“A very nice Westin experience”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed July 9, 2008

I just got back from my stay at the Westin Stonebriar and I would give it high marks. Due to my SPG status, I was upgraded to an Executive Suite and I must say the room was spacious, well decorated, and comfortable.

Room service was always fast (under 30 minutes) and delicious. The fitness center is better than I expected and better than most other Westin’s. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed April 29, 2008

my mom and i booked this hotel for a birthday weekend with only one day's notice.
got a really great rate of $130.00 a night.
the property is beautiful.
would have given them an excellent except for the noise. only down side was that the rooms are not as quiet as i would have liked, but we stayed on the first floor. you can hear when the room above or to the side of you turns on their water. other than that was a great stay.
the room was so clean. the bathroom is beautiful. the shower head is a double shower head. my mom liked it so much she wants to buy one for her house.
the bed was beyond comfortable. linens were excellent.
huge flat screen tv in the room made for great lounging in huge comfy bed while watching tv.
the staff was excellent. they remembered my name the whole time i was there.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2008

I stayed at the Westin Stonebriar for a business conference. I was unfortunately caught up in the Amer Airlines MD80 issue and was stranded for an extra night. If you have to be stranded this is an excellent place to be!! The staff was always friendly, prompt, helpful, and genuinely concerned. The room was exceptional and the bed was among the best I have ever had. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I got a good deal (~$130 after tax) for labor day weekend. For the price I got at this hotel, it was awesome. The beds (2) were queen sized. The plasma tv was fairly large...36-42". The bathroom was clean. The lobby is huge. There was free internet through a room with two or three computers, and a laser printer that prints for free. I didn't try out the bar and restaurant, but they didn't look that bad. The pool was great, but got a little crowded with all the people sunbathing and hanging out. The weight room is decent, but I think they can always be better and have better ventilation. Parking was free if you didn't use the closer valet area. In all, I would describe this hotel as elegant, relaxing, and roomy.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at the Stonebriar Resort just one night, but I wish we'd stayed longer. The place was peaceful, and I enjoyed relaxing by the fire browsing through the books on their shelves. Everyone, from the valet to the concierge to the pro shop staff, was courteous and helpful to us. Notably, the hostess at the restaurant was very patient with our son and ran the train (that runs around the Christmas tree) almost to his heart's content.

Our room was large and overlooked the hotel grounds, which provided us with a lovely view in the morning. Our room contained 2 comfortable "heavenly beds," a desk, sofa chair, plasma tv with on-screen guest services (such as for ordering room service), and a mini-fridge. The room also had operating windows with a faux balcony, a large, elegant bathroom, and fluffy robes in the closet.

For recreation, they have a nice pool with a bridge over the center and small water slide at the end, ping pong table, putting green, weight room, golfing (of course), shopping, and various restaurants and bars. There are also other very nice restaurants within walking distance, or the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle there or to nearby shopping areas. We ran out of time before we could finish exploring all the hotel had to offer, but we are definitely staying here again if our travels bring us back this way. Highly Recommended

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank PineSC
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We took advantage of a $99 special rate here. While an excellent rate, for any Westin, it also posed the biggest issue. The crowd at this Westin was not what I'm used to seeing at Westins, or luxury resorts. Pretty noisy in the halls, lots of slamming doors, yelling, stomping. We were near the Presidential Suite. I would be upset had I booked that room and listened to the racket. But for the price we paid, we overlooked it. But just know that great rates are available here, and keep in mind that great rates bring a crowd.
The hotel itself is in a great location. Away from crowded Dallas but close enough to enjoy. The hotel is also close to shopping (the national sport of Plano, TX). Stonebriar Mall is nearby, but skip it and head down the tollroad to Willowbend. Great for at least window shopping. Loro Piana, Armani, etc. generally keep the Abercombie crowd away (but there's an Abercrombie at Willowbend if you need one). The mall also has free wireless internet and a places to sit and sip some coffee or tea. So husbands, take your laptop while the wife shops and surf (and people watch, this is Plano, where the moms are sometimes better looking than the daughters).
The staff is very friendly and helpful. Like most Westins, you get a sense they want you there.
The room was spacious, not huge, but enough room for a king bed three large chairs and some walking room. The window slides open, no balcony, but you can take in the view (of an endless sea of house tops). You'll want to request a pool or golf course view (the alternative is the front of the complex which gives you a parking lot view). Top floor is my recommendation, although you might need to be a SPG Preferred member. On that note, if you're not, join, it's a great program. The room comes with large flat screen, lots of cable channels, and fridge. Not sure we liked the decor, but we are against any kind of floral decor in hotels.
Can't beat the "heavenly" bed. Very plush and comfortable. Also can't beat the dual Speakman shower heads.
Try the restaurant (Legacy grill). Our food was excellent. Probably about $100 or so for two, but a nice time.
There's also a couple restaurants nearby (maybe a little to far to walk). I'd also recommend going down to Tin Star, in a strip center that includes Super Target on the other side of the Tollroad from Willowbend mall on Park. Great tasting fast food TexMex.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank stmcki
Reviewed May 30, 2007

This hotel is by far the best Starwood Hotel I have ever stayed in. The service here is impeccable, it is no surprise that they keep winning awards. From the moment we arrived we were greeted and treated like royalty by each and every employee that we came in contact with. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable with all of the Heavenly features of a Westin. The pool was nice and all of the restaurants were good. The only downside is that there really isn't too much close by if you are looking for things to do, or places to walk to. It is well worth this slight inconvenience. Prepare yourself to be pampered at the Westin Stonebriar.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank LovMX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hilton Anatole
#10 of 17 in Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!