when Best Western doesn't charge. Our room was roomy and bathroom clean and modern, but carpeting had several stains and could use some cleaning. They offered free cold waters to guests at front desk and pool which was nice because it was very hot. The front doormen were always very nice opening doors and such. The pool was crowded, at times, but was still enjoyable. We also attended a function at the Country Club next door and the service and food was good. Great workout room, best I've seen.Good breakfast in the restaurant.We received a discounted rate because of the function we attended but probably would not pay any higher rate at a different time of year.

Reviewed August 31, 2010

This is my third visit to this property in a year.
Really the best thing that happened was that they allowed me to check in early. I had stayed the night before at the Sheraton next door because they had a very good rate. The desk clerk there kindly called over to the Westin to see if I could check in at 10am. When I arrived there were two desk clerks. One was either surly or very engrossed in something on the computer screen but the other was sweet and helpful. I asked if there was a preferred upgrade available and the surly one replied, "I have you in a deluxe pool view room." I told her I had paid for a deluxe so that wasn't an upgrade and I did not want to look over the pool because I knew that could possibly mean loud, screaming children. She put me in 509, overlooking the golf course. (Honestly, I really don't care about views.)
When I arrived to the room, I sat down at the desk to do a little work while I was waiting for a friend to join me for lunch. Sitting there I was treated to a discussion from the people in room 507 trying to figure out what they should have for lunch. Seriously, we could have been in the same room, it was that loud.
I called down and told them I was very concerned. Whoever answered told me "Westin's are notorious for having paper thin walls." Not my experience at other properties, but oh well. I then told her I'd stayed in a suite there before and it wasn't loud. I asked her how much to pay for that upgrade. She told me the hotel was full as they were hosting two weddings.
The time to cancel had passed, or I would have just moved on. Instead, I moved over to the bed to read a magazine. The next thing I know, I was treated to multiple renditions of London Bridge is Falling Down from the guests in room 511. It seemed to be a mom, two young child, and a set of grandparents. After about the 8th time, one kid hit the other and there was screaming. Then the kid was sent to time out, whining the whole time while the other one cried.
I went downstairs and told the two clerks I was not happy. I told them I was very frustrated and couldn't imagine how upset I would be when the weddings were going on later and people were in a party mood.
I told the sweet clerk I wanted to be moved to an end room, I didn't care if it was a king or double. She moved me to 501.That is the room at the very end of that hall. I asked her if 503 was occupied. She told me no and I told her I wanted to purchase it too at my current rate so I did not have to hear people next door all night. The surly clerk then looked up and said they would block 503 out.
I was able to get a good enough sleep not having to hear people in the next room. You could still hear a bit of hall noise though.
This is a beautiful property, but I will never stay here again simply because I can't afford to purchase all the rooms around mine so I can have some peace and quiet. Such a shame.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Chellebell
Reviewed August 22, 2010

The staff were very pleasant but the rooms were noisy and the GM at this property is non-involved. He is disinterested and wil not return phone calls or emails even after the hotel mistakenly charged our debit card $8000 dollars. We had to resolve the problem with the hotel desk person as the GM could care less. Then the hotel continued to over charge our credit cards for no reason. The GM never returned our calls and we only received one email from him a month after we left the hotel that they were pleased with themselves for fixing the problems they caused us. He sould be GM for a Motel 6.
We sent 10 emails for assistance which were not answered.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank mirage444
Reviewed August 7, 2010

After staying at this hotel, i am shocked that it was rated so highly. You absolutly do not get what you pay for. While staying here, you are guaranteed to be kept up all night by the people around you since the walls are paper thin. I could literally hear every word of every conversation wheather it came from the people next door, or the young kids running down the hall. Because of all the hidden fees, we paid $30 dollars for dessert that was of small proportion and tasteless. You can also expect to pay $30 dollars per person for a lousy breakfast. The hotel was packed with small kids and the pool was always completely occupied, even when staying on a normal thursday. We were also led to believe there are running trails on the property, however upon arrival we were informed it is nearly a sidewalk along a busy street. Although the staff is friendly, the hotel doesn't have a cozy or relaxing feel to it. There are plenty other hotels in the area that are less expinsive but of better quality than this westin.

3  Thank c0nstanttravel
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Nice resort but the restaurant wasn't open because of low traffic. HOT time of the year. The golf course was still charging $125 until 2 pm, wrong....
They still charge for internet, unless you are gold level or better SPG, which is lame when every middle level hotel/motel gives it to you for free.
The rooms were very nice and I plan to go back when it is a bit cooler.
Good pool area and the golf course looked great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Omni Frisco Hotel
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#13 of 17 in Frisco
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!