“good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunset Dr.
Description: For almost 40 years Birraporetti’s has been synonymous with great Italian food, and outstanding adult libations, hence our mission statement, “a great Italian restaurant…with a heck of an Irish bar”. Birraporetti’s in Friendswood opened in 2010 and brought the famous Birraporetti’s reputation for good food and fun times to the community. Since then Friendswood has come to Birraporetti’s for holidays, family meals, date night, and of course drinks with friends. The open restaurant has a warm and comfortable ambiance patrons have grown to love. Birraporetti’s Friendswood serves up delicious popular Italian fare as well as our award winning pizza. While enjoying the food guests also can complement their meal by choosing from our popular wine list. We believe a good meal is best served with a delicious wine so much so our wines are 30% off by the bottle every Monday and Tuesday evening. We also have happy hour from 2pm until 7pm every day of the week featuring our awesome specialty martinis, draft and bottle beers, and wine by the glass with appetizers to enjoy as well. Can’t make it to the restaurant, we have take-out and delivery available so you can enjoy your Birraporetti favorites at home or the office. Our private rooms are the perfect setting for wedding dinners, company lunch or dinner meetings, Christmas parties, and smaller private family meals. Our rooms can be the setting for 10 guests all the way to 60 guests with delicious menu choices. Great times and delicious meals await you at Birraporetti’s Friendswood, located in the Acadiana Center.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love to go here if we want to stay close to home. The pasta is good and the drinks are great!!!! They have great deals here.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was an OK place for Italian. The ambiance of the restaurant was romantic, if somewhat a trite depiction of an Italian theme. The service was very good. Our waiter was attentive and polite. The food was average. We had a cheese pizza appetizer and it was good, if not a little heavy on the mozzarella. We went for lunch so I opted for a turkey club. I was not impressed, but not disappointed. My husband ordered the manicotti. After trying the Italian sausage that accompanies the dish, I was glad I went with something less heavy.
All in all, I may not recommend the place, but if you do find yourself here, it's not overly disappointing.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Birraporetti's was recommended to us as having "the best pizza in town" so when we needed to order several pizzas (to pick up) for our large group, Birraporetti's it was. I ordered 6 "large" pizzas over the phone and made arrangements to pick them up at a scheduled time. I arrived 30 minutes before the scheduled time, fully expecting to wait . Upon arrival I was asked to repeat the order as they didn't write it down correctly the first time. We re-ordered and proceeded to wait the additional 30 minutes and then a few more. The pizzas were finally done and I drove off only to get a phone call from the restaurant 5 minutes later "we might've made a mistake". Yes they absolutely made a mistake.
We had 6 pizza boxes but only 5 pizzas! I had 14 hungry people waiting and now I was down one pizza. We were told they would send the delivery person out with the missing pizza immediately. The seven minute drive took them 30 minutes.....arriving when the other pizzas were gone and most of the guests finished.
The pizzas that we did have were okay. They were EXTREMELY small, maybe 12" (listed as large), the toppings were sparse and unevenly dispersed, and honestly they were all very well done almost to the point of being burned. Two of the pizzas weren't even cut. We were charged $108. for 6 small pizzas averaging out to $18 per and that includes 2 plain cheese!
Oddly enough, the missing in action, late arriving, "veggie" pizza was the only one that looked to be the correct size and shape and was cooked right.
To be fair, we did get several apologies . Still very disappointing. We won't be visiting (or recommending ) Birraporetti's again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Went in on a Saturday afternoon, quick service. We ordered the pork chops which were really good with the mashed potatoes. The food came quick and the portions were so much that we had to ask for a takeout box. When the ticket was brought I was really surprised that we were charged for bread! The reason I was surprised is because the waiter offered it to us as if it was free. That to me was very misleading. I think that it should not be offered as if it's free and just comes with a meal. If I'm in Europe, I know nothing is free and Bread is paid for, sorry I never get that in the USA, I know better now.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Excited to see Birraporetti's open near me and even more excited to see a Groupon for it. Our original plans were to go to The Spaghetti Warehouse downtown, but reservations were booked so we went to this restaurant instead and had no problem getting a seat.

The service was good and almost a little took quick with our entrees! Made us wonder just a little bit. The entree was nothing spectacular and I was somewhat disappointed. I guess BLAND sums it up best. I expect more from Birraporetti's. I could not believe that bread was not included...geez Olive Garden, Johnny Carino's don't charge for bread!

The drinks were good but a little over-priced. Everyone was courteous to us and the bartender was exceptional. We enjoyed his specialty drinks. I would like to come visit on Monday/Tuesday for half-price bottles of wine and Wednesday for half-price glasses of wine.

It was very odd that the restaurant was almost totally empty when we left at 8:30 p.m. on a Saturday night. Really odd.

The menu is a tad bit overpriced and I would not recommend coming here without some sort of coupon or discount. However, next time, I will make sure that I make my reservations in advance for The Spaghetti Warehouse and fight the I-45 traffic.