“Management Issues”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Frisco
Alexandria, LA
“Management Issues”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We arrived around 8:00 p.m. to check in for a two-night stay. Upon arrival, we were informed that the water to all the hotel would be shut off at midnight until 4:00 a.m. This prevented us from going back out to eat or for a movie since we would not have water for showers upon our return; however, we had no other alternative but to continue check in since we would be charged for this hotel regardless and could not book another hotel now. We were compensated for our inconvenience with breakfast coupons....The next morning we left around 10:45 a.m., making sure the "Do Not Disturb" sign was not outside the door and leaving a note requesting additional towels since they had not been provided as requested in our reservation. We returned around 5:30 p.m. to find that housekeeping had not cleaned our room. The soiled towels remained on the floor, trash cans were still full, and the beds had not been made. The front desk staff sent up fresh towels and assured me the manager would be informed, and I would be hearing from him. However, the only person I heard from was the overnight security person who delivered the fresh towels and removed the trash and soiled towels. He offered three dessert cards, which we were unable to use. I have since emailed the General Manager on several occasions, but have received no response. I find this level of service unacceptalbe and inexcusable. We return to the area periodically, but are now staying elsewhere. There are too many excellent choices in the area to stay here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
HGIF, manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frisco, responded to this review, April 6, 2010
As the General Manager of the hotel I would like to apologize to you and your family for such a poor experience. In December we did have to turn off the water to the building for repairs and we tried to be as proactive as possible and inform our guest ahead of time. Our housekeeping team works extremely hard to provide a very clean room for all our guests. It is not acceptable or our policy to skip the cleaning of a room. Please feel free to call the hotel and speak with me directly.

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is a nice hotel with a friendly staff, good breakfast, and about half the cost of the Embassy Suites across the street. In addition, there is FREE parking, unlike the Embassy Suites.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This hotel was just ok for me, I think I've gotten better value for the same price elsewhere. They had a special running where you got an IKEA gift card @ check in. When we arrived they didn't have us listed for that, and actually had to run across the street and get us our gift card. The did try to fix the problem immediately, so I give them credit for that, but I think it should have been right the first time.

Breakfast was pretty good. They will make you hot food to order but it's not included in all of the rates, there is an extra charge. The room and the lobby area were clean and nice. The room has a large TV but we were hoping for a DVD player, and there were none. One elevator was not working.

We took the stairs at one point hoping to get to the lobby. We ended up in the employee locker room/maintainance area. It was obvious they were smoking in the stairways-it was quite smelly and there were old butts on the stairs. I thought this wasn't so nice. Also-the soda machine down there charged only 75 cents for a soda. The ones in the rest of the hotel charged 2 dollars! So if you want a soda, go down there. ;)

It wasn't awful by any means but I wouldn't stay there again. I think there are other hotels that give you a better value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krglvt
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns and this one is in the bottom 10. The hotel is in a nice location and it looks good on the outside and in the lobby, but I don't think it is managed very well. Here were my issues:
1. I opened my room and found a towel on the floor, bed not made and lights on in the room. Obviously they had not cleaned up the room from the prior night. So I went back down to the front desk and they switched me to another room.
2. The inside door handle on the 2nd room came off when I tried to open the door. I was able to put it back on so I could leave the next morning. But it was something the maid should have noticed and reported to the maintenance staff. I should not have been the one to find this problem.
3. The hook on the inside of the bathroom door was broken off so I didn't have a place to hang my toiletry bag. It was pretty obvious so again the maid or maintenance staff should have fixed this problem.
4. I was lucky to get a free breakfast ticket since I am a HHonors Gold member. I would not have been happy to pay $10.95 plus tax for such a paltry breakfast. I ordered 2 eggs and sausage and it looked more like 1 egg. They only gave me 1 sausage patty. There was any juice glasses so I had to use a coffee mug for my OJ. The staff asked me if I needed anything after I was almost finished with breakfast.

Again, a decent looking HGI but not one that is managed well in my opinion. I would not recommend this to anyone else. It was only $93/night but still I expect better from an HGI hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank HOaKIE
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 28, 2009

What can I say?

This hotel was excellent. We stayed here on our way from MS to KS (moved for a job). We had to stop at IKEA to buy some furniture. We got what we needed at IKEA and went to check into the hotel. My wife was driving our truck with a 12' trailer attached. She checked in while I parked the u-Haul. When she checked in, she gave me the keys to go park her truck since it was parked under the awning. It came a spur of the moment rain storm and the manager at the front desk "refused" to let me go move it until it quit raining.

Hotel was clean, comfortable, fairly new or completely renovated. Room (2-room suite) was well appointed with two flat screen HDTVs, plush bedding and a nice fold out couch for the boys.

Had breakfast at the restuarant the next morning and it was delicious. Full, cooked to order hot breakfast with the usual pastries/cereal found in a continental breakfast. It was not included in the price, but worth it to not have to stop for breakfast.

All in all, I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in that area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. The hotel is new. Very clean. Nice rooms. Very helpful friendly staff.

The buffet breakfast is a good way to start the day if you are in a hurry. They prepare eggs to order and have a basic but complete selection of food.

Definitely would stay here again if I need to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Bossier City, LA
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Stayed just one night. The wife and I were in to visit a friend. The outside and inside looked brand new. The staff was very nice (almost too nice). They offered complimentary cookies in the evening. They also had a lounge with a full bar and a grill. I was not able to try these. Bed was so comfortable and clean. Bathrooms were clean and they had that curved shower curtain rod that I love so much. Wireless internet worked great. Check out time was at noon, so there was no rush. Would recommend to anyone for any travel purpose.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple