“Nice hotel”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here and I thought it was very nice. It meet all my expectations and from booking the hotel to checking out all went flawless. They have a nice breakfast bar, hot and cold food but it is intended for a on the go type of food. Would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AloftFriscoGenMgr, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
From everyone here are the hotel, we are all excited to hear that you had a "flawless" stay and you enjoyed your time with us.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I was out in Frisco for some business. The hotel my conference was at was sold out and I have always had good luck at the Aloft brand.
This stay did not disappoint.

Check in was painless, the room was nice as usual. Nice comfy bed, clean room and pleasant staff. The hotel has a shuttle to take you to restaurants and shops in the local area. The staff was nice and helpful. The lobby bar was nice as well was the little cafe in the lobby as well.

I will stay here again when I need to come to Frisco.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us!

Quick, short, brief, long term, or extended stay we have you covered!

We look forward to seeing you in the future!
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2014

After travelling for 16 hours, the one thing you need is a place to sleep! We were checked in right away, the room was very cozy and extremely clean...something that we look for the minute we walk inside! The bed was very comfortable. Although the rooms are not very big which is expected since they resemble a loft, the bathroom was nice and comfortable. Nothing like a nice hot shower to end and start the day. Thank you for such a pleasant stay. We are planning on going back sometime in March. Oh, lets not forget the stores. I love to shop while my husband likes to stay and watch TV. Perfectly located! Joe and Tish Lambert

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AloftFriscoGenMgr, Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Joe/ Tish,

Thank you for staying with us!!! You are right if shopping is your thing we have you covered, most everything you can think of is within a mile of the hotel. What more does one need?

Glad to hear you had a flawless stay!
Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel because the room was $89 which was incredibly cheap compared to other hotels we looked at. It is also within a few miles of IKEA and the Frisco shopping center.

Our stay here was okay but there were a few small flaws with our room that made it less enjoyable: 1) small room, 2) cold bathroom floors, 3) TV remote with stuck buttons, 4) no heat, and 5) no free breakfast.

Upon opening our very tall room door, I immediately realized why it's called "Aloft" -- the rooms are set up so that you walk in the bathroom and the bed is located behind the bathroom wall. The room was quite small but it had a small fridge and coffee maker which we appreciated.

The shower...oh the shower!! It was a wonderful walk-in shower with glass door and they have Bliss products (sold at Sephora) to use for shampoo, body wash, soap, lotion, etc. I loved that they smelled good and weren't the usual cheap hotel toiletries. The only complaint I had about the bathroom was that the ceramic floors were VERY COLD to walk on.

The flat screen TV on the wall across from the bed was a great feature. The buttons on our remote didn't work very well though...some of them would get stuck when you pushed them. So we really appreciated that they had an app you could download to change channels and adjust volume from your phone.

Our room was also incredibly cold. We had the heat on for about an hour before we realized it wasn't really working. We turned it up to 80 and it was still putting out COLD air. I called the front lobby and they brought up 2 blankets but that was it. The room was cold but it wasn't unbearable.

We had a good stay here aside from a few issues. We both love modern design so we really loved the overall layout of the hotel. We also liked that you could opt-out of housekeeping and receive a $5 voucher for being eco-friendly. We used this on a chocolate milk and muffin since breakfast here is NOT free.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle D
Thank you for the detailed comments regarding all of the important details relating to the hotel and the Frisco area.

We look forward to your next stay with us.
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location close to dr pepper stars center. Very modern and cool! Kids and adults loved it, staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and beds comfortable. Lobby spacious, Only issue was 16th birthday party until 11:00 hosted in entire lobby, so kids and parents couldn't hang out together in lobby after games. Entire lobby full of teenagers, they had a blast though! Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed January 2014
Glad to hear/ see that you had a great stay!
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was visiting the area due to a family member being in a local hospital. The young lady at the front desk was wonderful. Got me checked in quickly. After being in a hospital waiting room for 28 hrs I was looking forward to a hot shower and just my luck NO hot water. There were two additional customers waiting in the lobby to check out due to this issue. I was told the issue had been resolved but after waiting 30 min I still had no hot water. Although the other staff were great the manager I spoke with left a little to be desired. She was overly helpful to the other customers but since I booked through Priceline my experience was different. I was told to get my money back from them. After over an hour on the phone I was able to get a refund and check out. I did have to go through the trouble of booking another hotel but it was well worth it. A longer drive from the hospital but the customer service was amazing. I will never stay at another Aloft hotel after the way I was treated. Decor was modern and hip but the rooms were nothing special. Carpet needed replacing and the front of the A/C unit in the room kept coming off.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear that your travel into the area was due to a family member being hospitalized. It is our goal to make trips like yours into the area much more streamlined than it had been. As of for the hot water issue which you experienced, I think that our communication could have been more accurate to all of our guests, our FD team was premature in communicating the final repair/ solution and although the boiler relay that was replaced was in place, reheating cold water to hot water for the entire hotel would take longer than explained to inquiring guests by our FD team, not that it matters now but reheating an average home's water heater takes a fair amount of time, the commercial system that we use although usually very efficient needed additional time to "catch up" and not communicating that properly was unfair. Again this is of no concern and we totally understand your frustration and truly apologize for the deficiency, and we have learned from the entire situation.
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Woke up sore all over with a stiff neck and back! Rolled over to look at my husband whose expression and moan meant he'd slept equally as bad! Hard hard bed and horrible pillows all fluff no support. The hotel was beautiful very modern, but man what aweful bed!

• Stayed December 2013
Our goal is complete satisfaction and we regret to hear that you quality of sleep while at the hotel is not what you are accustomed to at home and other hotels.

Outside of the bed issue your stay and comments regarding cleanliness, location, and service we near perfect, and we are pleased to see that you were all around please with your stay.