“Great stay”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Denison, Texas
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed for the weekend in a king room, it was on the small side and has a contemporary vibe. We didn't stay in the room much, we went out and about in Frisco and Dallas. It was in a good location, close to shopping and restaurants. Overall, we thought the hotel was nice. The room was clean, the air was cold, and the bed was comfortable. We had no problem checking in or out. We did call for extra towels and was told it would be 15-30 minutes but we didn't get them before we left for the evening. We asked at the front desk on our way back in and got them quickly. We really had no complaints. It was a little inconvenient that the only ice was on the 1st and 5th floors. The only "issue" I had was about the shower; the shower head is a rainfall type shower head and the water pressure was not the best and the shower door did not go all the way down, by design, and the floor got wetter than it should have. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erin483
Erin,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to leave such great comments about your experience with us. It's very rewarding to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your weekend getaway at the Aloft Frisco. We hope welcome you back the next time you're in the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Denison
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a weekend, just to get away and do something. If you're looking for a really luxurious hotel, this isn't the one for you. The room was somewhat small, we stayed in a king room, and had kind of a minimalistic vibe. We stayed gone most of the time because we were in Frisco to do things, not just stay in our room. We really have no complaints, the room was nice, the air was cold, and the bed was comfortable. The only "complaint" I have is about the shower. The shower head is a rainfall type shower head and the water pressure wasn't the best. The door on the shower didn't go all the way down, by design, and the floor got wetter than it should have. Overall, we'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Davrin,

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review about your recent experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy your weekend getaway at the Aloft Frisco, and we hope to see you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed at the Aloft Frisco during the weekend of 7/18/2014. A nice looking hotel from the outside, but these are some of the issues I experienced:

1. Room Size – Though the room was a bit small, it was just enough room for me as I was the only person in the room.
2. A/C unit – This unit was so loud that I had to turn the volume up on the television in order to hear. Unfortunately, I could not turn the A/C off as the room gets pretty warm, which makes it uncomfortable.
3. Shower – The walk-in shower was pretty cool, but water from the shower leaks out onto the floor. The bathmat that was placed on the floor was of no help, as it was soaked once I finished my shower. Also, the large showerhead produced low water pressure, which made me stay in the shower a little longer than usual.
4. Sheets – The sheets had a funny smell to them, as if they were not laundered properly. I'm wondering if the housekeeping staff even changed the sheets between hotel guests.
5. Front Staff – Upon my checkout, the person working at the front desk asked me what my name was and room number, I told her, and she tells me thank you. I’m standing there waiting for my receipt, that I had to ask for, then she tells me that since I made the reservation online that I would not get a receipt. What a load of crap! I book hotel reservations online quite often, and I have ALWAYS received a receipt upon checkout. I was not leaving until I got a receipt for my stay, which she finally gave to me.

I will not be staying at this hotel again, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I’d rather pay a few extra dollars and get better service than what I received here.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, choose a room away from the pool area as it gets pretty noisy with people...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ThatTexasGirl
Hello!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. You mentioned issues with the front desk staff, as well as some unpleasant room conditions. I sincerely apologize that you were not completely satisfied, and I encourage you to make us aware of any uncomfortable room conditions immediately, so we can address them right away. I will also be reviewing proper check out procedures with all front desk staff members, as obtaining a receipt should not be difficult at all. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kelli.perdue@aloftfrisco.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Aloft location in the future.
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed July 1, 2014

OK for a one night business trip stay. Hotel features contemporary design that is not functional. Lobby is spacious with multiple seating areas. Chairs and sofas are stylish but not comfortable at all. Rooms are on the small side and not laid out well. Large flat screen TV but aimed right at the bed. Only one desk chair in the corner of the room on the same wall as the TV. No easy chair to watch TV. Room features a wall unit with cubby holes facing the sink. No closet, only a 3/4 cubby covered by a drape. No dresser drawers, only open cubbies without covers. Nice walk-in shower but it leaks all over the tile shower area floor. Only two bath towels. Room door was solid but transmitted hall noise. We won't go back to an A Loft.

Green Features: Hotel had recycle bins in the room. However the housekeeping carts only had one bag for trash without an apparent place for recyclable discards.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldAg65
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. Please accept my apology. I understand you were not satisfied with the room layout. You also mentioned that the shower leaked onto the bathroom floor. While we can't exactly change the room layout, I will see to it that the shower issue is rectified immediately. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at kelli.perdue@aloftfrisco.com if you have any additional comments or concerns. We realize that we are not a perfect fit for everyone, but hope that you will give other Starwood brands the opportunity to serve you in the future.
ndp79
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was quiet & cheaper than the hotel next door hosting the conference I was attending. The location could not have been better! Tons of awesome restaurants & shopping really close by. We never left the area.

I was NOT thrilled with random stains on the white bedding. Attention to detail goes a long way with customers & unfortunately there was a serious lack of it in this department. The beds weren't plush, but they weren't necessarily uncomfortable. Everything else seemed clean enough.

There is a pantry with snacky items for sale. They also had a window where you can order breakfast. We didn't utilize the pantry or breakfast service, though, because if I'm paying for food there are too many great locations nearby to eat good food.

I'd stay here again, but I would inspect the bedding before getting in!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The issue you described in regards to the stained bed linen is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your negative experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I will be coaching our housekeeping department accordingly. I really do appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and if you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at kelli.perdue@aloftfrisco.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our properties in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was not a good experience, the hotel seemed fine but it lacked something. When I got to my room it was hot, really hot. I put my things down, turned on the air to 65, and I went for a bite to eat. Three or so hours later the room was still hot. When I went down stairs the staff manager told me immediately that there was no air. He told me that there was nothing that he could do about it.

Please know this: it is hot in Texas, without flinching he offered nothing further. In addition to the heat the room had luke warm water.

Room Tip: Hot water and air conditioning issues, unfriendly staff.
Green Features: Did not see any environmentally friendly practices during my stay.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Shawn C
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Shawn C,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand you experienced issues with the air conditioner during your stay. I am very sorry this was not properly addressed. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

I want you to know that we work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent that we fell short in this case. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Kelli Perdue
Assistant General Manager
palo alto, ca
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We recently stayed here for a wedding. Overall it was a fine hotel for the weekend - not over the top glam but easy, clean and fit what we needed. Price was good for what we paid.

The good:
- Room was clean and beds were comfy.
- Bliss products are nice.
- My husband used the gym and it was spacious and had good equipment.
- Lobby space was nice, we did use the pool table which was fun.
- Good location

The bad:
We had a room facing the pool which would be fine except we woke up early Saturday to the faint sounds of music and the persistant annoying base. I thought it was the room next door but when it happened again on Sunday, the noise was back. My husband pointed out that it was the pool. I don't mind music around a pool, but there's an appropriate time for that. Before 9 am seems too early to be honest. If we had stayed longer, I would have requested a new room. Note - our room was on the 2nd floor and so closer to the pool - perhaps on a higher floor, it wouldn't be so loud.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the pool or on the 2nd floor - the music can be heard and will drive you n...
Green Features: We liked not having the room clean to get $5 to use in the food area.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelli P, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear kat650,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the many amenities we have to offer, and that you were pleased with your stay overall. I understand your discontent in regards to the early morning music coming from Splash (our pool area) and do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will take your comments into consideration, and hope to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you're in the area.

Kelli Perdue