“The Hometown Go-To Cafe”
Review of The Depot Cafe

The Depot Cafe
Ranked #23 of 425 Restaurants in Frisco
Frisco, Texas
“The Hometown Go-To Cafe”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I saw other reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to check this place out. I liked it. It reminds me of the go-to family cafe you find in every small town in America. It's family owned, has delicious home cooked food, offers a daily special (which regularly iuncludes cake!), and has walls full of stuff from the local town history. This place is all about the Frisco Railroad. There are railroad tools on the walls, railroad signs, old luggage, and display cases up front that have moidel trains, books, documents, switch locks, and other cool stuff. One reviewr says it feels like you are eating in a train station and I completely agree. The food, though, will keep me coming back again and again. Our favorites are the Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich, the catfish, and the (adult sized) chicken strips. The chocolate cake is moist and rich. Perfect to share between a couple after dinner. Yum.

• Visited September 2012

Frisco, TX
“Good Home Cooking”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Nice little 'hole in the wall' restaurant in Frisco. It's actually in the back of the Texaco station (same owners) but inside is very nice & clean. You feel like you're in an old train station. The hours are strange, only open for dinner on Friday.
The food was very good. I had the shrimp & catfish combo. The catfish was great. My wife had the grilled chicken platter; yea, it was just chicken, but she said it was very tasty and moist. The kids also enjoyed their food.
We're looking forward to going back for breakfast.

• Visited September 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Good home cookin'”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Nice family atmosphere. There seem to be a lot of old timers here. Not the usual families with young kids like you normally see in Frisco. Check the hours before you go. I think they are closed on Sundays. They didn't used to be open for dinner but are now most, if not all nights. Worth a visit.

Visited September 2012
Frisco, Texas
“Hometown Cooking at it's Best”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Catfish catfish catfish. My favorite entree at The Depot Cafe. Or, for breakfast, order their oatmeal. Just good ol' fashioned hometown cooking. Great prices, excellent food and a bit of Frisco history all in one space.

Visited October 2011
Texas
“Favorite Breakfast in Frisco!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a favorite breakfast spot for me and my husband, and we visit at least once a month. We enjoy the small town atmosphere The Depot Cafe provides in the middle of Frisco. Customers place their orders at the counter, and drinks are self-serve; staff members bring the meals to the table. It's a "no fuss" kind of place - with low prices to match! The best part is the homestyle menu. I love the sausage and biscuits, my husband enjoys the oatmeal. No matter what we order, we always enjoy the food here - it's like eating from Mom's kitchen.

• Visited June 2012