“Nice resort close to many dining, entertainment and shopping options”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Orlando
“Nice resort close to many dining, entertainment and shopping options”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Resort accomodations are first class. Stayed here on biz with other employees and was impressed with the whole facility. Unlike many 'resorts" parking is short walk as well as many dining and shopping. This is really a suprise considering it is a golf resort and has many other amenities associated with properties that are ussually located in the middle of nowhere. Also while walking the property I was very impressed that the GM was frequently in the lobby asking how are stay was or if we needed any assistance. We did not eat at the hotel, but we did try out the bar... which was very "perfect" Overall I would recommend this especially at the very fair rate at which we paid.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2009

We went to the Westin Stonebriar for a Spring Break getaway. The lagoon pool with a slide and waterfalls was awesome. The rooms were so comfortable with a balcony door, comfy beds and nice bathrooms. From the time we got there were treated very well. It couldn't have been any better. It's sort of in a country setting but less than 5 min to the Stonebriar Mall. We'll definately be back!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 20, 2009

The Westin Stonebriar was great! The rooms were nice, the beds were comfortable and the service was outstanding. The meeting facilities were perfect for a company meeting. The fitness center was one of the nicest I have seen in a hotel; it was gym quality. I hope my company meeting is here again next year.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed January 26, 2009

Unfortunately the weekend I went there it was FREEZING! But here's my review

+ Great location, if you're not looking to do much busy city life- there's a gigantic movie theater less than a mile away, great shopping (the theater is at a mall) and amazing food!
+ Silver Fox- steak restaurant right across the street= AMAZING
+ Breakfast room service was really yummy
+ Beds were very comfortable
+ Climate control worked well
+ Shower head was perfect- very strong pressure (was on the 5th floor), clean tub, I really liked the 2 shower heads
+ Used exercise room- was very clean, and elliptical and treadmill machines had tvs on them
+ Management was very prompt (within 5 minutes) of anything I needed
+ All workers there were considerate and kind
+ Hot tub and awesome pool- too bad it was freezing outside

Now for the negatives
- Lots of extra charges- about $131 more than my bill on my last day stated- still waiting to see what those charges were for...I bought a packaged deal and hopefully will not get charged more.
- They didn't give me my breakfast vouchers right away- I had to ask for them TWICE. (breakfast vouchers are sneaky- they don't tell you you have to pay for tax and tip when you book them online).
- Although management was prompt with what I needed, I had to ask for a new breakfast ordering paper
- no slippers, sewing kit, or mouth wash- only 1 robe- usually resorts have these things
- No map of property in their booklet

I believe that's it!

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — Wondering about extra charges not listed on bill
  • Stayed January 2009
Seat31E
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Very nice Westin resort but missing some of the business amenities I expect. Only certain rooms have limited mini bar. Desk is not a great work station. Excellent staff makes up for the minor misses. The hotel could use a mid-cycle freshen up but the rooms are kept very clean. I would definately recommend this hotel for the area.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Wife and I use this hotel as our "take a break" place. We are from Fort Worth, but I attended a conference here once and was impressed. It is a great place to go for a quick night out. We lover the pool area. Big, long pool with lots of loungers. Great place o bring a book and spend all day. In Texas summers, yo can read for an hour, then jump in the pool. The pool itself has lots of "shelfs" so you can sit and relax, read or talk. I slide for kids to just keep things interesting.

The rooms are big and comfortable. Overlooks the golf course and/or Dallas (far away). The Westin beds are the best in the hotel world and there seems there are 100's of pillow. Bathroom is great.

Decor is modern sothwest - lots of stone, tile and wood. Check-in can be little slow if busy. They have the new style lobby with small stations and you can get confused on where to stand when there is a line.

The Grill is very good for breakfast. Sunday brunch is awesome. Dinner is OK. This is a more of a business/meeting hotel so usually not very crowded on the weekends. I think that hurts the food.

Very good place to relax and take a breath. You feel like you are faraway - but only minutes from Frisco mall (everything is there). Good couples hotel. You see lots of family renunions, wedding families, groups, etc. Not too crowded.

• Liked — Relaxing at the great pool area
  • Disliked — Check-in
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TXScooby
Dallas
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I have stayed at this property time and again - even when it is more expensive than the other hotels - because the service is outstanding. Everyone at this hotel genuinely cares about the guests and wants everything to be just right. I really appreciate that. I have met the GM in the lobby on several mornings. He even got my bags for me one morning when I had too much to carry. He thanks you for your business and remembers you when you come back. I LOVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Hilton Anatole
Hilton Anatole
#34 of 203 in Dallas
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!