“Small town vibe”
Review of The Depot Cafe

The Depot Cafe
Ranked #24 of 443 Restaurants in Frisco
Reviewed July 15, 2014

A friend of mine recommended The Depot to me a while back, and in thinking about a place to eat breakfast a few weeks ago, I remembered it! The cafe is very small. Doesnt have a lot of tables, but they have enough. The prices were reasonable. The food could have been a little better. My scrambled eggs were a little overcooked. I like them to be moist and they were a little on the dry side. The biscuits were good and the gravy was average. They cooked my bacon crispy just as I asked. Next time I go, and I will for sure go again, I will ask them to not cook my eggs so long, and I will try the sausage gravy.

There are newer reviews for The Depot Cafe

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We always look for a place to eat after Bible study. It's hard finding places at lunch time for a group of 8-10. I came across the restaurant by reading reviews on 3 different review sites. I'm glad we chose to try it!

I had the salad, friends had hamburger, chicken strips, grilled ham and cheese sandwich, french fries, okra and green beans. Everyone was pleased with their food. The place is clean, and staff are very friendly.

Other reviews mention the fact it's attached to the gas station and day laborers out front (neither of which bothered me). I think it's a great place. I plan to return with my husband for breakfast.

Make sure you look at hours of operation-they are not open all the time

2  Thank Kelley M
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Who knew? It always looked like a gas station and convenience store the many times I drove down Frisco's Main Street. It's where I had picked up a day laborer or 2 for home projects. That's the way it started 55 years ago when all Frisco had was a spotty Main Street surrounded by a dozen homes. But then when the son took over, he turned all the extra space into a cafe/diner with absolutely the BEST home cooking you've ever tasted! Only breakfast and lunch are served here, so arrive no later than 1:30 pm. The catfish is their best seller and is to DIE FOR! They've left out nothing in their quest to become Frisco's home spun cooking destination. Dennis will tell you: Everything is cooked from scratch here. No pre-breaded, frozen anything! No microwaves. As if the finished product didn't let you know that with the first bite. This is the kind of place people come and just hang... do a business deal... friendly... warm... inviting. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Brooke R
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch after reading many reviews. It was great - especially since you could have four legs! Or two breasts - all for the same low fare. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I loved this little diner! Tucked away behind the Exxon station in downtown Frisco, this is the place for you if you like fried food! Fried catfish, fried okra, chicken fried steak, you name it! Loved the fried catfish. Going to try the very large and yummy looking burger next time. Order at the counter, they give you a number, and someone will bring your plate out shortly. Definitely worth the trip - very reasonable prices as well.

Been to The Depot Cafe? Share your experiences!