“Great stay in the Plano suburb area of Dallas”

Hilton Garden Inn Frisco
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Dallas must be one of the very few big US cities which have literally nothing to offer to a tourist, and by that I mean the non-sports fan, of course for them, Dallas is the mecca. So you must of course be in town for business, sports or meeting family. Whatever may be your reason, this HGI will help you achieve that in the best way possible. If your work location is not downtown Dallas or FW, you will most likely have it in the PLano area for which this hotel has a convenient location. It is right opposite the Dr. Pepper's Arena so perfect for sports fans as well. There is a shopping mall closeby with several options to eat.
Hotel lobby is typicaly HGI and then some. Friendly front desk, great modern rooms, perfect cooked-to-order breakfast. Free shuttle service to nearby businesses and restaurants.
Drive from DFW can take a good 30 minutes. The hotel has a decent sized pool as well.

So pick this amongst the rest when you are in Plano area and your budget is more than what the Hamptons charge, if not, you may want to read about another review I provided of a Hampton in the area.

Room Tip: Therez no view of course so you may want to opt the standard - highest possible floor away from the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
HGIGrapevine, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your recent review. We always enjoy hearing about your positive experiences at the Hilton Garden Inn Frisco! Thank you for taking the time to share! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

At Your Service,

Kellie Adams

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms with free wifi and Internet. I enjoyed the hot tub, as it was truly hot and not luke warm like some other hotels I've experienced. The work out room was nice, and tread mills excellent quality. I stayed here for my sons lacrosse games which were being played in the area and would recommend this place to any families with similar needs. The complementary breakfast was also great, with many foods to choose from. The hotel is not located near any residential areas with easy access, which means that it's relatively safe from theft and vandalism, as people who often participate in that sort of thing tend to live near by. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very nice. Close to everything. Room was wonderful. Very clean, quiet and well equipped. Check In/Out was fast. Front Desk clerk was very kind and professional. Great value. The only place we would want to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very nice, and the staff was excellent!!! The hotel was clean, and the breakfast was good. The front desk staff was very nice. The parking was good. We were at a BB tournament and the hotel was close to everything. Felt safe there and the rooms

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed there for a gymnastics meet. Hotel was nice, clean, quiet. Was able to work using the free internet. Staff was extremely nice when they couldn't locate my reservation. I was worried that I would have to find another hotel, but they accommodated me anyway. Not sure about the beds, I couldn't tell the difference when I adjusted it. However bed and pillows were very comfortable. Pool was outdoors so we did not use it. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were in Frisco last weekend for a businness conferance and stayed at the Hilton Garden...it was a very nice basic room...clean and well kept...the staff was very friendly...we will more than likely stay again when we return for conferance ....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HGIGrapevine, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hello and thank you very much for your recent review. We always love our guests' feedback, and we're happy to hear about your positive experience at the Hilton Garden Inn ~ Frisco. Thank you for taking the time to share! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

At Your Service,

Kellie Adams

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed for a week for residency interviews that were across the street at the Embassy. The price difference was significant. The staff was extremely nice. They have the adjustable number beds, each side having its own dial. They also have feather pillows. I woke up after the first night with the most stiff neck possible. I called to the front desk and they immediately sent up their foam pillows as well as two firm pillows for me for the remainder of my stay.

If you sign up for Hilton rewards, you get the full service breakfast (at least that's the only reason I can think of- my friend who didn't sign up didn't get them, possibly coincidence?). One coupon is good for 2 ppl. Omelettes or eggs any style, bacon, pancakes, fruit, etc... the staff here also just as helpful and nice.

There's a decent gym, fridge and microwave in the room also.

Overall I had a great week long stay!

• Stayed: January 2013