“Incredible!!!”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had an incredible stay at this Westin. I honestly had no idea of what to expect, but it was great! From the very first moment that I walked near the door, the valet guy (Miles, I think was his name) was very helpful and welcoming. He explained where I had to go check in and opened the door for me. Next, I talked to Alvina at the front desk. She was supper kind and polite. I had several conversations with her and the other guy at the front desk. They deliver incredible customer service. I then went up to my room, and it was more than I could have asked for. I had a great view of the front. The beds were VERY comfortable, and the bathroom was spacious. Everything was neat and clean. I took a shower and used one of the really comfortable robes they have, which made me feel like I was getting spoiled. After that, I went downstairs to their living room/bar area. It has a great classic look with some modern elements to it. I ate some fish tacos, which were "delicious". My server Brittany Hodgens was on top of things and always made sure to come back to check on how I was doing. Overall, I rate this hotel as excellent. The whole staff is incredible and the hotel has so many different types of accommodations, that you won't have to worry about anything and relax.

• Stayed: March 2014
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Gustav, thank you for taking the time to share your incredible experience at The Westin Stonebriar. We appreciate your great feedback about Miles, Alvina, Brittany and the rest of the staff. I am so excited that you received a warm welcome and that you felt like "you belong" I can tell by your comments that you really appreciated the comfortable beds, spacious bathrooms and the cleanliness of the hotel. We value your business and look forward to your return.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

From the moment we pulled up we knew we had found something special. And it got even more so once inside. It really begins and ends with the staff. There are two kinds of employees in the hospitality industry. Those who are there soley because it's their job, and those who want to be there, and take every task seriously, however menial. Every staff member at this hotel seemed to be the latter-- every one of them took great pride in their hotel, and in their jobs. The facility was spotless and elegant. Beds and linens were wonderful. Great dining downstairs . . . the breakfast wasn't free and was pricey, but was superb. Enjoyed the bar and the patio areas. Tons of good shopping nearby. The only thing we thought was missing in our room was a map of what's where . . . the place is enormous and it took awhile to figure it all out when we first got there. Overall, the finest hotel we've ever stayed in, and look forward to returning there.

Room Tip: Some people might like one of the rooms that overlooks the golf course.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your memorable experience at The Westin Stonebriar. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and felt welcomed from the moment you pulled up. We appreciate your comments about our associates who pride themselves on the great personal service they deliver, and I know they appreciate your recognition of their hard work. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and I trust we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is my favorite hotel in TX! The staff is what really pushes it over the top. The rooms are great, and I agree with the previous reviews that it is older, but decently not in the rundown sense. It is very old world (think dark wood and leather) in the lobby and bar area. There is a nice reading area off the lobby with a fireplace and some couches and chairs. The gym is the best hotel gym I have seen. The pool is also in the top 5 hotel pools I have been to.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Stonebriar and for your uplifting words about our hotel and staff. I am so pleased to hear that you experienced our exceptional customer service. We appreciate your business and are thrilled that you will be returning.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

As other reviewers have mentioned, the staff here excel at their jobs. They are friendly and efficient. The hotel itself seems to be older than others in the area, but it is older in the classic sense, not the rundown sense.
The location is fine if you are in the area anyway, but it is a long way from downtown, DFW, Central Expressway, and everything except Frisco, really. That is the only real downside here and it was not enough of one to justify taking a star away in my opinion, especially since I knew where it was when I booked it.
I would like to stay longer in the future and explore the surrounding grounds. They were beautiful and seemed to offer opportunities for swimming, golf, and tennis.
We left a tag on the door for breakfast to be delivered, and though expensive, it arrived on time, hot, and well prepared. The hotel was pretty quiet. Parking was somewhat far away, but not a big deal if no one in your party has mobility problems. The bed was very comfortable, the room was well-appointed and clean. We'll definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Renee U, Executive Administrative Assistant at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Stonebriar and for your awesome review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback about our friendly and efficient staff, comfortable beds, clean and well-appointed guest rooms, and our hot and well prepared breakfast. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am thrilled that you were able to experience it first-hand. We are excited that you have plans to visit us again.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I booked a room at the Westin for the weekend that my friend was getting married. The proximity to the reception and price (discounted because of the wedding) was what hooked me. From the moment I stepped out of the car, I was taken care of. The concierge were always on top of things, the greeting in the lobby was very warm, the staff in the lounge gave us space but were right there, and the cleaning ladies were so sweet as well. The room was beautiful! We ordered room service one morning and it was delicious! Great experience! I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel is as exceptional as the local Frisco area. First class facilities with exceptionally comfortable rooms. Service consistently exceeded expectations throughout the property. We played the Fazio Course and found it to be a great experience. Even in February's dormant season the course played exceptionally well. The 2 PM and after green fees were a very good value at 1/2 of the daily rate. The Westin also provides free shuttle service to local (25+) restaurants and local shopping. This is a great choice. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mark, thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your memorable experience at The Westin Stonebriar. I am thrilled to hear that you found our hotel to be exceptional with first class facilities and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and I am pleased to hear that you were able to experience it first-hand. We are so excited that you will be returning.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hotel was good to very good. I would only recommend this hotel if you need to be near Frisco. It is a $60 taxi ride/$78 limo ride from DFW.

The hotel is more than average and not quite very good, but I gave them 4 stars for staff friendliness.

Rooms are spacious with excellent beds and the hotel lobby is nicely appointed.

My only complaint is the distance from the airport. If you are planning a conference, I believe participants would rather stay in a "walkable" place near Dallas proper and not too far from the airport.

Room Tip: Choose the top floor overlooking the golf course or any floor available overlooking the golf course...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at The Westin Stonebriar and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. We appreciate your comments about our friendly staff, spacious guest rooms, excellent beds and nicely appointed hotel lobby. We value your business and look forward to your return visit.

Be well

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hilton Anatole
#10 of 17 in Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!