“Best stay ever!!”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We've stayed at the Westin Stonebriar on numerous occasions and always have a great time. Our latest stay was no exception. It was a last minute decision to go after a huge blunder at another resort. We were celebrating our anniversary and July 4th. The staff went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and help us celebrate. They even went out of there way to make our six year old daughter feel so special. In fact, our daughter said, "I don't know why we go anywhere else. The Westin Stonebriar has the best service, the best pool and its my favorite place!" Special thanks to Kelly, Amy, Jordan and the girls at the pool - Kristin, Shelby, and one other wonderful girl who I am so upset to say I cannot remember her name. Each staff member is warm, welcoming and want every moment of your stay to be relaxing and fun. Over the holidays there is usually a DJ at the pool as there was this time, with fun games for the kids & adults. The pool service can't be beat. We can't thank the Westin Stonebriar enough for make our 8th anniversary and this years July 4th so memorable!!! See you soon!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Ldsmall -

It was great to have you back again at the hotel for your 8th anniversary. We are very pleased that we were able to make this another memorable experience for you.

Your comments on our associates and our service are much appreciated, thank you for recognizing them as they truly make the difference. We sincerely hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The movie by the pool was a hit with the kids. We did not have pups, but many folks did and it was delightful to see our canine friends walking in the lobby. The convention space was quite a distance from your room, but very convenient.
The spa was a disappointment, you had to go across the street since the space was replaced by the gym.
The bar was the central and friendly although the service could have been faster.
The room was standard Westin, great beds, plush bedding, and a rain shower option in the bath.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for poolside or golf view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

steveberry2020 –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your wonderful comments. Glad to hear that your kids enjoyed our “Dive-in movie” and that you also enjoyed our signature amenities we have to offer in our rooms. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I had weekend away and after a little research decided to stay at the Westin Stonebriar. Immediately upon our arrival, I began not feeling well.... Brandon, the service express manager was incredibly kind and attentive. Once leaving urgent care, he helped us find the pharmacy, delivered sprite and crackers to the room and checked in on me the next day. We spent Saturday at the pool and despite a large crowd- of mostly children- we had a nice day. The service was quick and friendly- although my husband said the prices for drinks were high. I am disappointed that I wasn't healthy enough to truly experience what this resort has to offer and I'm ready to go back, with our kids to enjoy!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the golf course side and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Ashley k –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great feedback.
I am so sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well upon your arrival and weren't able to experience all of our amenities during this past stay. It’s nice to hear that we looked after you upon your return from urgent care and I will be sure to share your positive comments with Brandon who is truly a great asset to our Team. We wish you a prompt recovery and look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon.

Be well.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Love this place...
only down fall is that there are no restaurants walking distance, but the bar and restaurant on site is good.

Parking is easy
easy to find
staff was wonderful

I am going to look for a reason to back... rates are higher than the Sheraton near by, but there is a reason, a good place to stay...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

GB_InTexas –

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for your positive review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our hotel restaurant and our convenient parking options. Please stop by the front desk during your next stay so we can give you some great dining recommendations nearby including 6 restaurants just 5 minutes walking distance. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times and it is a great property. The rooms could stand new carpet in the near future. I just checked in on a Sunday and met my wife at the pool. We ordered some lunch at the pool and then at 1:30pm the pool waitress I formed us that it was "last call" for food and beverage. When I asked why they closed so early she said they normally aren't busy. There are still 25 people here enjoying the pool on a perfect day, despite the staff packing up to leave and a horrendous elevator version of Pink Floyd playing on the pool speakers. The staff's suggestion was to call room service from a phone if we needed anything. Poor planning and poor management of an otherwise great facility. I would suggest that the GM get out of the office a bit more.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank 12twAlker
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hello 12wAlker –

Thank you very much for your recent visit and for the feedback that only helps us to improve. While I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, I am pleased that you were able to discuss the details of your experience directly with Aqua Bar Manager during your stay. The Aqua Bar is typically open until 2pm on Sundays and afterwards our in room dining team takes over any food and beverage requests by the pool therefore allowing our guests to continue to enjoy our food and beverage offerings until 10pm.

Be well,

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Westin Stone briar for 4 nights In June 2013. They are indeed a 1st class hotel and expect to pay for it.
One surprising thing was the excellent food, both at their in house rest. "Ernies" and their bar. Pricy yes but excellent.
The staff was superb in every way.
Room service was very efficient as well.
Our only "beef" would be the A/C in the room and the entire hotel for that matter. It was very cold throughout (and I am not cold natured). Expect to pay for the Wi-Fi unless you join their club. It was very slow but then the hotel was basically full, so that could be the reason.
The best thing to me was the excellent bedding and pillows. Very, very comfortable!
I can highly recommend it as long as you are not on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Retired_in_MX

Dear Retired_in_MX –

Thank you very much for your visit and for your positive review of our hotel. Thank you also for noticing our staff as well as our wonderful food. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Stay well,

Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice hotel. Stayed for 3 day for a wedding and got an excellent room price from the bulk reservation for the wedding. The hotel accommodations were very clean, but I found the hotel noisy. I was awakened at 2 am one morning because of the partying in the hall. I was extremely disappointed there was no free Wi-Fi in the rooms - a bit archaic at this point in time for an expensive hotel. The bed was so-so in the comfort range. The staff was EXCELLENT and always willing to help/assist with any need. The staff raised the rating considerably for me. I would stay here again when in the Dallas vicinity, but would not want to pay $250-350 per night.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear TXRosie50 –

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your great comments about our staff.
While I am happy to hear you were able to get a great rate for the room, I sincerely apologize about the loud guests that woke you up at 2am and I regret that we were not informed of this nor given the opportunity to address this problem immediately at the time. I have shared your feedback with our overnight team as they regularly walk the floors.
I do understand your concern over the internet charge. Westin Hotels and Resorts, as do all of the major upscale hotel chains who are our direct competitors, charge for in room internet access. Platinum members of our Starwood Preferred Guest program do get complimentary high speed internet access. At the Westin Stonebriar, we do offer complimentary wireless high speed internet access in our lobby, library, restaurants and bars and pool and as an alternative we also offer free internet access at our 24 hour business center. Also, our hotel rates range on average from $109 to $309. We look forward to your next stay.

Be well,

Jean de Vogue

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Omni Frisco Hotel
Omni Frisco Hotel
#10 of 17 in Frisco
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Dallas-Frisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Sheraton Stonebriar Hotel
Hilton Dallas Plano Granite Park
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!