“3 star hotel at 5 star prices.”

The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
“3 star hotel at 5 star prices.”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My wife and I took a few days to relax here and although most of the staff was exceptional, there is always that one who ruins it for you. The pool stayed filthy, pool side service was slow, the aqua bar is closed except for weekends as well as the Legacy Grill or so we were curtley told and a slew of other issues as well. If you want 5 star, stay elswhere.

• Stayed June 2011
8 Thank barjrob
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Hello Barjob,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your gift of feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am very pleased to hear that throughout your stay you found our staff to be overall: "exceptional". Yes, our Aqua bar is open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during the summer and outside those days we offer our guests the possibility to order food at the pool through room service. I regret that our speed of service fell short of your expectations on that day. I also apologize that despite our Team doubling their efforts to maintain the same cleanliness of the pool it wasn't as clean as we wished due to the constant seasonal storms and high winds our area experienced during those two days. If you have the opportunity to stay with us again, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at 972-668.8000.

Jean de Vogue - Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed June 18, 2011

My first time to Texas. And I will certainly want come again.

Super rooms, top fitness center, very solid breakfast buffet, the friendliest staff - and it's not just trained behaviour, they really mean it. Really.

Turning a business trip nightmare that started with AA delaying my luggage for over 3 days into a wonderful stay is miracle - and the team at the Westin Stonebriar did it just naturally, and with a big smile on their faces. Just awesome.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Gnorzo, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and for your great comments. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience the genuine care and friendliness of our Team as well as our fully equipped Westin Workout room, our spacious rooms and our breakfast buffet. If you get a chance during your next visit, don't hesitate to ask us about our Superfoods menu. We look forward to welcoming you again at the Westin Stonebriar for another great experience. Be well, Jean de Vogue - Front Office Manager
Dallas, TX
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My husband and I snuck away for a staycation to the Westin Stonebriar this past weekend. There was a wedding there on Saturday night, so the pool was full with all the wedding guests. There was nice poolside service, although somewhat slow. I think that can be attributed to the crowded pool. All in all, it was a good value. Clean rooms, complimentary bottled water in the rooms and at the pool, nice workout facilities and kind valet and front desk attendants. Great hotel for the price!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BigDMom
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear BigDMom, thank you for the great review of our hotel and our Team members and for your time in sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am delighted that you chose to stay with us for your staycation this past weekend and that you were able to relax at our Pool and unwind in our Westin Workout room. Thank you again and we look forward to your return soon. Stay well, Jean de Vogue - Front Office Manager
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I have stayed at the Westin Stonebriar the past few years for a business conference that I attend annually. From the moment you arrive, the friendly staff goes out of their way to accommodate your needs. They are not overbearing and will not make you feel guilty if you don't want to accept their help with bags, etc.

The bottled water and fresh fruit at check-in are a really nice touch. The furnishings, bedding, and bathroom were all luxurious. You can't beat the Westin Heavenly Bed.

I had to check out of the hotel early because of some bad weather. Even though it was 6:00 at night, the hotel still let me check out and not pay for my third night, even though it was well past check-out time. This courtesy was greatly appreciated. it's rare that you get this kind of service from other hotels.

I look forward to my next stay at the Westin Stonebriar.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ksbrownutah
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Dear Locomoreno, Thank you for staying with us once again and for your great comments about our hotel, especially the comments regarding our associates. They work very hard in providing personal and instinctive service to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Stay well,

Jean de Vogue
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Front desk manager Jean De Vogue went out of his way to make Mother's day special, even though phone reservations were messed up Mr. De Vogue corrected all problems immediately and gave us an upgrade on top of it. When going to North Dallas, the Westin Stonebriar will be the only place we stay, due to him.

Room Tip: ask if an upgrade is available and tip the front
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank granthony
Dear granthony, thank you for sharing your Mother's day with us and for all the support of our hotel. I am very pleased that you had a great time and we look forward to your return soon. Please note that the front desk does not accept any tips for upgrades. Be well, Jean de Vogue - Front Office Manager
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I regularly visit Plano and the Westin is my first choice. It has definitely improved over the years.

The rooms & beds are very comfortable and the welcome is always friendly and they're ready with a nice cold bottle of water as you check in. The best service ever was having a doorman open the door with a fresh towel & cold water as I came in from my morning run - talk about service!!!

The gym is really good and well equipped for a hotel gym and I hear they're going to be spending more on it!

About the only pet peeve I have is that the bathroom amenities are lacking - especially for women (no cotton balls, qtips etc. - the kind of thing that I always forget to pack). Butnotherwise it's a really well run hotel

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank taliej757
hospitalityiskey, Front Office Manager at The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear TalieJ, thank you very much for your loyalty and for your great feedback about our hotel and our Team! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we are your first choice hotel when visiting the area! Please note that we offer to all our guests these complimentary amenities upon request. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us so we may arrange to have these in your room prior to your arrival for each of your future visits. We look forward to your return. Be well, Jean de Vogue
OC
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Took long weekend (4 days/3 nights) golf-cation in Frisco, TX. Stayed at Westin Stonebriar, and highly recommend it. The Stonebriar (Fazio Course) pro-shop is in the lower level of hotel, very convenient. We arrived earlier than forecast, but staff at front desk were fantastic, and got us in room early to prep for golf. Hotel is very nice, with large rooms and great views overlooking the golf course. Location is very good, with great shopping about 5 minutes away from hotel in almost any direction, and several golf courses within 20 minute drive. The staff at hotel were fantastic, and we enjoyed our visit so much we have booked return weekends already.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Longhorn63
Dear Longhorn63, thank you for staying with us and for you great review of our hotel! We are always happy to accommodate an early arrival whenever we can. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community! We look forward to you return for another great experience.
Be well, Jean de Vogue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
Hilton Anatole
Aloft Frisco
Aloft Frisco
#12 of 17 in Frisco
Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Been to The Westin Stonebriar Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!