“Wasted $$$$”

Add it.
Bergamos Spa Retreat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: You are invited to indulge in the finer things. Sophistication and refinement define Bergamos Spa Retreat. Uniquely luxurious treatments and spa journeys created just for you. Our spa facility offers the finest amenities: Vichy Shower, zero gravity relaxation chairs and treatments tables, cool or warm treatment table temperature controls, private men's and women's spa lounges with whirlpools and sauna. Visit Bergamos Spa and elevate your spirit and restore your body.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Not impressed! At. All. Snobby and rude. Will never go back or recommend!!! Two employees were very nice. Negated however by the rest of staff. Very much a "don't know, don't care" environment.

4  Thank kvw12

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Not good. My wife booked and paid for a Valentine's Day couples massage before Christmas as a Christmas present for me. Bergamos called two weeks before Valentine's Day to let us know that unless we would pay an additional $50, they would be cancelling our appointment that was scheduled two months in advance. It's shocking to me that they are willing to treat their customers this way. As a bonus, they also will not refund the money paid as it was applied to a gift card - and they don't refund gift cards! Thanks for doing your best to ruin Christmas and Valentine's Day in one fail swoop! I hope the massages here are outstanding because the customer service is horrible...

15  Thank Eric B
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I used to love this place. However, that last several times I have called to make an appointment, they have only had one or two at the most people working the pedicure chairs therefore no appointments available. I bought a package six months ago and have been unable to use what I bought. Very upsetting!! I asked to speak to someone on the phone i.e. owner and she said that was against policy!! Are you kidding me? The front desk person is so rude if you have the slightest complaint or suggestion. I would definitely choose somewhere else.

9  Thank Stayathomemom2
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Horrible experience!!
After visiting company website that boasted customized facials, I visited the spa for an 80- min facial. My facial, that was given by Donna, has left me with many concerns and questions.
After a consultation, Donna recommended extractions along with a few other boosters including a pomegranate-pumpkin peel to facilitate the removal of ‘deep whiteheads’ and plugs I supposedly had. She assured me of her capability and mentioned that she has 31 years experience in providing such services. During the facial, most of the time was spent doing extractions, some of which were particularly painful. I asked her few times during and several times after the same about risk of skin breakdown and scarring. I was repeatedly reassured that ‘nothing will happen’, ‘I am in good hands’ and ‘there is no skin breakdown involved’ etc. After the facial was over, I looked in the mirror and saw a few spots that looked like abrasions to me. I showed those to Donna and again was told that this is temporary redness since she did some deep and thorough cleaning and should resolve within a few hours.
As soon as I got home I again noted several areas of skin that were eroded/ abraded but hoped that potentially after overnight ‘resting’ etc they may look better, as had been suggested by the ‘very experienced esthetician’ that Donna claimed she was.
The next day, I woke up with HORRIBLE looking face with both my cheeks with several areas of breakdown/ early scabs and so, called the spa and left my concerns, but am yet to receive any communication back from the spa more than a week later. I also emailed customer service and expressed my concerns, but again, no response.
Overall, I am left with 4 areas of skin breakdown/ abrasions, 2 of which are particularly deep. All 4 of these at this time, appear fairly certain to leave permanent marks as well. The other areas of ‘temporary redness’ are still inflamed but appear to be slowly improving though.
After spending over 185$ in getting an ‘advanced facial’ I am left with painful and unsightly abrasions on both my cheeks and potentially with long term, if not permanent, hyperpigmentation and/or scars. I would have been certainly way better leaving those ‘deep whiteheads’ and plugs on my face, since none of that was visible to me/ others. (of course, without the magnifying mirror). At the same time, I was never told of the possibility by her of this unsightly outcome and even when repeatedly questioned, the possibility was completely denied.
Overall, my visit to the spa left me extremely dissatisfied, angry and upset.
What is worse than the experience itself is no sign of accountability and/or responsibility from the spa. No one attempted to call me/ email me and discuss my concerns and offer apology and advice about how to make things better. Would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!!

14  Thank ch T
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Serene,professional, and pampering. A bit of a shock to find this gem out in the country