“Love their sushi”

Sake Toro
Ranked #63 of 455 Restaurants in Frisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Have been to Sake Toro too many times to count. Always fresh, always delicious. Service is always great. Can't wait to go back. Have eaten a lot of sushi and this is some of the best.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Not going back. They serve Blue Fin proudly on their menu without a thought to the species going extinct. Thoughtless, careless, mindless consumption.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This place is small and busy, which are desirable traits when it comes to sushi! The sushi and sashimi are always of great quality and excellently presented. They also have a good selection of appetizers and cooked dishes - my kids love the chicken teriyaki bento box. Good drinks, attentive service, and they never fail to make us feel welcome. Always a great choice.

1  Thank FriscoTraveler_11
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have to tell you I was surprised in a most pleasent way with this place. This was a "where you want eat, how about there" kind of decision. Thought we would grab some cookie cutter sushi and be on our way. Expectations were low. I was impressed from the front door. It's beautiful. We were greeted promptly by a friendly waiter who was attentive but not smothering. The music was fun and the menu different and interesting. Yes the prices seemed high at first glance, but portion size upon arrival negated that. We ordered apps and my wife had sushi. I had the udon noodle soup. Everything was beautifuly plated and very good. I will stop back in.

1  Thank noblehousecatering
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I spent a good deal of time working in Japan and as part of those lengthy stays, I accompanied my local host to many different sushi establishments. I loved the fish, the simple but elegant presentations and above all the fresh basic sustenance. As a result, I have studiously avoided sushi in America - the slant to rolls, hype and ingredients that detract from the fish. I broke my boycott at Sake Toro and was pleasantly surprised. The fish was fresh, varied and simply prepared in the sushi dinner. I avoided the rolls with cute names slathered with avocado. To each, his own but the sushi dinner met my hunger for a simple meal of fresh fish. The rice was a little dry but the service was prompt and at the counter I could watch the preparation. The service was fine but it was early - 5 pm. The meal was pricey but precisely what I would expect for high quality fish.

Been to Sake Toro? Share your experiences!