“1st Stay”
Review of Aloft Frisco

Aloft Frisco
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Frisco
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The decor was wonderful as well as the staff upon check in. Room offered complimentary bottles of water which was a plus. The rooms are set up wonderfully and utilize the space well. The lobby is set up great as well, love the vibe and all the different places to socialize. Only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 was the upkeep in the property. Disappointed in the damages to the front desk that are very obvious as well as the furniture in the small breakfast area and many other spots throughout the hotel. Overall a very nice stay and well worth the price. Close to shopping and restaurants is a big plus as we had some time to kill.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you for your response! I am very pleased to know that you truly liked the hotel, staff and amenities and would love for you to stay with us again. It is also important to receive feedback such as yours because it keeps us on our toes. I do want to let you know that we are in the process of "sprucing" up the place. We want all of our guest to enjoy aloft as much as we do!

Again, thank you and I hope you will be staying with us soon

Reviewed July 29, 2012

First time we stayed here. Location was great, as was the staff. Stingy with towels and not to thorough with cleaning. There was a juice bottle under the table by tge air conditioner when we got there and it was still there when we left. Beds are not very comfortable and we had a room by the entrance into thw hallway so we heard it slam all night! Embassy cost more but sooo worth it! We usually stay there but someone wanted us to try this place and for the price it was no big loss. Just won't visit here again even if it was free!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your feedback! I do want you to know that we appreciate all views on our hotel especially ones like yours because without them we would not be able to address the concerns of our guest. We do try to provide a memorable experience for all our travelers and hope they will return.

Again, thank you for feedback.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have stayed here several times during the Christmas season due to its proximity to excellent shopping. Aloft is clean, comfortable and convenient. It is very close to Stonebriar Center as well as tons of other stores and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again, as long as I'm always able to get a great rate.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. It truly wonderful to hear that you had several memorable experiences here at aloft and will continue to create new ones.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a newer hotel located in the heart of the Frisco shopping/dining district, also very close to the convention center. The room was very clean and comfortable, with an over-sized shower (no bathtub). The only issue with the room was the shower has a frosted glass panel instead of a wall, therefore anyone in the bedroom area can see the person in the shower. That was awkward. Our room was located directly above the bar, so the music could be heard very late. I would suggest requesting a room on the opposite end of the bar/lobby or higher than the second floor. For our purposes, it was so convenient to get in and out of this hotel for shopping and restaurants, and most of all it was very clean which is very important to me. I would stay here again, just being mindful of the shower issue and requesting room in different location.

Room Tip: Request rooms higher than second floor on weekend nights to avoid loud music from bar.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Aloft-Frisco-GM, Front Office Manager at Aloft Frisco, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! I do want you to know that we are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Let me begin by saying we got an awesome deal and paid well below the list rate of this hotel. I believe we got plenty of bang for our buck. The hotel lobby and the rooms were great. Very modern feel to them both. I will say that walking down the hallway to our room I was scared to open the door. The hall is very dark and HOT-it felt as if the air conditioning was turned off. The carpet in the hall also looks like it has seen better days. I was so excited to see that our room was the complete opposite. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you first for choosing the aloft Frisco for your recent visit and also thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to hearing from our guest and absolutely love when they enjoy their stay. It is very encouraging to our staff to know that their efforts are not being ignored. You will be happy to know that the issues addressed in your comment are being looked at.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is my favorite hotel to stay in when I make my Ikea runs. This time I was really disappointed that the hotel had really run down and not been kept up. Such a cool hotel, nice staff, and comfy beds. The room design and layout is perfect. I still love this place just please, please Aloft, do some work on the place. In the room the faucet on the sink was loose, just tighten the bolt! The shower control was also very loose. And the toilet roll holder was about to fall off. Seriously all this could be fixed in 10 minutes with a screwdriver and a wrench! The wallpaper in the hall was coming loose in places. By the pool the white lounger made of wicker had large holes in it. Get rid of it! I would rather not see it and sit in regular chairs! It just gives the appearance of a run down place. This is a nice, fun place to stay and there is no excuse for all the minor issues not being taken care of immediately to keep the property up. I would still stay here again, but would not pay more than 85-100 a night max until they get the property back up to standard.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your continued support of aloft! It is wonderful to know that we have great fans out there such as yourself. In regards to all maintance issues, you will be glad to know that we are in the process of bringing back the glow that you fell in love with. As we know, wear and tear can be rough but with a little hard work and patience from our loyal guest we will make it through this.

Again, I want to thank you for your feedback and your contined support of the aloft!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

ACCEPTABLE and depending upon room rate SATISFACTORY for short duration stays: The Aloft chain has mostly mixed reviews, you either really like it or really hate it. It was thus with some intrepidation when I booked this Frisco, TX for a 5 night business stay.

The property is located in the midst of a number of shopping complexes, thus easy access from the various highways, busy roads during the day, but mostly quiet at night.

The Aloft attempts to provide a boutique experience but on a budget price. This by no means a 'normal' hotel in any regards and you just have accept this. My check-in was fast, however, I noted one evening a large group attempting to check in overwhelming the night staff.

Likely the biggest (and perhaps fatal) flaw to the hotel is the failure to invest in room-to-room sound dampening. I heard clearly (as if sitting in the same room) my neighbor having a telephone call. Lucky I was in an end unit and for my duration I had only 1 incident of noise, however I might imagine this to be problematic. The room doors close automatically and can smack the metal frame if released. I worried I would hear clanking noises up and down the hallway, but again I was at the end of a hall and heard little.

Rooms are large, modestly illuminated, bedding was comfortable (I'm not sure why the others have complained - it was fine!). Good desk area. Bath was servicable but somewhat small and a nice shower. It's an open concept, so you'd better know your travel partner well!

The downside to the room - there is literally no where to sit other than the bed or desk area which would be hellish for more than a single traveller. There is also no enclosed storage space so you clothings just sits out. There is a small hanging area covered by a cheapy looking fabric curtain.

Considering this is a new property, I don't have high hopes for its ability to endure years of service due to the usage of lower cost items. The electric switch and toliet roll holder in my room literally pulled from the wall. Walking the hotel, I felt like every fixture needed 1 more turn of a screw driver to secure.

As others have noted, I didn't get the sense the cleaning crew was doing a 100% through job. As a single business traveller I'm only in the room a few waking hours and mostly tidy, nonetheless I felt something was amiss. Finally, I was initially happy with the relatively quiet AC unit with an exacting digital thermostat, but during the night I either woke up freezing to death or hot - never could figure out why though.

This is a fairly negative review, however my corporate room rate was quite inexpensive, it was quiet, clean (enough) and somewhat comfortable. If you have to stay here or the features seem attractive to you - you'll be fine (no need to run away). However, there is novel concept has some sharp edges that a seasoned traveler is likely to dislike.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for all of your feedback. Without comments such as yours we would not know what features and attributes our guest rave about or could do without. The aloft is a unique brand and you either like it or dislike. We do strive to ensure that all of our guest feel comfortable and have everything they require during their stay.

I again want to thank you for all of your feedback as it has been very helpful and hopefully if in the area you will stay with us again.