“Superb!”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed May 30, 2007

This hotel is by far the best Starwood Hotel I have ever stayed in. The service here is impeccable, it is no surprise that they keep winning awards. From the moment we arrived we were greeted and treated like royalty by each and every employee that we came in contact with. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable with all of the Heavenly features of a Westin. The pool was nice and all of the restaurants were good. The only downside is that there really isn't too much close by if you are looking for things to do, or places to walk to. It is well worth this slight inconvenience. Prepare yourself to be pampered at the Westin Stonebriar.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank LovMX

Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed at this Westin when it first opened several years ago and really enjoyed it. We returned in 5/07 for the Memorial Day weekend and had a great 2nd visit. Self parking is easy (or you can do valet if you prefer); checkin was quick even though they were sold out the night we checked in. There were 3 wedding receptions there that night
but we didn't seem to notice other than we did not receive a suite upgrade like we often do as a Gold Starwood member. But the deluxe room we did receive was very large with a nice view of the pool and golf course. The bathroom is not huge but big enough. The whole room was in very good shape (no stains, ripped wallpaper etc.) The heavenly bedding and bath products do add the extra special touch. There is a nice large wall-mounted HDTV and our kids enjoyed some HBO movies while eating in the room that night. (Stonebriar mall is about 2 miles east of the hotel on Hwy 121 and you will find a large number of restaurants over there. There is also an IKEA store that is fun about a mile from the hotel.) They are starting to develop more restaurants around the hotel with the new addition of a Catina Laredo, a steakhouse and some other choices. Of course, the hotel itself has a couple good restaurants so food is never hard to find at this hotel. Your room even includes an emply refrig for leftovers for midnight snacks.

We enjoyed the pool a great deal with its small waterslide; kids from 2 to 12 and even some adults were using it. They have footbridge
that divides the pool and keeps the older kids from the smaller kids which was a good idea. The weather was rainy on our visit but the pool was still busy with lots of kids hanging out in the 20 person hot tub and no one seemed to care. Being a holiday weekend there were families everywhere but I would recommend this hotel as a romantic getaway too. (Ernie's Bar is a nice space that is kid-proof and very relaxing and then you add a fancy dinner at Legacy Grill.) The nice workout room also looked kid-free.

There is a grill down by the pool with the usual fare and lots of drink choices. They also had a DJ there on Sunday afternoon playing requests so that was lots of fun. In between the hot tub and the covered grill area is a puttling green with 6 holes, balls and putters so everyone enjoyed playing a bit They also had a ping pong table with equipment set up. So the kids had a great time running back and forth between all these choices and it was easy for the parents to sit and have a drink either under the covered grill area or in a comfortable pool chaise and watch everyone.

Our hotel package included a $200 spa credit so I spent the morning at a local day spa that is about 2 blocks from the hotel call Face and Body Spa. It is very nice and I would strongly recommend it. The staff are friendly and good. The facility is very nice with 2 relaxing rooms and lots of fruit, tea and even cookies and brownies to snack on. Prices are average for Dallas but the decor and hospitality are above average.

FYI: we ate Sunday breakfast at the buffet in the Legacy Grill and it was very good. All the usual choices. It was $19 per adult with tax and tip and free for 4 and under. They also offer a la carte. The hotel has a separate Starbucks coffee shop with pastries too.

With gas prices going up, this hotel makes a great weekend getaway.

Stayed: May 2007
7  Thank Love-to-wander-Mom
Reviewed March 31, 2007

I often travel to Dallas on business and have stayed at the Westin Stonebriar on at least 20 occasions. The service is outstanding the rooms are nice, clean and the Heavenly beds are very comfortable. If business brings you to north Dallas you won't find a better place to stay than the Westin Stonebriar.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank mjbenun
Reviewed March 13, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Stonebriar back in October of 2006 and enjoyed our two nights. The accomidates are very nice but the front desk staff still stands out in my mind as being wonderful and some of the nicest people I've ever encountered. We used the bellmen and they were wonderful as well. The work out facilities are nice. But I don't recommend jogging on the golf course cart trails ;).

The only drawback of this hotel is it's location in extreem North Dallas, if you are looking to "do" Dallas, I'd suggest somewhere closer in, but if you are shoping in Frisco or on Business around Legacy Drive, I can't think of a better place to stay.

Enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank erack
Reviewed November 6, 2006

My wife, 5 month old and I stayed at the Westin Stonebriar from 11/2 - 11/5. All I can say is that this was probably the best hotel I've stayed at in a long time. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we had a good stay. I had called the night before to tell them that I would checking in early and if there was any problem with that. Well, there was. A large convention was wrapping up that day, and rooms wouldn't be available until about 1pm at the earliest. Not a problem, because we got there late anyway.

Upon checking, I asked the front desk if they had any suites available. They checked and did, so they put us in an executive suite. (We were staying there on Starwood Preferred Guest points and I'm Gold level, so this stay didn't cost me a dime.) The suite was great, approximately 900 square feet, one and a half baths, seperate living room, huge bathroom, and walk in closet.

Previous posters mentioned that the parking was too far away. Not the case when we were there, however it may have been the day before we got there, as they were at a full occupancy. Front row, spaces right next to the sidewalk leading to the front door almost the whole weekend. Never had to park further than the second row the whole time.

I don't know if staying in the suite means that we got different service, but contrary to what some have said they did have turndown service.

The hotel location is not in the best spot for visiting Dallas since you are about 25 minutes to downtown, but is convenient enough for what we were doing. I actually enjoyed staying out of the city, and not having to deal with parking issues and such.

We will definitely be coming back, and it probably won't be too long before we do.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank gblakeb
Reviewed September 30, 2006

Gave us a room that someone had just checked out of, bed was still unmade and towels on floor. Front Desk did not believe us, and said "that cannot be true"

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank mrotis77
Reviewed September 17, 2006

Had to park far away from building, I guess they are trying to get you to pay for the $11 a day valet. A closer parking lot was "under construction" and blocked off,even though there was no visible construction. Not well lit at night. Called room service and it rang 9 times the first time and 6 times the second time I called. Then the tortilla chips were all burnt on the edges. Picture below of under construction parking lot.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank FMousner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Omni Frisco Hotel
Omni Frisco Hotel
#10 of 17 in Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!