“Good, but expensive for the area”
Review of Birraporetti's

Birraporetti's
Ranked #32 of 117 Restaurants in Friendswood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunset Dr.
Description: For almost 40 years Birraporetti’s has been synonymous with great Italian food, and outstanding adult libations, hence our mission statement, “a great Italian restaurant…with a heck of an Irish bar”. Birraporetti’s in Friendswood opened in 2010 and brought the famous Birraporetti’s reputation for good food and fun times to the community. Since then Friendswood has come to Birraporetti’s for holidays, family meals, date night, and of course drinks with friends. The open restaurant has a warm and comfortable ambiance patrons have grown to love. Birraporetti’s Friendswood serves up delicious popular Italian fare as well as our award winning pizza. While enjoying the food guests also can complement their meal by choosing from our popular wine list. We believe a good meal is best served with a delicious wine so much so our wines are 30% off by the bottle every Monday and Tuesday evening. We also have happy hour from 2pm until 7pm every day of the week featuring our awesome specialty martinis, draft and bottle beers, and wine by the glass with appetizers to enjoy as well. Can’t make it to the restaurant, we have take-out and delivery available so you can enjoy your Birraporetti favorites at home or the office. Our private rooms are the perfect setting for wedding dinners, company lunch or dinner meetings, Christmas parties, and smaller private family meals. Our rooms can be the setting for 10 guests all the way to 60 guests with delicious menu choices. Great times and delicious meals await you at Birraporetti’s Friendswood, located in the Acadiana Center.
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The first time I ate at Birraporetti's, I swore I wouldn't go back. My meal, linguini and white clam sauce, was terrible. When the server asked if we wanted bread, we said, yes-- only to find out we were charged for it in the end. I've never had an almost $50 Italian lunch in this area. Since then, I've had to go back for different events and have found that sometimes the food and service are excellent (usually evenings and bar service is excellent. I still think their prices are too high, especially for being in Friendswood and based on the inconsistency of the quality. I would definitely go back, but am always wondering, "what's it going to be like this time." I will say though, that to go to the bar for a glass of wine and appetizers with friends, is a treat. We had a great server/bartender there one night who was very knowledgable about wines and recommended some great appetizers. He was also very personable and even let us try a few wines to determine what we wanted to order. For their prices, this is the kind of service I'd expect.

My average rating is truly a mix of excellent and poor visits.

There are newer reviews for Birraporetti's

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Birraporetti's is a great restaurant. We have dinner here at least once a month. I recommend the Chicken Parmigiana. I love that you can choose your pasta and your sauce according to your likes. Any of the House Specialties are really good. Garlic bread is perfect, but a la carte, as is salad, which is also yummy with the house dressing. My husband enjoys the pizza. We've never had anything we didn't like. All the desserts are excellent and the wine list is extensive. Service has always been good, even when busy. We also like the casual atmosphere. A wonderful place for celebrations or just a good meal! We have been fans of the downtown location and also enjoyed the former Westheimer location for many years.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We were staying in Alvin, TX, not too far from Friendswood for a bicycle event last weekend and were looking for a place to eat dinner the night before the ride. My husband had his smart phone and we drove to one place in Alvin (BBQ) and actually walked in and walked out since it was like a buffet type place. I saw Friendswood on the map and it looked like a bigger town so we headed over there. After driving a few miles, we saw the Birraporetti's sign in a strip shopping center and decided that was the nicest restaurant we had seen so decided to stop. It was a Friday night and we struck gold. It happened to be their 2 year anniversary of opening the restaurant and they were featuring 50% off their entire wine list and martini's as well as buy one get one free desserts. How lucky for us. We did order one of our favorite bottles of wine and the server even said we could buy one at the same price to go if we wanted. We ordered a salad to start and that was the only disappointment. For $4.00 I'd expect more than a small handful of iceberg lettuce and a few small tomatoes. Since this is an Italian place, I thought they would bring bread to the table but we never got any. I ordered the Straw and Hay pasta dish but didn't want the cream sauce so asked for it to be prepared with the Basil, Garlic and white wine sauce which they did without an isssue. My husband ordered the Marco Polo pasta with shrimp and chicken in a thai sauce. He also ordered a side of Asparagus which was the nice thin kind that we prefer. We couldn't pass up dessert so we splurged and got the chocolate chip cheese cake and the Tres Leches a mexican cake soaked in milk. The cheesecake was pretty bland with few chips in it and they really didn't have any other chocolate desserts except for mousse on the menu. The Tres Leches cake was super moist and tasty. The server was good and probably the best one on duty. We had eaten at the Birraporetti's in downtown Houston prior to a show and that experience was disappointing. I didn't think we would ever return to this chain, but I will say this location in Friendswood is a good one and we'd return when visiting the area because it's the nicest restaurant in the area and the food and service was good.

Reviewed December 17, 2011

Went on a Saturday for lunch (around 1pm). Just 3 other couples in the restaurant. No hostess to greet us. After a couple of minutes, a waitress seated us and wanted our drink order right away. Since it was our first time here, I didn't even know what they served. Seemed in a hurry to take our order. Food came out within 5 minutes. Spaghetti and meatballs. No cheese was offered; had to ask. Meatballs and sauce were warm, but spaghetti was cool. Waitress never came back for drink refills. Had to track down waitress to get our check and they were not busy. For $12.50 at lunch with no salad or bread, I thought the price was on the higher side for a mediocre meal. Maybe I had my expectations too high.

Reviewed December 26, 2010

Loved their pizza when I lived in upper Kirby and they were on West Gray. Was thrilled to see they opened in Friendswood! Always get the pizza and ask that it be a little crispy. Hope Friendswood supports it so it will be here for years to come.