“Great location!”
Review of Aloft Frisco

Aloft Frisco
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I got a standard 1 bed room. When I book a room online, I did not receive the completed message so I tried again but did not receive any confirmation e-mails. I decided to call the hotel reservation center to make sure if they have a reservation and not duplicated also. I explained the situation and I was told they were not holding duplicated reservation and the agent kindly sent me the confirmation e-mail but when I got there, my reservation was duplicated... The staff was nice and friendly and canceled my duplicated reservation without giving any problems.

The room was very small and bathroom had only shower but no tub. The view was terrible, only the hotel's own roof and construction. My trip was supposed to be several days but I decided to change the hotel. The atmosphere of the hotel is very hip but check-in counter area is very small and process of the check-in was slow. There's a small area that you can purchase a bottle of water, juice and muffins etc but no complementary breakfast is available. The location is very good, close to shopping mall and restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

cocobeans88,

Hello, and thank you for writing a recent review of our property. I understand you experienced some difficulty when booking your reservation online, and ended up with 2 reservations instead of 1. I'm sure this was very frustrating, but I am glad to hear we were able to cancel the duplicate reservation for you! You also mentioned an unpleasant view in your room. I do apologize, but next time don't hesitate to ask for a different room. We would be glad to relocate you, as long as we have something else available. Thanks again for your feedback, and we do hope that you will give us another chance the next time you're in the Frisco area.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We visited this hotel with a group of families and none of us were overly impressed. We were in a 2 queen room that sleeps 4 people for a 4 night stay (there were 5 of us). Upon arrival, we were greeted by a large roach walking across the floor where we planned to put our blow up mattress. I started asking for towels the day after we arrived as we were only give 3 to start out with. I also had to ask for the trash to be emptied. NO LUCK on either one. The 3rd day I asked the manager, the lobby clerk, and the cleaning lady (IN SPANISH) to please bring us 5 clean towels and empty our trash cans. The trash was emptied but we didn't receive our 3 TOWELS until 9 oclock that night. The bathroom doesn't have a proper door, but a trendy sliding loft-type door (not a pocket door) that does not keep in/out sounds or smells. No closets either. Just front-facing hanging space covered by a curtain.
Maybe fine for business travel but they definitely struggle to accomodate families in both room space and housekeeping requirements.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the pest issue, and that we were unable to fulfill your simple request to receive towels in a timely manner. In response to your feedback, I have spoken with the housekeeping department to address both issues. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your valuable feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at kelli.perdue@aloftfrisco.com, should you wish to discuss this further. While I understand we are not a perfect fit for everyone, I do hope that you will return to any of our Starwood locations in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

1. Always great people
2. Always clean
3. Always fun guests
4. Appreciate the mini-food service in the lobby
5. Hotel is located on the same corner as 50+ store shopping center. I usually forget something so there is a Super-Target, Ross, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, plenty of restaurants, Best Buy, AT&T and a Starbucks.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Dear SouthernCal,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such a great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the services we offer! Thank you for choosing the Aloft Frisco. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

So, the hotel looks cool from the outside, even the lobby is trendy looking. However, you quickly find, no free breakfast, the AC in the hallways is colder than in the rooms, everything is overpriced, and the pool is so small that if 2 kids are in the pool, you will not be able to get in. Bottom line - Do Not Stay Here, there is a Hilton next store I wish I had stayed at. This is a mistake staying here

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Charles R
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Charles R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with the services and amenities we have to offer. While I understand we are not a perfect fit for everyone, we do our best to provide each of our guests with an exceptional stay. That being said, I do hope that you will return to another Starwood location in the future.

Kelli Perdue
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I learned this lesson the hard way. I booked five nights on the "Shop Til You Drop" promo (at $50 more per night than the standard rate available at the time) and found out that they only give you one $50 gift card for the entire stay. Not one for each night. I would never have booked this package if I knew that was the deal.

I stayed Sun - Thurs nights and initially brought this up with front desk staff on Monday night. I explained that if I knew what the deal was beforehand I would not have booked at that rate, or I would have booked five separate nights in order to qualify for the gift cards. They were sympathetic but had no power to make any changes to my rate. I had to speak to the manager.

I tried Tuesday morning, but the manager wasn't in yet. I finally spoke to her on Wednesday morning. She told me she couldn't give me gift cards and if I had read other rate rules, for example, the movie pass deal, I would clearly see that those stated one voucher per night. My rate did not say that. I don't think it's really reasonable for me to read the rate details of packages that I'm not interested in, and I told her so.

I asked for my room rate to be reduced for the four nights that I wouldn't have booked. She said I could only rebook going forward and offered no other solution for the four nights. Even though I had brought this up right away on Monday. At this point I only had one more night left. I would say that she was less than helpful and offered no solutions to my problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tctctm
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding in regards to the promo rate you booked online. While I understand you expected a $50.00 gift card daily, our website clearly states the following:

“Shop Til You Drop Pk. Includes a $20 Wxyz Coupon and $50 American Express Gift Card to Stonebriar Mall (can be used at all of their shops).”

That being said, and I am glad that this appears to be the only issue during your stay, and that cleanliness, location, and friendliness of our staff met your overall expectations.

Should you have any additional comments or concerns, I invite you to contact me directly at kelli.perdue@aloftfrisco.com. I would be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed for the weekend in a king room, it was on the small side and has a contemporary vibe. We didn't stay in the room much, we went out and about in Frisco and Dallas. It was in a good location, close to shopping and restaurants. Overall, we thought the hotel was nice. The room was clean, the air was cold, and the bed was comfortable. We had no problem checking in or out. We did call for extra towels and was told it would be 15-30 minutes but we didn't get them before we left for the evening. We asked at the front desk on our way back in and got them quickly. We really had no complaints. It was a little inconvenient that the only ice was on the 1st and 5th floors. The only "issue" I had was about the shower; the shower head is a rainfall type shower head and the water pressure was not the best and the shower door did not go all the way down, by design, and the floor got wetter than it should have. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erin483

Erin,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave such great comments about your experience with us. It's very rewarding to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your weekend getaway at the Aloft Frisco. We hope welcome you back the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend, just to get away and do something. If you're looking for a really luxurious hotel, this isn't the one for you. The room was somewhat small, we stayed in a king room, and had kind of a minimalistic vibe. We stayed gone most of the time because we were in Frisco to do things, not just stay in our room. We really have no complaints, the room was nice, the air was cold, and the bed was comfortable. The only "complaint" I have is about the shower. The shower head is a rainfall type shower head and the water pressure wasn't the best. The door on the shower didn't go all the way down, by design, and the floor got wetter than it should have. Overall, we'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014

Davrin,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your weekend getaway at the Aloft Frisco, and we hope to see you again soon!