“Worst Mexiacn Food I Ever Ate!”

Luna's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 120 Restaurants in Friendswood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Happened to pass by this place and decided to try it with my brother. Chips and sauce were dull but were tolerable. We both ordered typical Tex-Mex dinners, I think it was the Laredo. Also, ordered Chili Con Queso, which tasted like it came from a jar. It had a single piece of something in it but I don't think it was a chile pepper. The taco meat was like nothing I've ever had. I think there were bell peppers in it and some sort of aromatic spice I couldn't identify. I mean something you'd taste in a pie. The "puff" Chile Con Queso was simply a fried corn tortilla shaped like an upside bowl with the bland cheese sauce they call Chile Con Queso poured over it. For crying out loud, I can fry a tortilla and make it puff. it ain't that hard. The enchilada sauce was the blandest concoction I ever ate on an enchilada. To make it worse the enchiladas were stuffed with Velveeta cheese. Beans were OK but just tasted like mashed up pinto beans, no seasoning. I did like the rice and it must be their signature dish because it was palatable. We couldn't finish eating the enchiladas; they were just too insulting to be called Mexican food. My sense is there are no people in Friendswood that have ever tasted real Mexican food because this place gets such great reviews. Folks get out of town once in a while, eat some real Tex-Mex. Compared to this place Casa Ole would 5 stars on Zagat. .

1  Thank Steve D

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I ate here with a big group of friends and although the wait staff did a good job, the food was not very good. My taco salad bowl was slightly burned and others in my party complained that things weren't very good. My daughter order nachos with just cheese and it came out with cheese and beans. The staff got it fixed very quickly, however. There are plenty of mexican restaurants in the Houston area. You can do better than this one. It's a bit overpriced as well.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was in the mood for fajitas and great fajitas were what I encountered. I got the "sizzler plate", which is your choice of three generous portions of meat (chicken, ribs, beef, sausage, quail, or shrimp brochettes). I chose the quail, beef and shrimp brochettes and was not disappointed! There was so much meat on this sizzling hot plate, I think it would have been enough for three people. The plate had yellow and green squash strips, onions and sliced poblano peppers, garnished with assorted bell peppers. They also threw on a skewer of grilled shrimp too!!!! It was all seasoned to perfection and the touch of lime I added made it even better. The tortillas were fresh made and very light....almost crepe-like, but strong enough to hold together a good portion of beef and veggies. The dining area reminded me of sitting in grandma's kitchen and was very homey. This meal was exceptional as was the service....I will be back for more of these fantastic fajitas.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Pros Service was very attentative; salsa was good (liked both red and green). Avacado salad was ok, ordered the chicken with cheese mushrooms ect. it was okay. Margarita's good and large and they do not hold back on the alcohol.

Cons a little pricey on the drinks. Tea was not really good.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

the service is great, prices are reasonable, and the food is fantastic...the place is well laid out, the have plenty of TV's if your looking to watch the game